Page 7507 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 650770077407745774977502750575067507750875097512751775577607 ... LastLast
Results 150,121 to 150,140 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Normally, yes, but in the final ending of Link, Hakuno uses their authority to save the data of both Karl and Charlie separately, allowing both to be summoned as they are in Link; Much like Glory said. So at least in the Mooncell, the two are now recorded as distinct entities from one another. I would expect in an event for Charlie to be a Welfare Saber and Karl to be a 5 star Ruler with his standard appearance being his second ascension after a boring first one with like his hat, chest cross and belt missing, then his third to add some of the mecha elements of his fortress NP and that be that.
    I'm of the same opinion althought I'm a little sceptical about a character as popular as Charlie been given as welfare, though it'll be super cool (His character stole the show in Link for me). But like Comun mentioned, it'll be cool as well if both Charlie and Karl would gain some visual characteristics from the other as they ascend to represent their connection

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And now I find myself speculating about whether or not Sir Blackmore is related to them or not.
    Sniper or not, he needed to be a magus to get into the Moon Cell.

Maybe Dan is related to them, as Bersac is described as being ridiculously high combat ability in the present day, Dan could be similar situation as he is the very best solider of the Queen.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's pretty clear it's hinting at something. It doesn't look too much like Grail Mud, sure, but the golden glowy Rhon's insides being spooky dark crap isn't just for effect.
    rather than AM it reminded me of the mana transfer dragon scene
    don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It occurs to me that when I bought my new laptop, it doesn't have a disk drive or anything. So has TM made any provisions for digital copies of their older works? I wanna buy HA, but I don't know if I can get a digital version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Worst case scenario just buy a USB disc drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And now I find myself speculating about whether or not Sir Blackmore is related to them or not.
    I was just thinking "I wonder if Sir Dan had anything to do with them".
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Worst case scenario just buy a USB disc drive.

Yeah, but I didn't wanna spend the money on it if I'm only gonna use it for one thing. :/

Still, anyone know the best place to find the game? Would Ebay work or is there a more reliable source?
    Galleries for Stuff

You could probably ask Keripo in the loot thread. I hope you have enough money to buy old TM stuff. Even second hand is abusive.
    Last edited by Crown; May 12th, 2021 at 12:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    You could probably ask Keripo in the loot thread. I hope you have enough money to buy old TM stuff. Even second hand is abusive.

Thanks, I'll go check. And yeah, I checked Ebay, unless it's the PSVita version, those prices were astronomical. OnO
    Galleries for Stuff

夜属 Nightkin
    Why exactly does the Mage Association oppose Dead Apostels? Like, aren't most of them still mages who keep the secrecy, while advancing mageacraft? I kinda doubt it's for ethical reasons, considering how tolerant the mage association is of human experimentation and sacrifice.

Aside the fact DAs are by their core beings that reject the whole meaning of Human Order and live by a proscribed immortality. It's because, by nature most Dead Apostles would pursue goals that run counter to anything humanity strives for, Association can be a bunch of crackheads but they still think what they do's for humanity after all. Zelretch's special case says a lot about how you really need to prove yourself a beneficiary to be part of it all. Also the Association already dislikes people who tend to do slightly dodgy researches by their standards, imagine how they'd see people like Alcatraz or Roa. It's just a compatibility that will hardly come forth unless you're still fully capable of not turning your back on certain conceptions when you're a DA, what's already wrong by the very premise from the moment you have chosen to be one.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    Why exactly does the Mage Association oppose Dead Apostels? Like, aren't most of them still mages who keep the secrecy, while advancing mageacraft? I kinda doubt it's for ethical reasons, considering how tolerant the mage association is of human experimentation and sacrifice.
    AFAIK the Mage Association doesn't oppose Dead Apostles per se (their Wizard Marshal is a DA, after all). They oppose research into becoming a Dead Apostle, because as in the incident with Noritaka Emiya such research all too often leads to experiments or situations that break the secrecy and need to be "contained" by the Enforcers.

EDIT: Of course then there's Barthomeloi Lorelei who just hunts them for sport, but it's not like she represents "official Clock Tower business" when she does that.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 12th, 2021 at 12:17 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    A Dead Apostle decides to participate in a territorial dispute with another Dead Apostle. A lot of people die and their blood is sucked. The collateral leads to missing journalists and rumors flying about.
    Policies is not happy.
    Two weeks later, your grandmother shares a Facebook post about european aristocrats drinking the blood of children to stay forever young.

