Page 7602 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 660271027502755275927597760076017602760376047607761276527702 ... LastLast
Results 152,021 to 152,040 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I suppose in that case it's because Shinji didn't have his whole body reconfigured to open the gate to the other side and just had the actual Lesser Grail shoved into him, though I could be wrong. I still sometimes struggle with this.
    So could it be that the lesser grail is actually Illya's heart and her body the vessel?

That would change my perspective because that means that Shinji is not the new lesser grail but the new vessel... although I still have a doubt as to why Kirei tells Rin that she will become the holy grail ...
    Last edited by Jesse1089; January 14th, 2022 at 02:07 AM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That's my understanding of it, at least. That, or the body is optimized as the Grail Vessel with the heart as the core, because that was sort of the case with Sakura as the Black Grail, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

That's my understanding of it, at least. That, or the body is optimized as the Grail Vessel with the heart as the core, because that was sort of the case with Sakura as the Black Grail, I think.
    Wow...that's why the lesser grail sprouts from Shinji's body...

So in short Illya's heart is the lesser grail...her body is the vessel...the substitutes for Illya's body can be Rin, Sakura or even Shinji...although the latter inappropriately...

Again, not completely sure about this, because Sakura as the Black Grail was molded over a decade and had pieces of the Grail from the 4th War implanted into her. She is definitely not like Shinji or probably even Rin, who were not prepared in such a way.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Again, not completely sure about this, because Sakura as the Black Grail was molded over a decade and had pieces of the Grail from the 4th War implanted into her. She is definitely not like Shinji or probably even Rin, who were not prepared in such a way.
    What confuses me a lot is that if Illya's heart is the lesser grail and this is called a vessel and at the same time the host of her heart is also called a vessel...
    is like the vessel of the vessel? wtf!
    Last edited by Jesse1089; January 14th, 2022 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1089 View Post
    What confuses me a lot is that if Illya's heart is the lesser grail and this is called a vessel and at the same time the host of her heart is also called a vessel...
    You do know what vessel means right or are you atributing some magical meaning to the word container, receptacle, vessel is just a word for something you put something else inside of. You put servant souls inside Illyas purple crystal tumor heart, and you put illya hearts in any random mage( yes vn says a Shinji is fine too)

Illyas heart is the engine and the random mage's magic circuits is the chassis. If they match, you get a good car, if they dont you get a vibrating cluncky piece of junk.

The Lesser Grail has always been a physical object. It is not until the 4th War that the Lesser Grail was incarnated as a homunculus.

The material books insinuate that the Lesser Grail remains a physical object, but it was melded into the homunculi via alchemy. This would be consistent with what happened, because Lesser Grails were "made" in the story, such as the case of Sakura and Shinji. You just need to implant the "pieces of a Lesser Grail" into another person.

As to why the Lesser Grail needs to be tied to a person/homunculus, it is not very clear. Probably Magic Circuits?

- - - Updated - - -

So could it be that the lesser grail is actually Illya's heart and her body the vessel?

That would change my perspective because that means that Shinji is not the new lesser grail but the new vessel... although I still have a doubt as to why Kirei tells Rin that she will become the holy grail ...
    The name or term is not important.

Whomever has the Grail/Grail shard implanted in him, is the Grail.

Quote Originally Posted by NO U Sword View Post
    The Lesser Grail has always been a physical object. It is not until the 4th War that the Lesser Grail was incarnated as a homunculus.

The material books insinuate that the Lesser Grail remains a physical object, but it was melded into the homunculi via alchemy. This would be consistent with what happened, because Lesser Grails were "made" in the story, such as the case of Sakura and Shinji. You just need to implant the "pieces of a Lesser Grail" into another person.

As to why the Lesser Grail needs to be tied to a person/homunculus, it is not very clear. Probably Magic Circuits?

- - - Updated - - -

The name or term is not important.

Whomever has the Grail/Grail shard implanted in him, is the Grail.
    So in the episode 23 during Rin & Shirou talk she says that the holy grail will break because it doesn't have a proper vessel... does she mean that the Grail (Shinji + Illya's heart) will break because the vessel (Shinji's body) is inadequate?

Basically.

Iri and Illya were designed to contain all the mana generated by the dead Servants and initiate the ritual.

Proper functioning (thus not breaking) looks like this:

Shinji turning into the meat pile is basically "the reactor going critical".
    Last edited by NO U Sword; January 16th, 2022 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Unless there's something else with the same name that I'm missing, evocation is magecraft involving summoning spirits. Fiore from Fate/Apocrypha's mechanical arms were animated by the ghosts of her dead dogs, that's an example of it. The Department of Spiritual Evocation at the Clock Tower has mages that deal with ghosts, spirits, etc. in it. Like the leader of the department keeps ghosts inside the rings he wears. The department also collects catalysts to summon Heroic Spirits. In Apocrypha it's where Kairi went to get the piece of the Round Table that he used to summon Mordred.
    Oh, I see that explains a lot, thanks.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It's about OG Tsuki, not the Remake.

When did SHIKI escape from the basement? And did someone release him?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Oh, I see that explains a lot, thanks.
    Actually, in Apo timelines, I think a Department of Summoning got spun off from or was established within Spiritual Evocation due to the numerous Subspecies Grail Wars and the many deaths that resulted. Kairi got his catalyst from the Lord of Summoning.

Blog Entries
    I think it was Kohaku. And I think it was the day Shiki met him.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I think it was Kohaku. And I think it was the day Shiki met him.
    I see. Thanks.

Actually, in Apo timelines, I think a Department of Summoning got spun off from or was established within Spiritual Evocation due to the numerous Subspecies Grail Wars and the many deaths that resulted. Kairi got his catalyst from the Lord of Summoning.
    The reason I asked was because of Fate/Zero though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Question Did Taiga know or ever curious about Kiritsugu’s wife Iri after he adopted Shirou?

Did Taiga know or ever curious about Kiritsugu’s wife Iri after he adopted Shirou?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I don't think so since it exists in other timelines (FSF). IMO, it's probably like how Aoko said the faculty of Astronomy had divisions like Astrology, Planetology, and Divinity. Summoning is just one such division in Eulyphis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

how does precense concealment work, outside of like EX

Is it like a 'perception filter' to use a term, or is it just 'hide good' or what

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    how does precense concealment work, outside of like EX

Is it like a 'perception filter' to use a term, or is it just 'hide good' or what
    It sets the CD for the perception roll.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

I dont play dnd sooo..