Page 7455 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 645569557355740574457450745374547455745674577460746575057555 ... LastLast
Results 149,081 to 149,100 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

cu:
    archer = throw spear
    assassin = stab from a bush

medusa:
    archer = shoot petrification from eyes

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol forget spears, Archer Cú would totally be rocking that camán and sliotar to fight.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I know this is about Archer Medusa, but what exactly does Lancer Medusa wield again? Is it the same giant nail/spike that Rider wields?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I know this is about Archer Medusa, but what exactly does Lancer Medusa wield again? Is it the same giant nail/spike that Rider wields?

She wields Harpe

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Thanks, just needed to confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Assassin Cu? They could do a few things. If I had to guess what they would do if they actually did it, they’d give him his throwing darts and either his Helm (or Mask or Veil) of Invisibility or his Cloak (or Mantle or Cape) of Invisibility, both of which, incidentally, were made and given to him by Manannan, who was one of his foster-fathers as well as one of his teachers of druidism and magic. The helm and the cloak each grant invisibility, but the cloak has the additional benefit of granting protection from all weapons to its user.

For Archer, I imagine his sling would be the most likely tool, but I also wouldn’t put it past TM to use that report from the Scottish Natural Heritage about how the Cuillin hills (Cuchullin elsewhere) were the place where Cu learned archery from Scathach as grounds for giving him a bow and arrow. All that said, this…
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Lol forget spears, Archer Cú would totally be rocking that camán and sliotar to fight.
    … would be a funny take that I wouldn’t mind seeing.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Medusa was an Archer in Clash of the Titans right?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    They only reason Rin or Shirou doesn't. It is because if this HGW ritual is finnished, it will give birth Angra Mainyu,too. Is it right???
    They can only try to destroy the grail, which will probably kill them (and kills Shirou when he does it in the Normal ending). Destroying the grail collapses the gate, because the juice that was powering it and keeping it open is gone. They cannot 'close' it in a proper way, because they do not actually control it. To operate the grail in the first place, you need the vessel - the person that all the magic energy collected from the servants actually goes to.

The vessel in Heaven's Feel is Sakura, but normally it is meant to be Illya. Since the entire point of Illya's existence is to operate the Grail system, she can use the Dress of Heaven to take control of it when Sakura isn't conscious anymore, and just close the path to the root.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, this concludes the entire ritual the way it's meant to end, wish having been already made by Avenger, and since Illya exists for the sake of operating the ritual like the servants and the leylines, she's discarded alongside the rest of the parts.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Medusa was an Archer in Clash of the Titans right?
    She was, which incidentally explains some questions I had about Castlevania III. (Apparently that film's also where her having a snake tail rather than legs comes from, which I didn't know.)

since there is no stipulation that says you cant be the master of multiple servants

could Mash still be a demi servant for Gallahad and have contracts with additional servants the normal way?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    since there is no stipulation that says you cant be the master of multiple servants

could Mash still be a demi servant for Gallahad and have contracts with additional servants the normal way?
    Don't see why not? It wouldn't really be any different than the Medea/Kojiro situation, and we've had Masters with multiple contracts at once anyway. The only problem I could see is that the Medea/Kojiro kerfuffle was implied to require high-level magecraft knowledge from her to pull off, but whether that "high-level" knowledge is actually just knowledge of a standard servant summoning ritual or something much more advanced isn't really clear. In any case you might be able to do something with someone like Medea or Circe handling all the prerequisites and then having Mash perform the actual summon and contracting.
    Whether she would make a good Master or could supply her servants with enough mana is another question.

edit: also to note, Medea needed that magecraft knowledge and despite that Kojiro ended up being super-gimped (locked to the mountain, not even a proper Heroic Spirit).

remind me again, what does Guda add to the crew that necessitates his duties not being taken up by another one of the already existing members?

Blog Entries
    they cease to exist if unobserved
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Mash needs MC-kun's magical energy, I doubt she has enough to spare for her own Servant. Maybe if she gets some of that Chaldea juice, but eh.

She also hasn't really been portrayed as being any good at magecraft? Like, Fujimaru's shit at it and needs Chaldea's Mystic Codes to do anything useful, but they've commented on that. They've said nothing whatsoever about Mash' magical capabilities AFAICT, which makes me think that she probably just doesn't have any.

Although speaking of which, if you want a Master of multiple servants then Fujimaru Ritsuka, the protagonist of F/GO, is right there. They get backup from Chaldea for the magical energy, but they've got more contracts than I can bother counting. Even beyond the gacha, there's multiple point in-story where they're simultaneously contracted to half a dozen active Servants.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    remind me again, what does Guda add to the crew that necessitates his duties not being taken up by another one of the already existing members?
    No one else in the story has as high aptitude for being a master and now with Imaginary Scramble they literally outright mentioned how they're someone who's able to sway even the baddest of guys to their side, so you know, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    No one else in the story has as high aptitude for being a master and now with Imaginary Scramble they literally outright mentioned how they're someone who's able to sway even the baddest of guys to their side, so you know, that.
    Do they even have anyone that's a good master candidate besides Guda?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Meunière.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I guess Hakuno's ability to make Beasts fall for him is becoming less special.

i was looking at some things on the wiki and i chanced upon this line about Araya when comparing him to Touko and Alba in the bottom refferences:

"Araya's overwhelming power is probably a result of the anguish that he ceaselessly accumulated through the ages."

considering what we know nowadays in terms of lore, what do you think this means?

and wasnt there a line somewhere about Touko being worried about Araya leaving some sort of curse as an imprint on the world if he accessed the Root or something like that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Meunière.
    Not after his showing in the Grail Fronts he's not.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.