Page 7531 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 653170317431748175217526752975307531753275337536754175817631 ... LastLast
Results 150,601 to 150,620 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Yea its strange. Euryales leg continues to be messed up by the spell for days afterwards, I think two days had passed by and she quoted that even then walking is the most she can do. Her legs also look kinda corrupted, I'd imagine if it was just a case like saber jelly freeze, she would've just removed it right after.I forgot to mention that before medea did that Hektor had just used his np and launched everyone back, they were all on the ground. Perhaps euryale being discombobulated allowed it to happen? Though I'm not sure why it would still be on for days afterwards. So its either manga writers made a mistake, or there is some more in depth explanation. eitherway thanks for trying to help me out.

Two possibilities.

Magic Resistance does not neutralize all magecraft. It seems like spell immunity because it negates anything practical that can be casted in a combat situation by a MODERN magus. Grand Rituals like Command Spells can still exert some limited influence even if you are A tier Magic Resistance. It looks like in this case the spell's effect was diminished.

Magic Resistance is also affected by affinity. A lower tier spell hitting your weakness can potentially overwhelm Magic Resistance. E.g. Dragon-slaying spell against Sabre.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    I have a vague recollection of a skill that mentioned the idea of how many in the church believe that the anti-christ is a female because they're supposed to oppose the figure of Jesus in every way which includes gender. Does anyone else know about this skill (not that theory, that's easy enough to find), or am I just imagining things?
    Last edited by Arete; July 9th, 2021 at 08:43 PM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I'm heavily inclined to believe it's the latter, but maybe someone else knows something.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure it was a skill and not, say, someone's Servant profile?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are you talking about BB's Golden Grail/Aurea Poculum?

Quote Originally Posted by Fate Extra Matrix
    Golden Grail [EX]

The golden grail that BB possesses. The Holy Grail. The Holy Grail that grants its owner's impudent and selfish desires.
    The grail that the great enchantress who appears in The Revelation of St. John the Divine holds. Though it's a counterfeit Holy Grail, it's because that it's a counterfeit Holy Grail that it's become a "genuine" Holy Grail that grants the desires of humans without paying heed to right or wrong.
    To the Christians of those days, who considered honorable poverty a virtue, this grail, which was formed as a symbol of treasures such as gold, is no doubt the meaning of corrupt wealth, greed, and the vanity that leads one to adorn oneself.
    As the grail held by the great enchantress of Babylon who personifies the Roman Empire, it clearly symbolizes worldly riches, which is the opposite of Christ's words "Do not pile up the wealth of the earth."
    "I saw a single woman astride a red beast. This beast, whose entire body was full of numerous blasphemous names, had seven heads and ten horns."
    This is the description of the beast of destruction that appeared in the Holy City and the woman who was straddling this beast, according to the book of Revelation. A large beast with seven heads like a hydra came from the sea and disembarked toward the Holy City. This beast and woman, while two, are as one, and it is impossible to think of them separately.
    As this woman is said to give birth to all evil, those who are imprudent or greedy cannot resist her allure and become corrupted by that grail.
    This is a digression, but it is said that the red Saber who calls herself the emperor was regarded the same as this beast and antagonized after her death by the Christians.
    Quote Originally Posted by FGO Mats
    Aurea Poculum: Golden Grail: EX→C

Aurea Poculum (Golden Cup). A road that leads to a Beast. The Golden Grail that BB possesses. It is also a Holy Grail. A negative Holy Grail that grants its possessor their impudent and egotistical desires. The cup that has been held by the Whore of Babylon, who appears in the Revelation of Saint John the Divine. It is a fake Holy Grail, but it is surely because it is a fake Holy Grail that it has become a “genuine” Holy Grail that grants the desires of humans without a regard to what is right and wrong. Concerning the Christians who regarded honourable poverty as a virtue in those days, this grail – which was formed as a symbol of riches such as gold – was surely to them the connotation of corrupted wealth and greed as well as the vanity that one decides to adorn themselves in. Although it was clear at that point in time that it is called a cup held by the Whore of Babylon, who is the personification of the Roman Empire, this grail symbolizes the riches of the world, which inverted the words of Christ of “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth.”

