Page 7700 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 670072007600765076907695769876997700770177027705771077507800 ... LastLast
Results 153,981 to 154,000 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Geocentrism is just older Mystery. Magecraft doesn't necessarily need its material to reflect reality. IIRC Fargo used geocentrism because heliocentrism is too modern for big Animusphere families to bother adapting. Will have to check out again to be sure though.
    But I am talking about Animusphere's Astromancy Magecraft specifically. The reason it worked so well in LB5, as Holmes explained, was because of LB5's cosmology which is pretty much the Greece's model were super compatible with it. So while this magecraft doesn't need reality to match, if the condition of the world in reality is similar to what said magecraft is based on, it has extreme bonus. That's the point, it means that the AoG world has different layout of the cosmos and it was changed later, so these kind of magecraft lost huge power bonus due to "reality" is now different. And while it is texture based, I can see it (geocentric) being a default thing back then for all textures just with slight differences between the religions.

This is from the same chapter that established the Outer Gods are in a major conflict against each other, so that's what makes the most sense as the cause of their imprisonment.
    I don't see how their infighting caused all of them to be imprisoned. Are you saying they all cast Stupefy onto each other all at once while trying to one-up each other? And even if that is the case, who imprisoned them for being naughty? Was it the same as when the world itself sealed Tiamat? Because even in that case, they have to already be there causing problems first, then they got sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Velber thought Sefar was enough to do the job, which she would have done it in theory, if it wasn't for the creation of Excalibur at the last minute
    That's what I mean. If the planet can give enough backup to Excalibur for it to destroy Sefar, what is preventing other planets from boosting their own TYPEs/weaponry to that same level? Archimedes is clearly wrong about Velber being beyond the Counter Force, since otherwise Sefar would've never been destroyed by a weapon powered by the Counter Force in the first place.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    My guess is that the planet didn't quite figure out how to deal with Sefar yet. Any kind of attacks were simply absorbed and boosted her further. That is, until it observed Ares' sword affected her enough that it counts to her as a threat. Using it as a template, Gaia created a weapon in the same nature but with higher quality, thus Excalibur was born.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; June 29th, 2022 at 06:30 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Excalibur was made out of Mankind's hopes and dreams, and there is something special about humans, which Counter-Force itself is lacking.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    A question about TsukiRE, as I can't seem to find certain parts in the summary/translations.
    TsukiRE
    During the France Incident, I read somwhere that DAAs including Vlov attended the ritual, and the narration described how each affected the city in accordance to their nature, like Vlov freezing the streets all over.

So, who are the other DAAs and what powers they showed during the Incident?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    We don't get specific names, just silhouettes and what happened to the people in general, without relating the effects to any specific ancestor, as I recall

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Potential spoilers for Tsukihime Remake:

Spoiler:
    With all the recent talk about how much Ciel's power level has been buffed in the Remake, do we know if she's still considered the weakest of the Burial Agency?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    She considers Andrey stronger than herself and that’s all we really know. Well, and Kiara is Kiara, you know where she ranks in the power scale.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    We don't know how much the others compare to Kiara, though. But then I suppose it's not so much how powerful you are but rather how efficient you are at killing/sealing DAA. If Ciel is the "weakest" after killing three of them, well, the others are probably disgustingly powerful, yes.

Then again, you got Mr Dawn who is still around, so...?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    RE
    I don't think its necessarily a ranking of power. And specialization presumably matters if Dawn is anything like he was previously hinted at which to be fair may have completely changed like the DAA. Ciel does at one point say she's the best at killing vampires though afaik. But yes she does glorify Andrei too. She was kinda embarrassed when Shiki pressed her about how good she was. Kiara does seem cracked since she ascended then decided to play around here instead. I wonder how different she is.

So since Arcuied on the moon has the power to weaken opponents to a sixth of their normal power, does that mean Arcuied on Jupiter has the power to strengthen opponents to more than twice their usual power?

Blog Entries
    Don't know if its a little complicated or whatever, but is there anything I could look into to understand how Izo speaks easier? I can sorta gut instinct most of it from context, but my dictionary doesn't seem to recognize most of what he says. However, I'd be nice to have a fully concrete idea of what he's saying, so is he just speaking like a specific dialect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Izo is speaking in Tosa dialect.

Blog Entries
    Thanks a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    So since Arcuied on the moon has the power to weaken opponents to a sixth of their normal power, does that mean Arcuied on Jupiter has the power to strengthen opponents to more than twice their usual power?
    Those abilities comes from her being a bunrei of the moon and avatar of the earth something something. She has no relation to Jupiter.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Is there any timeline on where Sefar first landed and where she got Excaliblasted? Was it in the Alps or the Sahara? My memory of Extella is foggy and I can't be bothered to replay it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what was that about the Gigantes and some Megafauna being incarnations Sefar somehow?
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sefar bunrei.

Valkyries are also a product of Odin scavenging Sefar's corpse.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where Sefar landed and where she got Excaliblasted is unknown, the closest we get is that her minions (animals enhanced by her) ravaged Western Europe, the cave paintings of the Fishing God of Sefar are supposed to be her as the White Titan recorded down, that the Huns found Attila in a cave somewhere far from where Sefar got Excaliblasted and that she took on the Greek Gods and destroyed Atlantis which was in the Atlantic Ocean. (It's in Extella Mats under Sefar and in Atlantis/Olympus in FGO).

Gigantes are Sefar's bunrei from when she collapsed after being beaten. They pop up a while after she's defeated.

I am guessing she died somewhere in North America before entering central America.

- - - Updated - - -

After destroying Atlantis. It feels sefar moved from east to west.

- - - Updated - - -

It at least gone upto Atlantic ocean that we know as Atlantis was destroyed..

Blog Entries
    Something I found interesting about Sefar. Apparently the only remotely historical piece of record that Sefar has is the bizarre-looking Saharan Rock Art found in Tassili n'Ajjer in Algeria (yeah I though it's a made-up place too) in a place called the City of Sefar (from the Arabic word safar, literally meaning "void"), which is an actual troglodyte city that is also one of the largest Neolithic museum in the world.

Another thing, while the fact that the Huns found Altera in Algeria might sound way too far fetched, the Hun Foederati actually did fought campaigns in North Africa while they served as mercenary for the Romans under Aetius (the same guy that defeated Atilla later in the Catalaunian Plains). Coincidentally, the Barbarian Vandals also conquered North Africa at this time.

All in all, while the Sefar and Altera lore is still wacky at best, I can kind of appreciate it a little more.
    Last edited by Kamera; July 2nd, 2022 at 02:30 AM.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.