Page 7434 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 643469347334738474247429743274337434743574367439744474847534 ... LastLast
Results 148,661 to 148,680 of 157505

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Only if you weren’t raised with Buddhism as your primary religion. In countries were it’s the prevalent religion, anyone can understand perfectly well how pratyaya works. The idea that your karma guides you reencounter people you interacted with in a previous incarnation occurs naturally to them.
    That is an interesting bit of info

When are CGs summoned again? My previous knowledge was they're only summoned after a mess already happened basically to prevent it from getting worse. By TM dictionary its said to be in response to an event. Got confused because there has been two instance where two were preemptively summoned to prevent a situation even if the situation isnt that bad yet

Are the Extella and Extella Links English translations "good"?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fan TLs or Localizations?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    If I remember right, they're nothing special, but they get the terms across well, and don't sound crap.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tamamortified though
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    That makes it a great translation

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Is it ever explained why Kane has nonreflective eyes?
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Is it ever explained why Kane has nonreflective eyes?
    I've always thought it's a common way of presenting a "serious" character. Cuz Himuro is "Madame" and stuff. At least that's how it is in other anime series. Peaks my curiocity though, I'll try to look into it in interviews and "materials".

Do we know when was gil born?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Do we know when was gil born?
    Fate facts:
    Babylonia takes place in 2655 BC, and presumably it lines up with the end of the first dynasty of Uruk outside of the Singularity too.

Historical/mythological facts:
    According to the Sumerian King List, Gilgamesh ruled for 127 years. Whether this includes the time he spent away from Uruk during his search for immortality is unknown, but let's assume it doesn't.

Supposition:
    2655 BC + 127 + 10 (he ruled since he was a child, but not since he was an infant) would place his birth (in Fate) around the 2790s BC.

Some other pointless facts: In the Epic of Gilgamesh, he's pretty much a teenager when all the stuff with Enkidu, Ishtar etc happens. Talking like 17-19 years old.
    In CCC Gil says his search for immortality was as long as "a length of time equal to his whole life prior". In a later text box, Hakuno says he wandered for "however many decades". In the Babylonia anime, Gil says his search for immortality was "a long journey greater than his lifespan later".
    These facts don't really mesh, so I'm not sure whether Babylonia is a retcon, bad subtitles, or a mistake.
    Spoiler:
    Babylonia taking place in 2655 BC is stupid since Nasu doesn't seem to acknowledge any non-EoG versions of Gilgamesh but does recognize a variety of alternate versions of other characters. This wouldn't really be a problem if Babylonia didn't exist, you could just say that servant Gilgamesh is mostly modeled after the most famous version of his story. Instead the Akkadian fanfic is now confirmed as the only real source.

Also according to the Epic of Gilgamesh, he's over 5 meters tall, and his dick over 140cm long. Scaled down to Fate length, he'd have a 20 inch dick. Make of that what you will, doujin authors.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Eh, doujins have been putting bigger tentacles in Saber for years.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Yeah im honestly weirded out by this. Where the fuck did the gods even go like gods already being gone in 2655 doesn't make any sense since they must be alive to have a beef with gil and the Sefar & Lugalbanda stuff is not explained either like when did Sefar talk with him or when babe finally fell like we definitely need a date chart,

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Yeah im honestly weirded out by this. Where the fuck did the gods even go like gods already being gone in 2655 doesn't make any sense since they must be alive to have a beef with gil and the Sefar & Lugalbanda stuff is not explained either like when did Sefar talk with him or when babe finally fell like we definitely need a date chart,
    I read it a long time ago but I remember that in the royal list of Ur it was said that every single king before Gilgamesh lived something like thousands of years.

The Sefar timeline doesn't make a lot of sense with Lugalbanda, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    I read it a long time ago but I remember that in the royal list of Ur it was said that every single king before Gilgamesh lived something like thousands of years.
    Lugalbanda ruled for 1200 years, but that still places him about 10000 years after Sefar.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Mythical time scales were always going to get pretty fucked once they tried to shove them all in one setting. Like as much as Babylonia has problems, the Indian Epic Servants have it way worse.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut-007 View Post
    Mythical time scales were always going to get pretty fucked once they tried to shove them all in one setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by extra mats
    Kennou. Authorities are special abilities that fall into a different category than Codecasts, Skills, and Noble Phantasms.
    An Authority is a power that is on the level of creating a world, and includes things like altering events, time-flow manipulation, and kingdom building.
    shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Is there a detailed simpler explanation of how timelocks, adjacent worlds, parallel worlds and pruning works? I thought the wiki at the very least will provide a some foundation but it feels like i opened a can of worms

Parralel worlds: every choice in existence spawns a split/ new one, what it usually is in fiction

Adjacient world: world that are similar to one another are close to one another in the multiverse tapestry. FSN and FSN but Rin dyes her hair blond are neighbours. But FSN and Tsuki split apart in 300 AD and all the choices in between has created a wide berth in the tapestry.

Pruning: thread(energy) isnt infinite, so dead end timelines like extinction or utopias get cut out of the tapestry and recycled into thread for ongoing timelines. If you go extict within 100 years or stay a utopia for 100 years you get recycled. This makes the wide berths into giant empty spaces so people usually prefer a tree and branches metaphor. Jumping to a adjacent world is easier cuz it's the equivalent of jumping from 1 branch of a tree to another while some parralel worlds are like jumping from 1 tree to another, or even 3 trees over.

Quantum timelocks: FSN timeline and Blond Rin timelines are super similar so at decisive events the timelines past just get collapsed together to save the thread wasted on noting inane or unimportant details like Rin brushed her teeth left to right while Blond Rin did it right to left. All that matters is continued extension of the tapestry, if your choices didn't affect it, they get deleted and only the best chance to go on timelines choices get saved.

So because timelines get deleted willy nilly fanon like everything is possible cuz multiverse is wrong.