Page 7601 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 660171017501755175917596759976007601760276037606761176517701 ... LastLast
Results 152,001 to 152,020 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1089 View Post
    So...that's why Shinji becomes the new lesser grail...right?

But then does that mean that Illya's heart is what transforms into the piece of meat that we see?

Because he's not the right receptacle ...

So in that context her core became the lesser grail we saw (humanoid form)

Maybe I'm getting confused about something but I don't really understand how Shinji's body went from being the container to becoming the core...
    You might be focusing too much on the difference between what 1 translation group decided to call vessel and what another translation group decided to call core

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    You might be focusing too much on the difference between what 1 translation group decided to call vessel and what another translation group decided to call core
    Yeah, I guess...and like many other terms in the nasuverse it depends on the context too...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Is it true in Requiem that Voyager encountered something out in space before he 'died'?

What is the difference between Wraiths and Phantoms again?

Why is hephastion not classified as a wraith when she supposedly has no name?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quick question, but could the Lion King have been a Beast candidate, or did she not have the requisite love for humanity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, how did the mechanics of the Case Files OVA work? I get that Projection is a thin layer of magic over air so it can act independently, But how does that turn Waver from 30 to 17? Where did all that extra mass go? I could understand if it was a hypnosis thing, because Touko doll bodies are all about how the soul effects the body, but they constantly say that it's all about projection. Did I miss something, or is tiny Waver stuffed full of big Waver like an out of order Turducken?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Li'l Waver's bigger on the inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh.

That seems way more useful than any of this high school reunion depression stuff.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Quick question, but could the Lion King have been a Beast candidate, or did she not have the requisite love for humanity?
    Dunno if she could have become a Beast but they're pretty clear about her love for humanity, even if it's warped due to her divine perspective. Everything she did was in order to "save" humanity.
    Maybe she lacks the "evil humans have to overcome" part, since she isn't exactly an enemy of the human order.

What is the sixth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    What is the sixth?
    There's like six sixths, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CF Mats
    The Dionysus that Faker references normally corresponds to the god of wine Bacchus, but the magecraft she uses actually points to the maddened Zeus himself. In short, an omnipotent god gone mad.
    Is there an actual basis for this? Were Dionysus and Zeus the same person in the earlier myths and split off in later traditions, or something like that?

Don't believe this was ever the case. Then again, am not an expert in ancient Greek religious practices.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Dionysus already basically translates to Zeus Jr.

If you go the Zagreus-Dionysus route then Dionysis was groomed to eventually take over Zeus' job, something kept up in the post-Zagreus tradition.

I'm only a little salty they tied her to Dionysus.

Reading the rest of her mats she's clearly a Maenad, who were devoted to Bacchus-Dionysus above all else.
    Last edited by Bugs; January 13th, 2022 at 11:43 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    That's probably because she learned magecraft from Iskandar's mother, Olympias, who was also a devout member of cult of Dionysus.

Wait, before this, I thought her patron was Hecate, which would have made some sense if the madness were excluded, but...

Nonnus, Dionysiaca 44. 198 ff (trans. Rouse) (Greek epic C5th A.D.) :
    "Dionysos waited for darksome night, and appealed in these words to circle Mene (Moon) in heaven : ‘O daughter of Helios (the Sun), Mene (Moon) of many turnings, nurse of all! O Selene (Moon), driver of the silver car! If thou art Hekate of many names, if in the night thou doest shake thy mystic torch in brandcarrying hand, come nightwanderer, nurse of puppies because the nightly sound of the hurrying dogs is thy delight with their mournful whimpering.’"
    ?

Frankly the nod to Zeus just sounds like a reference to Iskandar, her king and model, than anything else.
    Last edited by Bugs; January 13th, 2022 at 11:52 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Wait, before this, I thought her patron was Hecate, which would have made some sense if the madness were excluded, but...
    She worships Dionysus but her magecraft system is derived from Hecate. Presumably because Dragon Tooth Warriors are a Hecate thing and Sanda wanted Faker to have those dragon skeletons pulling her chariot.

I hope that someone can enlighten me about a confusion that I have...

If Shinji is the new lesser grail (aka the holy grail) which is the vessel, why in episode 23 they speak as if the holy grail and the vessel are two different things?
    Rin specifically says: "the holy grail has taken a human body as a nucleus to activate itself. If we don't do something, it will break as he has an unsuitable vessel.

It would seem that she speaks as if the holy grail were the entire system...that confuses me because in past chapters Kirei refers to Rin as the holy grail...and here it is obvious that she refers to the new lessrr grail or vessel...

the scene that confuses me is this:

I thought Shinji's body was the new holy grail or lesser grail or vessel whatever you want to call it ...
    Last edited by Jesse1089; January 14th, 2022 at 01:59 AM.

I suppose in that case it's because Shinji didn't have his whole body reconfigured to open the gate to the other side and just had the actual Lesser Grail shoved into him, though I could be wrong. I still sometimes struggle with this.