A Dead Apostle's worst enemy and greatest fear is boredom.
    What greater enemy would the Association have than powerful magical creatures that prey on people who just don't want to be bored.
    Last edited by You; May 13th, 2021 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Member of the Ala Iridia MarqFJA87's Avatar

Ma, Akuma, and Shinsei Akuma

I'd like to confirm if I've managed to understand the relationships and differences between the following Nasuverse terms, because the available translations from the Type-Moon Fandom Wiki retain Nasu's confusingly grandiloquent descriptions, and seeking answers elsewhere gave rather conflicting answers. Note that the English translations of the Japanese terms being the ones used on the Fandom wiki were chosen strictly for ease of recognition by as many people as possible.

Demon (魔 Ma) is a catch-all category for “distortions of nature”, i.e. beings that were either naturally born as monsters (怪物 Kaibutsu) (e.g. individuals like Asterios, races like the Oni), were originally natural beings that were transformed into Demonic existences later in life (e.g. Medusa after she became the Gorgon), or are artificial creations that were specifically designed to be Demonic existences (e.g. Len). They are contrasted against Divine beings, and the same type of creature can be one or the other depending on the local culture; dragons, for example, are Demonic Phantasmal Beasts in Europe, while East Asian dragons are Divine Spirits.

Daemons (悪魔 Akuma) are a class of Demons that are byproducts of human consciousness, which need to anchor themselves to a physical object (often a living being) to affect the material world and would be significantly empowered if given a name of their own (e.g. Solomon’s 72 Demon Gods).

True Daemons (真性悪魔 Shinsei Akuma) are Demons that were spontaneously born in their state, independently of human (or even any mortal) existence. They vastly eclipse all the aforementioned in sheer power, with the exercise of their absurdly potent magecraft being as trivial to them as the process of breathing is to a human, and they also reside outside the universe that is inhabited by mortals, making them comparable to the Outer Gods. It's apparently implied that it's possible for Daemon to become a True Daemon if they possess a mortal and said mortal's psyche has enough resilience to not collapse in the process. No actual examples exist in canon yet, though Kiara Sesshôin is said to have attained an existence pretty close to one (keyword being "close"; by definition she could not become one since she was born as a flesh-and-blood being of this universe).
    Last edited by MarqFJA87; May 13th, 2021 at 09:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqFJA87 View Post
    Demon (魔 Ma)
    Sounds good.

Daemons (悪魔 Akuma; sing. “Daemonium”) need to anchor themselves to a physical object (often a living being)
    I don't remember any mention of devils being able to possess non-human objects.

True Daemons (真性悪魔 Shinsei Akuma) reside outside the universe that is inhabited by mortals, making them comparable to the Outer Gods.
    It's unclear which brand of devil is comparable to Outer Gods, or for what reason. The option that makes the most sense is them being comparable to the non-True kind because Outer Gods are also destructive influences that can't on Earth without possessing a human (a Foreigner Servant in their case).

It's apparently implied that it's possible for Daemon to become a True Daemon if they possess a mortal and said mortal's psyche has enough resilience to not collapse in the process. No actual examples exist in canon yet, though Kiara Sesshôin is said to have attained an existence pretty close to one (keyword being "close"; by definition she could not become one since she was born as a flesh-and-blood being of this universe).
    True Devils are incarnated demons, and fully demonized humans are also incarnated demons, but that doesn't necessarily means they become True Devils. They still fail the condition of already being what they are before any human gave them an identity.
    Last edited by Comun; May 13th, 2021 at 09:43 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It should be a bannable offense to use Daemon as a term in that context again.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'll care about True Demons when I see one

Member of the Ala Iridia MarqFJA87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I don't remember any mention of devils being able to possess non-human objects.
    Yeah, I was just being cautious, considering the immensity of the Nasuverse lore.

It's unclear which brand of devil is comparable to Outer Gods, or for what reason. The option that makes the most sense is them being comparable to the non-True kind because Outer Gods are also destructive influences that can't on Earth without possessing a human (a Foreigner Servant in their case).
    The entry in which the comparison is made is specifically about True Daemons, though. The ambiguity would make me think that it would default to the entry's subject.

True Devils are incarnated demons
    ... Are you talking about Ma or Akuma when you say "demons"?

and fully demonized humans are also incarnated humans
    What does "incarnated human" mean?

but that doesn't necessarily means they become True Devils. They still fail the condition of already being what they are before any human gave them an identity.
    Yeah, I don't dispute that. Even the Fate/EXTRA material entry that I paraphrased on the matter agrees with you, it just phrased it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    It should be a bannable offense to use Daemon as a term in that context again.
    What's with the disproportionate hostility?

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'll care about True Demons when I see one
    ... Nobody asked you to. Or compelled you to participate in this discussion that you clearly don't want to constructively contribute to.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ... Are you talking about Ma or Akuma when you say "demons"?
    Ma

What does "incarnated human" mean?
    Incarnated demon, but when you don't proofread.