Page 6350 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 53505850625063006340634563486349635063516352635563606400645068507350 ... LastLast
Results 126,981 to 127,000 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    Well I feel like this argument would require some things, since Is 9 lives the bow itself or the technique?
    I mean unless the argument is that 9 lives the bow itself was a NP, since it seems to be more 'subsumed' like kazikeli or la pucelle.
    Seems more like a combination, like maybe gil has the bow but not the style itself even though I dont really see the NP as something that exists as a object since it was devised by herc to kill the hydra.
    The way I read it, it sounded like the physical bow and arrow set itself is a noble phantasm called Nine Lives, and the technique is a technique on the level of a noble phantasm, also called Nine Lives. But take that with the caveat that I'm not actually looking at the actual page right now so I could be misremembering something, I'll leave it to someone else to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    The way I read it, it sounded like the physical bow and arrow set itself is a noble phantasm called Nine Lives, and the technique is a technique on the level of a noble phantasm, also called Nine Lives. But take that with the caveat that I'm not actually looking at the actual page right now so I could be misremembering something, I'll leave it to someone else to double check.
    I read the things a few minutes ago and the comparison used was 9 lives is like the 2 gae bolg techniques which are NPs. So Iunno. I also copy pasted the gilgamesh matrix from CCC which helps with the confusion.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

マリーの味方
    What is 'hero's life' in this context? I presume he just does not have things that are born from life, like kazikeli bei or legend of dracula.
    It seems to me that LoD would be similar to God Hand, but he probably has the original version of a 'stake producing' NP? Not sure though

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    I mean it's not really a point worth talking about. Sure there's some stuff Gil "doesn't" have, but CCC basically gives us the license to say that "if you can think of it, Gil either has it or has something that does the same thing". The only thing's that he might not know he has it.

Sword that amplifies? Check. Thing that makes stakes? Check. Thing that makes you go vamp? Check. Rank-based conceptual armor? Check. Revival shit? Check.

Like there's no real reason for him to not have this kind of shit, even if he doesn't have the specific legend itself. This hasn't ever really been a point worth talking about but people do it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    I mean it's not really a point worth talking about. Sure there's some stuff Gil "doesn't" have, but CCC basically gives us the license to say that "if you can think of it, Gil either has it or has something that does the same thing". The only thing's that he might not know he has it.

Sword that amplifies? Check. Thing that makes stakes? Check. Thing that makes you go vamp? Check. Rank-based conceptual armor? Check. Revival shit? Check.

Like there's no real reason for him to not have this kind of shit, even if he doesn't have the specific legend itself. This hasn't ever really been a point worth talking about but people do it a lot.

Ehh I mean it depends on how you want to define function and form and how gil remarks on his weapons are closer to the 'origin'
    I mean if you start simplifying things to a certain point he would had have something similar enough, I think there is CAUSE HE SAID HE DOES NOT HAVE A 'ASSET' WHEN TALKING BOUT GOD HAND.
    I mean It gets to a point were it becomes pedantry.
    I dislike putting things in gils vault which is why I dislike the tech bit in CCC, I mean look at my sig snarking bout gils vault, As I've said before the explanation doesnt even work now with like karna being 5000 BC.
    Hell when they said that Babylonians have good technology at one point yet it seems in the singularity they are just like any old fantasy kingdom with magic.
    Last edited by Ereus; August 16th, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle onepieceuc1's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ASK MP
    Did Nasu ever said why he wanted to give to the Extra serie a sci-fi setting?

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    If we're at a point where it becomes pedantry then isn't the easiest option just to stop being pedantic and accept that no matter how much you might dislike it Gil has (for practical intents of similar effects) everything that humans have achieved, including things that are perhaps not exactly the same as but similar enough to the NPs of otherheroes that it's irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    If we're at a point where it becomes pedantry then isn't the easiest option just to stop being pedantic and accept that no matter how much you might dislike it Gil has (for practical intents of similar effects) everything that humans have achieved, including things that are perhaps not exactly the same as but similar enough to the NPs of otherheroes that it's irrelevant?
    Maybe but even that option infuriates me, as There are plenty of NP he should not have. Mostly conceptual ones based on feats.
    Gils vault is just a stupid concept.
    Also wasn't there a quote on babylon saying it had tech equivalent to modern day?
    I didn't see much of that in babylon singularity (Also wouldn't that bring up the modern weapon argument?)
    Last edited by Ereus; August 16th, 2017 at 11:39 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So... where does Scathach being immortal come from? Is it just a Nasuverse thing added for flavor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    So... where does Scathach being immortal come from? Is it just a Nasuverse thing added for flavor?
    As far as I can tell by checking wikipedia.

