Page 7502 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 650270027402745274927497750075017502750375047507751275527602 ... LastLast
Results 150,021 to 150,040 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    conceivably the publication of Fate/Stay Night (2004), a popular visual novel back in the day (in which you can see nasu's first prototype of shirou taking shape), might have had something to do with it
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

In the original novel that kind of thing did not happen, of course, from time to time Fujimura made a joke because Shirou lived with many beautiful women, but only advances and romantic things happened with the heroine of the route, that kind of thing did not begin to happen until Hollow Ataraxia and even then not to the same extent as the current ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Blog Entries
    Well seeing as how there were three girls whose attention shirou attracted without conscious effort in the VN itself, you can argue it happened earlier.

(that’s rin, Sakura, and Ilya, if you are keeping count)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I mean, the Unwanted Harem trope does exist...Also, long time no see Toby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    For most mythologies, gods were gods until Altera showed and destroyed their physical bodies, reducing them to Divine Spirits. Norse is an exception, where they managed to dodge Sefar and only lost their physical bodies on Ragnarok in 1000BC. LB2's divergence point is that their Ragnarok had a survivor, Skadi, who preserved her divine body until 2018.
    Reminds me, if Ragnarok, the time when the Norse gods died, occurred around 1,000 BC, then how are ones like Odin and the like still doing things after that? And how is it that they aren't primarily worshipped till around 2,000 years later? Were the transmissions from Valhalla slow like that one episode of Futuruma? Or did they reincarnate like some versions of Ragnarok imply despite not really matching up with history? And if they did die around 1,000 BC, who worshipped them exactly? The earliest I can find for when Odin was worshipped is around 200 BC but he should've already been dead by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Reminds me, if Ragnarok, the time when the Norse gods died, occurred around 1,000 BC, then how are ones like Odin and the like still doing things after that? And how is it that they aren't primarily worshipped till around 2,000 years later? Were the transmissions from Valhalla slow like that one episode of Futuruma? Or did they reincarnate like some versions of Ragnarok imply despite not really matching up with history? And if they did die around 1,000 BC, who worshipped them exactly? The earliest I can find for when Odin was worshipped is around 200 BC but he should've already been dead by then.
    They could simply have been worshipped at that time before, and the cults were simply passed on without modern historians not knowing about it. At this point in the number of justifications regarding the Age of Gods's discrepancies with the not-so-accurate dates of our history. You should know by now that what we record in history is not always what actually happened during that time. Orlean's section 2, or the very mentions of Tiamat in Babylon about it being "different from what is recorded historically", by instance. It's just a generalized excuse to justify this kind of thing.

And, they could still interfere with things by human faith yet, that's the whole stuff about Divine Spirits still being able to act during AoG's final years before man's civilization was fully established in the primacy. At the beginning of Babylon, by instance, Da Vinci already says that at the time they're in, Gods are already absent figures in interfering directly with the world on their own. But the worships and faith placed upon them, still allowed interference in smaller scales.

Divine Spirits still exist thanks to the belief of the people, and besides, we know so little about the history of Norse religion/Germanic paganism IRL that there is a ton of wiggle room for Type Moon. That does not excuse Scathach-Skadi, though...
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gods probably went to the Reverse side in some way. We know people like Vishnu can still interact with Servants so it's not that questionable.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm curious. Did Fate/Zero mention how the Hassan sacrificed to Gilgamesh was chosen among Hundred Face's? Did purple hair just decide to send Zayd because fuck Zayd

Quote Originally Posted by Bar's Angel View Post
    They could simply have been worshipped at that time before, and the cults were simply passed on without modern historians not knowing about it. At this point in the number of justifications regarding the Age of Gods's discrepancies with the not-so-accurate dates of our history. You should know by now that what we record in history is not always what actually happened during that time. Orlean's section 2, or the very mentions of Tiamat in Babylon about it being "different from what is recorded historically", by instance. It's just a generalized excuse to justify this kind of thing.

And, they could still interfere with things by human faith yet, that's the whole stuff about Divine Spirits still being able to act during AoG's final years before man's civilization was fully established in the primacy. At the beginning of Babylon, by instance, Da Vinci already says that at the time they're in, Gods are already absent figures in interfering directly with the world on their own. But the worships and faith placed upon them, still allowed interference in smaller scales.
    I don't have much trouble with most of the liberties they take with the Norse, mostly just find it confusing in how Ragnarok occurs about 2,000 years before the major sect that worships those gods arises. Did Ragnarok just destroy the texture of the Norse gods then, and that's what it means by them 'dying'? It does make some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Divine Spirits still exist thanks to the belief of the people, and besides, we know so little about the history of Norse religion/Germanic paganism IRL that there is a ton of wiggle room for Type Moon. That does not excuse Scathach-Skadi, though...
    I remember Da Vinci mentioning how the Norse stuff was largely a mystery still to mages, so it really annoys me when we have the likes of Scathach-Skadi who could give some answers on the matter but doesn't seem to even when we summon her.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'm curious. Did Fate/Zero mention how the Hassan sacrificed to Gilgamesh was chosen among Hundred Face's? Did purple hair just decide to send Zayd because fuck Zayd