“Now, it’s such a trivial story since it doesn’t even have annny sort of relation to me, so… it’s throoown away into the trash can! A mass of Magical Energy that grants my cravings, a golden honey that dyes anything and everything in my colour… please think of those as this Skill.
    … Well, even though overusing this won’t even cast away my boss status, but that being the case, I’ll just restrain myself a little this time, ok? Well then, I wooonder if all the bad children had finished repenting? No? Okaaay, everyone will become PIGS~~♥”

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm heavily inclined to believe it's the latter, but maybe someone else knows something.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure it was a skill and not, say, someone's Servant profile?
    It might be a profile. Pretty sure it was discussed in CCC. From what I recall, it hinted that they would go with a female anti-Christ (likely Nero) and used the justification some Christians have that to oppose Jesus who is masculine, they must go with someone who is feminine, and talked a bit about how the church of that time saw femininity as bad. My memory of the quote feels too exact, and it was the first time I'd heard that theory (though through research I found it was indeed a common belief amongst some sects, usually using it to contrast Eve since she was the one who sinned first).

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Are you talking about BB's Golden Grail/Aurea Poculum?
    I'd forgotten about Aurea Poculum but no, it was something more specific. I do think it was CCC though.

So this isn't really about anything specific, but I stumbled onto this:

And I wondered how accurate it was.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't know. I just watched the first two minutes, saw Shiokawa's face and felt that was all I needed to see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony246 View Post
    So this isn't really about anything specific, but I stumbled onto this:

And I wondered how accurate it was.
    Just read the google docs detailing the errors, and man
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oobpotKzs/edit (dunno if I can share the link, mods feel free to delete this if not)

Garnt could use some time in here, because my boy, is he getting some stuff *wrong*
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Hot take.

Doesn't really matter. Most of all this information doesn't really matter to casual consumers, and non-casual consumers will do their own research or partake of the material.

Blog Entries
    I agree that it doesn't matter too much, but it also brings to question why mention this stuff at all. If this is a hook, then make a simpler hook, without that many misconceptions on deep lore. Makes for less disappointment later on.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

US Friend Code
    It gets him clicks which gets him ad revenue.

Hotter take.

No internet personality has ever wanted to "explain Fate/the Nasuverse" for the benefit of their audience's understanding, few people have ever watched a video "explaining Fate/the Nasuverse" to attain understanding more than to be entertained or validated, and everyone compelled to "correct misinformation" are mad because they think that someone they feel isn't on their level of knowledge is more successful and influential than them in their own mode of engagement with TM. Anyone who cares about the audience's understanding would communicate how the experience of reading, watching, and enjoying TM works is more important than affecting gnostic comprehension of lore and setting, and those who treat lore autism as a universal currency are a number 10 that not only thinks it's a 13 but also that 13 is where the chart ends.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

I want to be a 19 but I am like a 15 that has worse knowledge I know in my heart.

but a 1013 sums it up well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oobpotKzs/edit (dunno if I can share the link, mods feel free to delete this if not)

Garnt could use some time in here, because my boy, is he getting some stuff *wrong*
    07:45 - Gigguk says that “No one has real magic” while referring to true magic, this isincorrect as there are five known cases of someone achieving the use of True Magic.
    Ok, this doc is more laughable than the video could ever hope to be.

What is the status of the Mahoyo translation? I haven't bothered looking it up for years.

Also just wondering if the servant traits (human, earth, heaven, star) have been applied to servants in anything outside of FGO (particularly EXTRA)?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    To the best of my knowledge: lol, lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Also just wondering if the servant traits (human, earth, heaven, star) have been applied to servants in anything outside of FGO (particularly EXTRA)?
    Don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post

Boo the google doc is gone.

generally liked the video, i dont care if he gets the lore wrong or video essay rules force him to use a Shiokawa pic as a stand in for Nasu. The general message of " dont worry about it " and watch whatever you want is good.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    or video essay rules force him to use a Shiokawa pic as a stand in for Nasu
    what rule? He could've just put a typical silhouette or anything, but most likely it wasn't even intentional, he just googled "Kinoko Nasu" and grabbed one of the first pictures that popped up, which happens to be Shiokawa because of their interviews together. It's a mistake, not a force of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Sure, you can use weaker words like suggest or reccomend