I think there is CAUSE HE SAID HE DOES NOT HAVE A 'ASSET' WHEN TALKING BOUT GOD HAND.
    Why are you so fixated on him saying "asset"? It doesn't change anything (not to mention the fact that it's the subs saying asset, for all we know the JP could've used a different word).

As I've said before the explanation doesnt even work now with like karna being 5000 BC.
    But it does... because it's a magical anti-paradox system. If a legend is set before gil's legend but has to inherit stuff from him, that's a paradox, and it fixes it with magic stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

In some cases she's said to have bee associated with the goddess of death, effectively being connected with Tír na nÓg, which was the 'otherworld', promising eternal youth and good health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Maybe but even that option infuriates me, as There are plenty of NP he should not have. Mostly conceptual ones based on feats.
    Gils vault is just a stupid concept.
    Also wasn't there a quote on babylon saying it had tech equivalent to modern day?
    I didn't see much of that in babylon singularity (Also wouldn't that bring up the modern weapon argument?)
    Look, if it's just you deciding you don't like something and insisting that makes it stupid then save us all the hassle by just not bringing it up since evidently you won't accept it. I, on the other hand, think that a realisation of the Platonic Theory of Ideal Forms is a fascinating concept.

Also, equivalent to is not the same as identical to. If babylonian magitech accomplishes all the same things as modern tech then it is equivalent to it even if it is voodoo mumbo jumbo. It doesn't mean anything because back in the days the world was literally more dangerous because the rules were different. The equivalent to modern weapons would do fuck all to most things. That's why heroes were necessary.

I mean you're actively confusing Gil's IRL storage closet filled with everything he could collect with the NP Gate of Babylon, which through crystallization of mystery is enhanced such that it always has everything even if it's a paradox. They functioned the same way but NP has more in it if it more exists.

As far as I can tell by checking wikipedia.
    You could instead perhaps read the actual legends? It's never outright stated but does seem to be implied in certain bits, and even if you don't take the reading with that interpretation there's the whole "became the Celtic goddess of death later on" thing, which translates just fine in the Nqsuverse to her having ascended beyond human comprehension and thus being immortal.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    'K.

How 'bout the god killing part, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Look, if it's just you deciding you don't like something and insisting that makes it stupid then save us all the hassle by just not bringing it up since evidently you won't accept it. I, on the other hand, think that a realisation of the Platonic Theory of Ideal Forms is a fascinating concept.

Also, equivalent to is not the same as identical to. If babylonian magitech accomplishes all the same things as modern tech then it is equivalent to it even if it is voodoo mumbo jumbo. It doesn't mean anything because back in the days the world was literally more dangerous because the rules were different. The equivalent to modern weapons would do fuck all to most things. That's why heroes were necessary.

I mean you're actively confusing Gil's IRL storage closet filled with everything he could collect with the NP Gate of Babylon, which through crystallization of mystery is enhanced such that it always has everything even if it's a paradox. They functioned the same way but NP has more in it if it more exists.

You could instead perhaps read the actual legends? It's never outright stated but does seem to be implied in certain bits, and even if you don't take the reading with that interpretation there's the whole "became the Celtic goddess of death later on" thing, which translates just fine in the Nqsuverse to her having ascended beyond human comprehension and thus being immortal.
    Ah cause I know were to read the myth? And again, I think you're giving nasu too much credit with the platonic ideal of forms. I think it would've been referenced by name. This the franchise that said Phantom of the opera is 19th century when it is 20th century.
    Last edited by Ereus; August 16th, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's also possible Scáthach was originally a goddess instead of "just" a super-duper warrior and teacher, but don't quote me on that - the Celts aren't my expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It's also possible Scáthach was originally a goddess instead of "just" a super-duper warrior and teacher, but don't quote me on that - the Celts aren't my expertise.
    Wasn't the theory that nasu got inspired bout the scath stuff by SMT? since it links her with Skadi.

Blog Entries
    'K.

How 'bout the god killing part, then?
    Gods can die in Celtic myth and she's a goddess of death. I imagine you can figure it out from there.

Gods can die in Celtic myth and she's a goddess of death. I imagine you can figure it out from there.
    Gimme a quote that she is a goddess of death?

Blog Entries
    Google it yourself, you lazy ass. I don't need to spoonfeed you everything.

Google it yourself, you lazy ass. I don't need to spoonfeed you everything.
    Except I did, I could not find any exact quote and the wikipedia page on celtic gods is rather lacking in that a lot of them are red links.