Page 7392 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 639268927292734273827387739073917392739373947397740274427492 ... LastLast
Results 147,821 to 147,840 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

I am not sure how much weight we should place on it, but it is speculated that the disciples Solomon founded the Clock Tower.
    The Noble Houses have a touch of Solomon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Edit: Trisha's Imaginary Numbers space pocket had Hebrew writing around it in the anime, and she's from an Animusphere branch family, so Israel?
    https://imgur.com/Unf5WKM
    Kabbalah is also one of the main schools/Foundations of magecraft, so I wouldn't put much stock on it, seeing as it is used a lot in Western occultism without the people using it necessarily being Jewish. Aoko uses Numerology for example, and she's Japanese.
    Last edited by All fictions; June 25th, 2020 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Do we know where the Animuspheres are from? Like, ancestrally?
    I don't remember it ever been mentioned (I could be wrong and just forgetting it thought)
    But personally, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up being descendants of the chaldean astrologers of Babylonia so Nasu can tie it back their organization's name to their magecraft to their origin, etc.

Nah, you got to be pasty white with candy coloured hair to be Lord level. Persians? In my Clock Tower?!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Chaldeans were semitic

Maybe they're Greek, considering the absurd compatibility between Kirschtaria's magecraft and the LB cosmology??

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    obviously they're from spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

olga's outer god blood makes her incompatible with earth's history so she can't be a master, yet uniquely suited to contain the malevolence that humans
    created
    discovered
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

More weird Japanese usage!

魔法陣 is literally a "magic circle", right, but seems to me like in Fate it more or less specifically refers to summoning circles (backed up by the fact that it's literally its own section on the JP wiki under "heroic spirit summoning"). But then, what is 召喚陣? The only JP reference I can find of this is some tip from Capsule servant:
    心得その4、召喚陣を移動せよ!
    プレイヤーができるのは、基本的にさーばんとを召喚することだけだが、召喚陣を移動させて、どこに召喚する かを指定することができる。思い切って敵拠点の目の前に召喚したって構わない。ただし、召喚陣の位置が自拠 点から遠ざかるにつれて、さーばんとを召喚するのに必要なマナの量が増える。
    and everything else is in chinese, which at first led me to believe that maybe this was just how the Chinese referred to summoning circles, but then it also pops up in the fragments drama cd, so now I'm not sure. Is 召喚陣 just more specific to the summoning "setup" (and not necessarily a circle), whereas 魔法陣 can literally just be a magic circle instead of a summoning circle?

I also noticed that it's the same word used to refer to the various summoning points in Olympus, but I translated those very literally since I didn't know what they were, so that wasn't of much help.

- - - Updated - - -

I realize now this would've probably been better in the "translation help" thread but oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Logically, a summon circle should be a specific type of magic circle. We've already seen magic circles with different purposes, like Fargo's weird solar system map thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    More weird Japanese usage!

魔法陣 is literally a "magic circle", right, but seems to me like in Fate it more or less specifically refers to summoning circles (backed up by the fact that it's literally its own section on the JP wiki under "heroic spirit summoning").
    This is not true. 魔法陣 just means magic circle. 魔法陣 comes up rarely because it is a HUGE deal in Nasuverse. Magic circles are tied to rituals and grand ritual spells. They are difficult to prepare and time consuming.
    Servant summon is one occasion you see it, but you also hear about it when they talk about Boundary Fields and the Grail (the giant magic circle under the temple).

召喚陣 is just a summoning circle, I don't think there's any special connotation attached to it.

ああ。汎人類史における大神と大きくかけ離れていようと、根底は同じものだ。神霊、帯ー
    ギリシャ神話体系における最高存在。オリュンポス十二神の頂点、二つのマキアの勝者。
    かつて世界に実在していた神。自然、概念と深く結びつき、世界を構成する事象そのもの
    神話体系における神の王とはすなわち、本来的な意味での星の支配者に最も近い存在だ
    Maybe I'm trying to see things that don't exist. But when Holmes says that, does he mean to imply that Zeus was close to becoming an existence close to an Ultimate One or at least something similar? Or was he talking about the post as LB's King? I know that 支配者 and the 王 that is used in PlusPeriod prologue are not exactly the same thing, but it ended up making me a little uneasy.

