Page 7336 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6336683672367286732673317334733573367337733873417346738674367836 ... LastLast
Results 146,701 to 146,720 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by MadKing View Post
    What is the effective difference between Madness Enhancement and Protection of the Faith skills? Madness Enhancement increases parameters, so is Protection strictly worse?
    Protection from Faith has a ''Purge Defense'' effect according to Cu's Divinity mats in Extella (that says you need a certain amount of Divinity to pierce it). Vlad implies sometimes it also powers him up, but we never see a proper description of what that skill does. His Bond CE in FGO also suggests that the abnormalities it causes in personality is actually what is keeping him sane and that he lost most of his sanity a long time ago.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Did you make this sandwich example specifically because Vlad's wife is Ronald McDonald?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    It makes a lot of sense considering the nature of the lostbelts, but thanks for the courtesy.

Surt also destroyed all 9 worlds despite his texture being isolated to Scandinavia, didnt he?
    LB4 in particular is special because it's "not finished" yet due to Arjuna keep resetting it. Its nature is closer to a singularity than an actual LB, that's why it keeps expanding and shrinking as Arjuna try to make his perfect world. And also because of this instability, a lot of concepts in it are messed up such as time itself. So it's not that there is no Indian cosmology involved, it's that majority of what formed it are messed up beyond recognition by Arjuna.

In Surtr's case you need to remember that Surtr himself is one of the 9 realms - Muspelheim. So things don't work like how real myth depict it, we don't have definite info on how the realms work in TM's Norse myth.

Does anyone know the specifics of just what Angry Manjew curses Kiritsugu with?
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Does anyone know the specifics of just what Angry Manjew curses Kiritsugu with?
    Had he been the Kiritsugu of the past, the infamous “Magus Killer”, then he might have been able to forcibly break through this icy bounded field and rush to his daughter’s side. However, the current Kiritsugu had been touched by “Angra Mainyu” and had already been corroded by this curse. His flesh was getting weaker and weaker. His limbs atrophied, his sight began to fade, and he had completely lost the ability to use magecraft. He was not much different from a terminally ill patient. He couldn’t even find the starting point of the bounded field, and could only wander in the blizzard, waiting till death.

He understood all his attempts had been in vain – recently Kiritsugu had already faintly felt that his time was probably up. In other words, he probably hadn’t had much time left since the moment he became cursed by the black mud.
    old man disease
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    old man disease
    M'kay, does he get hit with it full-fuck-force after the 4th Grail War, or is it more gradual over the course of five years?
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    M'kay, does he get hit with it full-fuck-force after the 4th Grail War, or is it more gradual over the course of five years?
    And that harbinger of Hell was still lurking beneath Mount Enzō even now. After that battle, Kiritsugu had repeatedly visited that place with dynamite, and spent years to map out the situation of a few leylines. He had meticulously created a ‘bump’ at a location leading towards Mount Enzō. That might be the last time for him to use magecraft in his life.

The prana produced from the junction of numerous leylines will collect upon that ‘bump’ with time. When its limit is reached, a localized earthquake will be triggered deep within Mount Enzō. It would take a minimum of 30 years and a maximum of about 40 years for the ‘bump’ to break. If all his calculations were correct, then the cavern within Mount Enzō would collapse and seal away the “Greater Grail” forever. Though he would not be able to live to see that day, Kiritsugu had done the best he could to prevent the fifth Heaven’s Feel 60 years later.
    gradual