Oh, oh, I actually know this one. Basically, among the various personas, many possessed unique skills and abilities not shared by the others, Zayd did not, so he was basically considered the most expendable as all his abilities could be duplicated by one of the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Gods probably went to the Reverse side in some way. We know people like Vishnu can still interact with Servants so it's not that questionable.
    Or wherever the Throne of Gods might be. I mean, Pa human Zeus also interacts with Europa, at least according to her, and is watching Chaldea.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have much trouble with most of the liberties they take with the Norse, mostly just find it confusing in how Ragnarok occurs about 2,000 years before the major sect that worships those gods arises. Did Ragnarok just destroy the texture of the Norse gods then, and that's what it means by them 'dying'? It does make some sense.

I remember Da Vinci mentioning how the Norse stuff was largely a mystery still to mages, so it really annoys me when we have the likes of Scathach-Skadi who could give some answers on the matter but doesn't seem to even when we summon her.
    I'm pretty sure Ragnarok is the mechanism by which the Norse texture was destroyed to make way for the new texture, and the gods' physical bodies were destroyed in the process, leading to their remaining as Divine Spirits up to the Viking Era. It's also worth noting that these gods were worshipped in various forms across the region since potentially Neolithic times, so to say they were destroyed before they were majorly worshipped seems a bit off to me.

Also, my annoyance with Scathach-Skadi is that she is clearly based off pseudo-comparative mythology bullshit from the '70s.

I saw it as more nasu/whoever realizing that norse stuf is mostly post AD which is post AOG so they did this slapdash solution

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I saw it as more nasu/whoever realizing that norse stuf is mostly post AD which is post AOG so they did this slapdash solution
    Disagree with this take, since the Greek gods were also killed thousands of years before Olympian religion as we knew it emerged, and the Age of Man began 2,000 years before the White Titan attacked Earth.

The idea that humans couldn't have continued to worship gods after they died/disappeared/whatever after the AoG is dumb and moot, with the main piece of counterargument being: real life.
    There's no reason why Nasuverse humans would just go "nope the gods obviously fucked off we're not gonna worship shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    should've just said "uhhhh it's a geographically isolated peninsula, almost like an island, so AoG faded slower"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Oh, oh, I actually know this one. Basically, among the various personas, many possessed unique skills and abilities not shared by the others, Zayd did not, so he was basically considered the most expendable as all his abilities could be duplicated by one of the others.
    Sounds like his unique skill was being expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    should've just said "uhhhh it's a geographically isolated peninsula, almost like an island, so AoG faded slower"
    Do we know where the last place the AoG remained was? If islands retained it longer than other places, wouldn't somewhere like New Zealand be the final place? From what I remember, the AoG was still active in Japan till around 1,000 AD but New Zealand wasn't even settled till over 200 years later.

And do we know if Antarctica had an AoG? I can't imagine it did since there were no humans but we don't know what it might have been like back then and there was certainly a lot of mystery that surrounded it till the late 1900's, with a lot of old stories from back then having it as some mystical land. Has anything been said on the matter?

Do we know where the last place the AoG remained was? If islands retained it longer than other places, wouldn't somewhere like New Zealand be the final place? From what I remember, the AoG was still active in Japan till around 1,000 AD but New Zealand wasn't even settled till over 200 years later.

And do we know if Antarctica had an AoG? I can't imagine it did since there were no humans but we don't know what it might have been like back then and there was certainly a lot of mystery that surrounded it till the late 1900's, with a lot of old stories from back then having it as some mystical land. Has anything been said on the matter?
    As far as we know Britain and/or Japan should be the last ones to leave the AoG, but we obviously haven't had every part of the world explored so we can't say for sure. But I think you're a bit too hung up on the presence of humans, and faultily so. Whether there are humans there are not doesn't matter for the AoG, that's why it's the age of gods in the first place. You could argue that a human presence is necessary for the AoG to decline later on, but at the same time I see it happening across the entire world as a sort of chain reaction, if nothing else then because of the decline of mystery and true ether, it just happens at different speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

North Sentinel Island's Age of Gods is still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    North Sentinel Island's Age of Gods is still ongoing.
    Maybe not. It could have ended without their input, and they've actually started their own Iron Age with the parts of a fishing boat wreck.