Again, I may just be trying to see things that don't really exist, what I believe is the case as well.

Seems to me that it talks about Zeus' status as king of the Olympian gods when they were still actually gods; the first bolded part prolly describes the power they wielded in that state - no surprise, doesn't Extella outright call the gods of yore prime ones? Meanwhile CM's planned 'conquest' of the planet seems to be connected to the creation of True Ancestors, possibly intending to infiltrate and take over the planet's system through the beings that were created in his image and became part of Gaia. Relative to that, the only thing that comes to mind is divine spirits degenerating from gods to natural phenomena - or phrased differently, becoming part of the planet's system - but without knowing what happens in effgo Zeus' big dick energy doesn't seem to have to do with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar's Angel View Post
    Maybe I'm trying to see things that don't exist. But when Holmes says that, does he mean to imply that Zeus was close to becoming an existence close to an Ultimate One or at least something similar? Or was he talking about the post as LB's King? I know that 支配者 and the 王 that is used in PlusPeriod prologue are not exactly the same thing, but it ended up making me a little uneasy.

Again, I may just be trying to see things that don't really exist, what I believe is the case as well.
    I don't think you are reading it wrong, it is suggesting that.

In terms of face validity, I don't think there's a problem though. Gods and True Ancestors are two sides of the same coin, one is man-made, the other is nature-made. The King of True Ancestors is literally a "星の支配者" (Type Moon), so if you are the King of Gods, you may be on the same tier.
    The weasel word is "closest".
    Zeus is not beating Crimson Moon for sure. Don't @ me Dartz.

JP Friend Code
    The Lostbelt race was referred to be the race to become the "king of the planet" iirc.

US Friend Code
    Does anyone know the source (if it's even real) for the wiki's claim that Galahad has Mana Burst: Defense and another NP called Another Round Table? Neither are in Mash's mats which seems like the obvious place to check.
    Last edited by Reign; June 26th, 2020 at 10:34 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know the source (if it's even real) for the wiki's claim that Galahad has Mana Burst: Defense and another NP called Another Round Table? Neither are in Mash's mats which seems like the obvious place to check.
    Looking it up I found a reference on this forum that "Around Round Table" (presumably that's what you're talking about since it's the name dropped on the wiki) was an NP Tachie (Mashu's precursor character in the prototype version of Fate/Stay Night) had that made the Round Table of Camelot take the form of a shield. I haven't found any sources attributing it to GO's Galahad directly, so that's probably just a fan-extrapolation. Same with Mana Defense, though in that case it's just a more straightforward assumption that since Mashu got the Skill from Galahad it'd make sense for him to have it on his own. Still not confirmed as far as I know though.

I doubt it has anything but, Requiem has Galahad I guess?

US Friend Code
    Yeah Around Round Table, that was it. So it's Tachie's.
    Where is Mash getting Mana Defense from? It's not in her mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I doubt it has anything but, Requiem has Galahad I guess?
    Requiem doesn't have stat sheets yet so all we know from Galahad Saber is the name of the Sword of Strange Hangings.

As expected.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Around Round Table, that was it. So it's Tachie's.

Requiem doesn't have stat sheets yet so all we know from Galahad Saber is the name of the Sword of Strange Hangings.
    Isn't that one of her Succeed Skills or whatnot? Should be under Obscurant Wall of Chalk IIRC or one of the Demi-Servant profile paragraphs. Though it'd just be called Mana Defense I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Think it comes from this part in her in-game profile:
    Possession Inheritance: ?
    Succeed Phantasm. An unique Skill that Demi-Servants possess. One of the Skills that the possessing Heroic Spirit owns is inherited and sublimated in a self-taught manner.
    In Mash's case, it is "Prana Defense". A Skill of the same type as "Prana Burst", magical power is translated directly into defensive power. For a Heroic Spirit possessing a huge magical power, it would probably become a sacred wall that protects a whole country.