Page 7409 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 640969097309735973997404740774087409741074117414741974597509 ... LastLast
Results 148,161 to 148,180 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    After all the Beasty Versuses... versusii? versusodes recently, here's a question:

Does the conversion into Beasthood grant extra abilities, or is Beasthood conferred on someone with all the necessary requirements already in play?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I have always interpreted that the 'bestiality' is given to those who already had characteristics to classify themselves as such. The descriptions of Authorities and Negas's descriptions always seem(for me) to imply that it's simply a already existing ability of that individual, that simply fits that definition to fill the skill's space.

But ofc, I can be wrong about it. Or, sorry if I misinterpreted the question and just started saying nonsense things

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bestiality is very poor word choice bro, just a heads up.

It’s a position that fills that comes with its own cool bling probably. A lot of the nega stuff seems like baked into human order special protection clauses that fits the shadow of humanity stuff and evils stuff that they’re suppose to be as weird cancers compared to A Mainyu CCC

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Kiara doesn't have all her stuff when she's an Alter Ego, at least. The class container has some effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara mats
    Authority of the Beast D

Due to changing from a Beast into an Alter Ego, the rank has dropped significantly.
    [...]

Independent Manifestation E

Self-sealed due to changing into the Alter Ego class. "Self-restraint" is how one could put it.
    [...]

Logos Eater C

However, due to her current state as an Alter Ego, this skill also had its rank lowered. Currently, even that special trait is only comparable to touching. It's no different from foreplay.
    She still has Nega Saver, though, and I'm pretty sure most of the difference is just that she's holding back. There's even a mention that she'll instantly revert to being a Beast if Ritsuka succumbs to her temptations (e.g. her Valentine's Bad End?) She's real bad news, anyhow.

As for Kama, the other Beast-as-a-Servant:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kama mats
    Independent Manifestation C
    As a Servant, Kama has basically zero motivation so this skill is in a state of being sealed at her depths, but the effects of "instant death and mental debuff resistance" can be displayed even like this.
    That's it. No Nega Desire or anything. I guess it's worth noting that Independent Manifestation is basically a Beast-exclusive class skill as hinted in the Merlin and Ryougi Shiki mats, but yeah. She's not very Beast-like as a Servant.

So yeah, I dunno. I think most of them don't have all those powers until they're granted Beasthood through whatever method? Note that Kama and Kiara were basically called infant Beasts, and while T-V is working hard she's clearly got a ways to go, so there's clearly some kind of process involved in reaching the proper powerlevel.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Like Class Skills?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Then again, the Best was Kama/Mara, not just Kama...

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Bestiality is very poor word choice bro, just a heads up.
    I'am sorry, I didn't realize it sounded in such a amiss way...

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    So yeah, I dunno. I think most of them don't have all those powers until they're granted Beasthood through whatever method? Note that Kama and Kiara were basically called infant Beasts, and while T-V is working hard she's clearly got a ways to go, so there's clearly some kind of process involved in reaching the proper powerlevel.

That makes more sense too

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Independent Manifestation in particular sounds like something that people who can become a Beast have innately, considering what has been said about people like Merlin, for example.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Does the conversion into Beasthood grant extra abilities, or is Beasthood conferred on someone with all the necessary requirements already in play?
    both
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

So why does Kirei just chain up Ilya the way he does in Fate to summon the Holy Grail and Gilgamesh kills her by ripping out her heart and puts it in Shinji in UBW to do it? Why do they do it in those different ways?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because they're different characters with different personalities.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    In addition to the above: taking Heaven's Feel into account, I'd wager it's because Kirei specifically wants Angra Mainyu to be born, while Gilgamesh only wants to release the mud.

To expand on what Spoony said: Illya would form a perfect vessel which could contain any amount of mud—the disaster wouldn't be released until someone made a wish. A lesser magus, on the other hand, wouldn't be able to contain the mud and it would leak out endlessly. Gil thinks mud leaking out endlessly is good, so he took out Illya's core (heart) and stuck it in a lesser magus so they would turn into the Grail instead. (That's also why Shinji mutated into that mountain of flesh—his body was growing in a futile effort to contain the mud.)

Does the older Ryougi family know about the Mage's Association or at least the existence of magus? In Garan no Dou, Shiki seems like she does not know of the existence of magecraft nor magus hence Touko's "I'm a Mahoutsukai/Majutsushi".

Furthermore, if the older Ryougi members knew about the magus, what are the chances that Touko was hired specifically because she is one?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They should know. The duality shit they pull is, for all effects and purposes, a magecraft experiment that successfully reached the Root and that doesn't sound like a thing people would do by accident.

So I've been trying to figure out where nasu explicitely says the future will be better than the past but I can really only find elements and I cant be assed going through gils route on CCC or FSN
    lemme quote royd here

"Well, Nasu himself has made it clear that modern science will eventually surpass everything Magecraft can do and more. So I don't know if I'd say his worldview is reactionary, even if some of his works can be read that way. If anything he can be accused of being overly bound to an enlightenment ideal of progress, which is the exact opposite of a reactionary."

Where was this said? like explicitely laid out in full

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    First in Kara no Kyoukai we have Touko explaining that magecraft depends on Mystery to work. The more accessible and widespread a knowledge is, the less magecraft can do with it. Then Case Files and /strange Fake have a lot of Waver commentary on how the internet is making Mystery more and more difficult to conceal. This age of information is very clearly building up to magecraft becoming unusable.

The future being better than the past is not a matter of technology becoming almighty, it's a matter of knowledge monopolizers growing powerless in the face of the widespread distribution provided by modern means of communication.

How do servant work with mystery since they still seem to work by there old mysteries, how does mystery work with the opposite concept like Feats which require being known becoming NPs?

Hell how does the mooncell copy and record mysteries since BB seems to have older mysteries than gil, shouldnt it be weaker by virtue of being a copy/2nd one?
    Last edited by Byegod; July 24th, 2020 at 05:44 AM.

So which aspect of the Arthurian mythos is Invisible Air supposed to represent?