Page 7686 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 668671867586763676767681768476857686768776887691769677367786 ... LastLast
Results 153,701 to 153,720 of 157514

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Gilgamesh's NP rain is literally free.

The cost was for opening the vault.

Everything is free. How Gilgamesh still manages to lose so often truly boggles the mind.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gil loses because it's more fun that way.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Gil loses due to CIS and PIS HARD. Kinda realistic how he "usually" loses due to his own doing (read: ego)

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    EMIYA's FGO animations look cool but they are ultimately just gameplay animations. Very unreliable for anything since like you said descriptions of attacks have changed/evolved over time across several authors and works.

Still doesn't change the fact that Gil's version of NP Rain is pretty good and EMIYA can't really ape that to be a good Servant that way since he has less energy for less bang.
    I never said Gil's NP rain is bad (it certainly isn't considering its practically free), it just isn't a fight ender like some other NPs such as Bellerophon and Excalibur and it still usually takes an hour or so of using it to finish off an enemy that is capable of moving at average servant speed, at least when it was depicted in the VN (hence why Artoria and Cu lasted so long against it). It's best showing was in the UBW route where it managed to kill all 12 of Berserker's lives in a short amount of time, but Berserker was handicapped by having to protect Illya. Later in the UBW route EMIYA also uses NP rain against Saber and even with Rin as a master its shown Saber isn't confident that she'll be able to survive against all the NPs while also protecting Shirou. In both of these situations where servants were pinned in place due to having to protect someone else we see that NP rain became significantly more dangerous, from something Saber could survive half a hour against to something she wasn't confident she could survive for a single barrage against. This is why I believe both EMIYA's and Gilgamesh's NP rains really only shine at killing enemies quickly when the opponent is slow or can't move for whatever reason. Overall, NP rain might have high firepower but it takes a while to hit something as fast as a servant with it without first immobilizing them, which is why its much more viable with the mana efficient GoB than UBW.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This was originally about EMIYA's UBW being a push to win button which I disagreed with, I think we both got lost a bit from there. Whether NP rain is effective vs Servants is more subjective and I right now don't see a reason to say Gil's version is ineffective in general. With how he's set up, it's pretty good for most Servants.

JP Friend Code
    Gil loses because it's more fun that way.
    This is very accurate.

This was originally about EMIYA's UBW being a push to win button which I disagreed with, I think we both got lost a bit from there. Whether NP rain is effective vs Servants is more subjective
    Which I don't even know why it's a discussion in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/side material
    Against a normal opponent this is little more than a mildly annoying ability, but it is the natural enemy of a certain King of Heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I called it that because it falls into the same NP category as Bellerophon and
    Ionioi Hetairoi being attacks/spells/whatever that need to be activated and give their user a huge advantage over their enemy, obviously there is no NP guaranteed to win just by activating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh loses usually for the same reason Sterling Archer messes up a mission. He mostly half asses things.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    I called it that because it falls into the same NP category as Bellerophon and
    Ionioi Hetairoi being attacks/spells/whatever that need to be activated and give their user a huge advantage over their enemy, obviously there is no NP guaranteed to win just by activating it.
    A massive army and a charging Divine Beast are far better advantages than a RM full of weapons that cost tons of energy to have a meaningful impact in fights.

We both know you're making UBW sound way worse than it is, honestly, I wouldn't take too much into what Nasu just says, after all, we have cases like EMIYA, the average B-class Servant who can kill Heracles 6 times and reach the finals at Extella Zero by himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    EMIYA, the average B-class Servant
    I'm starting to miss dartz, Milbunk and christemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    I'm starting to miss dartz, Milbunk and christemo.
    I mean a average b-class servant shouldnt be able it take out so many lives from herc should he? so that means ergo emiya isnt b class :^)

The problem is, when you create a stat chart ranking all the miscellania Emiya's 'Attack variety' stat is gonna be so through the roof cuz of UBW its gonna pull out his average stat rank into above average

JP Friend Code
    The last time this exact conversation happened someone started spamming gaypics between emiya and cu. I await the shitposting with bated breath.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean a average b-class servant shouldnt be able it take out so many lives from herc should he? so that means ergo emiya isnt b class :^)
    It means Emiya knows how to outsmart a perpetually roid-raged Herc. It could be more an indictment of the Berserker Class and the Einzbern's brilliant idea to summon Herakles as one.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This reminds me of Strange Fake when just looking at their saint graphs Alcides judged Richard to be on Hyppolita's level, but then his particular NP made him more dangerous than expected. Maybe the whole "B-Rank" or "average" thing works the same way, it's all based on stats (including the NP stat) but then people like Emiya and Kojirou are actually much stronger than that due to their powers.

tl;dr: classifications are just another meme.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Parameters are a spook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.