Page 7610 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 661071107510756076007605760876097610761176127615762076607710 ... LastLast
Results 152,181 to 152,200 of 157497

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    They obviously could rayshift Mystic Codes to Singularities because Ritsuka could not survive in Babylonia without one. However, there is no way a regular mage was gonna cut it in the conditions of a Singularity alone and Servants were already a system used by the Counter Force to deal with threats to the Human Order. It only made sense to have Masters who could summon and contract with them and a system that allowed them to summon Servants of their choosing instead of relying on Alaya and chain summoning was needed.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Must've been misremembering some dialogue then, thanks for the clarification.

How is it possible that Mash is alive at the end of Solomon's last singularity?

JP Friend Code
    Fou happened.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Snake Meat View Post
    I am delightfully honored.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Fou happened.
    What exactly did Fou do?

I thought it had something to do with some final move from Salomon...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fou gave Mashu all of his Plot Armo- I mean Fate Power.

Really, there's no better explanation than what's given in the game. You can read it here.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Though as a side-note, since the official translation sort of doesn't quite address it:

As I alluded to in my post, what he's doing is transferring something called 運命力 ("Fate Power" and you'll have to excuse the Japanese, because this term doesn't have a commonly accepted translation). This is explained earlier on in Babylonia as a resource that signifies how long one is fated to live. A way of counting one's fortuity towards living, if you will. Fou gave up all his own so that Mashu could live. Thus Fou ceased to be the impending Beast IV, and was rendered a harmless critter.

Blog Entries
    A lot of japanese words's writing can be obtuse with the abundance of phonotactic(that's probably not the roght word) kanji, but when they have something that makes conceptual sense, it's a rather bit interesting. Which leads me to say that that's an interesting reading for fate.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Petri, what's the ideal translation of 女子力?
    Spoiler:

My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

Wow...tnx for the explanation!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Petri, what's the ideal translation of 女子力?
    gatekeep gaslight girlboss

Though as a side-note, since the official translation sort of doesn't quite address it:

As I alluded to in my post, what he's doing is transferring something called 運命力 ("Fate Power" and you'll have to excuse the Japanese, because this term doesn't have a commonly accepted translation). This is explained earlier on in Babylonia as a resource that signifies how long one is fated to live. A way of counting one's fortuity towards living, if you will. Fou gave up all his own so that Mashu could live. Thus Fou ceased to be the impending Beast IV, and was rendered a harmless critter.
    I think I translated this as "Karmic Power" in LB6, but more because I forgot it was explained in Babylonia already and also because it always makes me think of Madoka and how they had the whole "the timeloops made all these karmic threads connect to madoka and that gave her the big power".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The full version of the Food lore as I was told is:
    Food asked to be banned so he could stop obsessively checking the site and focus on med school. The old staff (which apparently shares no members with the current one aside from Seika?) said he self-control was his own responsibility, so he made his own ban inevitable by indiscriminately flaming anyone in his way.

FWIW, what’s actually on his record is:
    A couple of corrections here.

1) No, I wasn't on the staff at the time, I had to look up the "official" side of this from the remnants in the mod forum too. The remaining staff from that time are DarkPulse (lol), Toby, and IRUn.

2) These were the incidents in the space of a month that really put him on the radar and then got him banned. They're not the totality of his record - although I don't know what that totality might have been, and it literally could just have been these? IDK.

E: Further discussion to the BL History thread, please.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I think I translated this as "Karmic Power" in LB6, but more because I forgot it was explained in Babylonia already and also because it always makes me think of Madoka and how they had the whole "the timeloops made all these karmic threads connect to madoka and that gave her the big power".
    NA used "the strenght of your fate" (Babylonia), "future" (Solomon), and "fate" (Ishtar Cup).

Blog Entries
    Maybe something derived from fatalism as a translation? Though I don't know if the power in question is the power of fate acting upon one, or the power of one's fate.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Love pretending that terms don't exist.

I mean they're all well translated enough in their own seperate contexts but it sorts of grates at the nerves that they'd just ignore it being a consistent term. They even had the gift of 2 years of foresight as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Maybe something derived from fatalism as a translation? Though I don't know if the power in question is the power of fate acting upon one, or the power of one's fate.
    Latter.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 21st, 2022 at 02:08 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Love pretending that terms don't exist.
    Thankfully this fandom is full of people with knowledge of the poles.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm. This is an offhand question I guess, but were there any interpretations of greek fatalism as being a power from within the individual as opposed to fate as a force of nature? My (very limited) knowledge on the subject only assures me of the presence of the latter.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

So does this mean people have set lifespans...