Page 7558 of 7562 FirstFirst ... 65587058745875087548755375567557755875597560 ... LastLast
Results 151,141 to 151,160 of 151240

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Dunno about spoiler-free ones, but the overwhelming majority agrees that the remake is superior. I've yet to see a negative review, but I'm holding black from saying it's an unanimous opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    If in a different timeline Waver had decided to participate in the 5th HGW like he had originally been considering and taken Gray along with him, then assuming that at some point Saber was defeated, would her soul have been absorbed into the Grail like all the other Servants or possessed Gray's body instead?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Dunno about spoiler-free ones, but the overwhelming majority agrees that the remake is superior. I've yet to see a negative review, but I'm holding black from saying it's an unanimous opinion.
    I have seen one negative review and it mostly boiled down to not liking the powercreep in the remake and things not being like the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've seen plenty of people who dislike it, for one reason or the other.

The thing they seem to have in common is not being able to read it though.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Is there a reasoning behind the title "Melty Blood"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blood alludes to both vampirism and Sion/Zepia's relation of ancestry. Melty... uh, invokes imagery of melting chocolate to indicate how the blood looks appetizing to Sion? Alludes to heat because MB is a summer story? I don't know, tbh.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure there is a reason but its hidden behind layers and layers of Nasu English much like how Fate/Stay Night was.

Didn't he title it that just because it sounds kinda cool or something? I assumed it's the same thing with Melty Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    The first few minutes of this, followed by the three parts of that, and then CTRL+F'ing 'Crimson Moon' and 'Brunestud' here will give you relevant info. For ancient Notes-related info, see this. Additional context is in Tsukihime's True Ancestor infodumps, I guess.
    Wait is this the Tsuikihime prologue? A nasuverse guide I have said to watch it before starting the VN but I thought they meant the first 10 minutes or so of the anime and didn't get the point in watching it
    Either way thanks for the links, this looks exactly what I've been looking for.
    Last edited by Bombames; September 24th, 2021 at 05:53 PM.
    Sorry everyone, my smile now

works I've gone through:
    Fate/Stay Night [VN]
    Kara no Kyoukai (first 5 movies)
    Fate/Hollow Ataxia
    Fate/Zero [Anime]
    F/GO (up to Rome's ending, currently dropped)
    Tsukihime
    Notes.

Hey Emiya, I showed you mine, so you show me yours" - a seaweed

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    If in a different timeline Waver had decided to participate in the 5th HGW like he had originally been considering and taken Gray along with him, then assuming that at some point Saber was defeated, would her soul have been absorbed into the Grail like all the other Servants or possessed Gray's body instead?
    When you have 2 lesser grails the closer one absorbs the soul.
    Therefore likely, it would depend on the pull of Gray's body as a container at that moment vs the pull of the lesser grail at that moment.
    In short, this would be a potential plot point the hypothetical author would use to drive the narrative in the direction they want.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

So it's proximity and not quality/strength of the pull of the vessel that determines who gets the soul? Interesting...
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Is there a reasoning behind the title "Melty Blood"?

It's part of the engrish in the OP.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Therefore likely, it would depend on the pull of Gray's body as a container at that moment vs the pull of the lesser grail at that moment.
    In short, this would be a potential plot point the hypothetical author would use to drive the narrative in the direction they want.
    But isn't Saber's soul only on loan to the grail in the first place, with her not being all the way dead? Her soul still needs to go back to Bevidere to die properly, so wouldn't it being hijacked by either Grey or the Grail fuck up the timeline?

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But isn't Saber's soul only on loan to the grail in the first place, with her not being all the way dead? Her soul still needs to go back to Bevidere to die properly, so wouldn't it being hijacked by either Grey or the Grail fuck up the timeline?
    In theory if Saber ended up accidentally hijacking Gray's body there wouldn't be a paradox since she'd just be stuck chilling in the modern day until she either died of old age, was exercised, or willingly gave up control of the body, then she would get pulled back in time to die properly or maybe get sent out to another HGW until she either won or gives up on retconning her reign. Granted the later two options of getting her out of Gray's body would likely depend on whether Gray's soul gets overridden or just pushed out of the driver's seat so to say while Saber's in control.

Though Artoria getting stuck in Gray's meat suit might have interesting implications for the rest of the 5th HGW. She wouldn't be a Servant anymore and was technically defeated, so she might be out of the running and even if she wasn't I don't think she'd still be able to interact with the Grail like a normal Servant would need to in order to claim the Grail from my vague recollections of Rin's lore dumps in F/SN. Tho Kerei's enough of a shitter to see this situation and give her a ommand Seal along with Gil or Cu because this shit's the best entertainment he's had in years.

JP Friend Code
    Sanda taking notes as we speak

It's likely he has long ago taken notes about this.

- - - Updated - - -

In theory if Saber ended up accidentally hijacking Gray's body there wouldn't be a paradox since she'd just be stuck chilling in the modern day until she either died of old age, was exercised, or willingly gave up control of the body, then she would get pulled back in time to die properly or maybe get sent out to another HGW until she either won or gives up on retconning her reign. Granted the later two options of getting her out of Gray's body would likely depend on whether Gray's soul gets overridden or just pushed out of the driver's seat so to say while Saber's in control.

Though Artoria getting stuck in Gray's meat suit might have interesting implications for the rest of the 5th HGW. She wouldn't be a Servant anymore and was technically defeated, so she might be out of the running and even if she wasn't I don't think she'd still be able to interact with the Grail like a normal Servant would need to in order to claim the Grail from my vague recollections of Rin's lore dumps in F/SN. Tho Kerei's enough of a shitter to see this situation and give her a ommand Seal along with Gil or Cu because this shit's the best entertainment he's had in years.
    Kirei would find Gray's whole situation and her village's hopes absolutely hilarious, especially if he learns how Magdalena tried to protect Gray by acting like a super believer.

- - - Updated - - -

However, if what Gilgamesh said mostly holds true, then she'd actually be able to wish on it for something other than incarnation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors madarra's Avatar

Iirc in F zero the grail gives itself to Kiritsugu on its own so the part about needing you servant to get you the grail cuz the grail is a ghost is probably just bull to stop 8th participants from highjacking the reward without any of the effort.

That is not indicative of how the Greater Grail is supposed to work, and in any case, by the time Kiritsugu and AM even spoke, the Lesser Grail was literally overflowing, meaning the ritual was very nearly complete.

US Friend Code
    Is the Clock Tower Director being a several-thousand years old disciple of Solomon common knowledge?

JP Friend Code
    Goredolf apparently knows. When Chaldea reaches the Wandering Sea and Holmes suggests opening the stone gate to ask the AoG mages for help, Goredolf chickens out saying that it's like there are multiples of the principal behind the door.

The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That doesn't really mean he knows what the principal did, just that he recognizes the same "aura" or whatever.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.