There's something about Thaumaturgical Foundations that's been confusing me for a really long time - it's mentioned that they're based on world religions/widely held superstitions/etc., and yet concepts like Projection or Reinforcement through simply applying magical energy to the limbs seem... Nigh universal? Is it that one can create their own Foundation? Or does the use of Magical Energy simply have some inherent capabilities to it that don't vary based on the Foundation used?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWulfos View Post
    There's something about Thaumaturgical Foundations that's been confusing me for a really long time - it's mentioned that they're based on world religions/widely held superstitions/etc., and yet concepts like Projection or Reinforcement through simply applying magical energy to the limbs seem... Nigh universal? Is it that one can create their own Foundation? Or does the use of Magical Energy simply have some inherent capabilities to it that don't vary based on the Foundation used?
    all the above.
    Things as projection and reinforcement are known as attributes which are defined as genres of magecraft.
    Attribute
    One of the factors determining the effect of one's magic. There are multiple genres like reinforcement and projection.
    Multiple iterations of reinforcement that are cultural flavored by a foundation and concepts around a foundation do exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwa ep 6 Case files tweet
    異界へ滑り込む、侵入する、異界の力を招く、弾く、などは魔術の基本のひとつであり、各流派に同様の技法が あります。基本であるゆえに、その応用法も幅広く、結界を構築したり、自身の強化、他者への攻撃など多岐に 渡ります。当然、罠にも。  #事件簿アニメ
    Slipping or invading otherworlds and using, repelling, etc their powers is fundamental to magecraft. Each school has these techniques. Because of how basic it is, the applications are really extensive, constructing bounded fields, reinforcing onself, attacking others. And of course, trapping others. #Case Files Anime
    However like you said magical energy does have inherent capabilities as well and magi also do use it to inject into things.

"……?"
    I can understand that it's a reproduction made out of illusions.
    I saw Saber's sword in my dream and imagined the golden sword based on it.

"…I don't get it. Magical energy is like clay. So shouldn't it stay around once it takes form even if it's just an image?"

"That's not true…! Magical energy is something that can only exist inside you, right!?
    That's why we pass our magical energy into other things and use magical energy as a starter to affect nature!
    Creating personal foundations is a department in the Clock Tower, II Solena. They're known as Individual Foundations.

In summary you want to think of reinforcement and projection like genres of a media. Lets say opera.
    You have your German opera, Italian opera, Chinese opera, Indie operas, you have a guy trying to break glass with his voice alone.
    But at the end of the day you tell your friends "I'm going to the opera tonight."
    Last edited by You; February 12th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.

Ok, that clears a lot of things up! Thankyou! Out of curiosity, it is possible for Mages to actively re-adapt Foundations to suit their needs, right? Since I'm pretty sure that was what was going on in that Animusphere branch family arc in Case Files

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWulfos View Post
    Ok, that clears a lot of things up! Thankyou! Out of curiosity, it is possible for Mages to actively re-adapt Foundations to suit their needs, right? Since I'm pretty sure that was what was going on in that Animusphere branch family arc in Case Files
    A foundation is like an OS and magic formulas i.e. spells are apps.
    You can mod your OS so X works but might mean some other apps don't work, others work weirdly, etc.

Blog Entries
    What’s the magecraft equivalent of a hackintosh?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess Roa reincarnation?

Disguising your mystery maybe?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    What’s the magecraft equivalent of a hackintosh?
    Amakusa maybe.

Was Morgan La Fay ever mentioned to have raped Artoria like she did to Arthur in older iterations of Arthurian myth?Is Mordred directly related to Morgan as a 'daughter'? Or does she have only have Artoria's DNA?And did Artoria really have 'one', or is that something fans assumed from memes?

Blog Entries
    It was never directly stated that it was rape, but morgana “extracted” semen from saber to create mordred. Saber once mentioned she knows how blowjobs work so there are other ways besides intercourse morgana could have done it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It was never directly stated that it was rape, but morgana “extracted” semen from saber to create mordred. Saber once mentioned she knows how blowjobs work so there are other ways besides intercourse morgana could have done it
    Hard to see Artoria banging her own half-sister otherwise tbh. Perhaps if there were some vial in storage, that'd explain it to.It was stated that Merlin made Artoria into a pseudo-male that was able to create yogurt, so that's pretty much left to our imaginations as well. As far as I'm concerned at least.

Would Vlad III call his new Master "wife" too if he eventually became close enough?

Blog Entries
    Really when I said it wasnt confirmed to be rape I really meant it was unclear if morgana had used her vagina during the process, not that saber might have consented
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.