Page 7580 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 658070807480753075707575757875797580758175827585759076307680 ... LastLast
Results 151,581 to 151,600 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So we've probably already talked about it, but I forget: If Touko's goal is to recreate the perfect body, and she gives up on that in a Tsuki timeline because TA's already exist in that niche, what is she up to? Is she one of those mages trying to become a DA? Experimenting on DA to turn them into TA's? Just mass producing glasses that block psychic powers for no reason?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Oh? I guess this explains why we see more of Touko in Fate world-setting works. She is still trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So we've probably already talked about it, but I forget: If Touko's goal is to recreate the perfect body, and she gives up on that in a Tsuki timeline because TA's already exist in that niche, what is she up to? Is she one of those mages trying to become a DA? Experimenting on DA to turn them into TA's? Just mass producing glasses that block psychic powers for no reason?
    In LB3 you have QSH trying very hard to study and replicate a TA body because it's effectively the same as a Xian's body and I don't remember the exact details but the idea I guess is just that they are such perfect beings in body alone that if you really pushed it then it would in itself be a path to the root.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So if she met Yu Meiren, she would give up in the same fashion?

I mean, most likely? That statement was made way long ago so doubt knockoff-brand TA were even a consideration, but seeing as it got the same kind of hype from QSH I would assume it's effectively the same.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What was the actual statement again? What it sounds like from the conversation here doesn't match what I remember it being.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of things being reconsidered ex-post-facto:

All this stuff now about the trees being simulators reminds me of the odd way Femme Fatale worked, where Rin was put in a simulation where it says she experienced what Sakura had to go through from her perspective. That you'd need something like a IN generating device to enter a simulation checks off the boxes in my head.
    If LB6 became real from just being allowed to exist in a vacuum of 2000 years without being autocorrected, does that in fact mean if you had the time, power, and ability to create a simulation in INS you could make it real at one point?
    I'm navel gazing, but I thought back to things like how GudaGuda's Final Honnoji was a big simulation that had the potential to become real via technology. Does that then mean its theoretically possible to just make new realities from simulated data, wait awhile, make it a singularity and then bam, have a new history?
    Or is it a requirement that you'd need to turn the Earth into a blank template for that. Could you not with enough power just make a new planet and wouldn't need the Earth, or does it need that empty framework with a bleached earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What was the actual statement again? What it sounds like from the conversation here doesn't match what I remember it being.
    The Touko statement or the QSH statement?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Touko's.

It feels weird that TA would stop touko, couldnt she just 'crib the notes' so to speak? of a TA body

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Clearly it just means that the presence of the True Ancestors simply means Touko is pursuing a perfect body in a... different context.

It's a bit of an extrapolation of this from plusdisc

coupled with knowing Touko's goal/means to reach the root and then further extrapolation from LB3 info. That's at least the best hard source I can give atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly it just means that the presence of the True Ancestors simply means Touko is pursuing a perfect body in a... different context.
    Yeah exactly, no reason she would stop, just if her chosen means is to go via a perfect body and one exists in front of her, there'd be no need to go about this lengthy process of creating her own. I feel like this also mirrors Araya's plan with Shiki more.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So was a world-split planned all along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah exactly, no reason she would stop, just if her chosen means is to go via a perfect body and one exists in front of her, there'd be no need to go about this lengthy process of creating her own. I feel like this also mirrors Araya's plan with Shiki more.
    Maybe she'll show up in a Tsuki Sequel-

Shiki: "An unkillable bodyjumping magus prodigy that's obsessed with Arcueid? This seems familiar..."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's a bit of an extrapolation of this from plusdisc

coupled with knowing Touko's goal/means to reach the root and then further extrapolation from LB3 info. That's at least the best hard source I can give atm.
    Oh, it says nothing. It makes sense now.

Because you guys were saying it as "meeting Arcueid would raise Touko's standards of perfect body so high that she would just give up" while I remembered it as "meeting Arcueid would make Touko immediately drop everything she was doing to go capture her as a model".

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Speaking of things being reconsidered ex-post-facto:

All this stuff now about the trees being simulators reminds me of the odd way Femme Fatale worked, where Rin was put in a simulation where it says she experienced what Sakura had to go through from her perspective. That you'd need something like a IN generating device to enter a simulation checks off the boxes in my head.
    If LB6 became real from just being allowed to exist in a vacuum of 2000 years without being autocorrected, does that in fact mean if you had the time, power, and ability to create a simulation in INS you could make it real at one point?
    I'm navel gazing, but I thought back to things like how GudaGuda's Final Honnoji was a big simulation that had the potential to become real via technology. Does that then mean its theoretically possible to just make new realities from simulated data, wait awhile, make it a singularity and then bam, have a new history?
    Or is it a requirement that you'd need to turn the Earth into a blank template for that. Could you not with enough power just make a new planet and wouldn't need the Earth, or does it need that empty framework with a bleached earth.
    That's what World Eggs are all about, and why some speculate that CHALDEAS might be one. Having a blank earth seems to be a key condition though, so I don't think Gudaguda 4 could've happened before part 2 (I mean I don't think there would have been the threat of it becoming real). I could be wrong on that front though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    does that in fact mean if you had the time, power, and ability to create a simulation in INS you could make it real at one point?
    Cursed Cutting Crater
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    That's what World Eggs are all about, and why some speculate that CHALDEAS might be one. Having a blank earth seems to be a key condition though, so I don't think Gudaguda 4 could've happened before part 2 (I mean I don't think there would have been the threat of it becoming real). I could be wrong on that front though.
    Hmm, then I guess that makes Reality Marbles a type of flash simulation the World just says "nope" as the template is fixed, so you need to strip the template.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Cursed Cutting Crater
    Heh. I had an idea a long time ago that Sakura could make a Dark Souls training bit for Mr. Swordboy, or a Silent Hill scenario for enemies, guess those holodeck jokes from a long time ago aren't jokes, but that sounds better than a holodeck.
    I mean, you'd think that this would be good for its own field of study, for researchers, an infinite space that enables you to run simulations of whatever you wanted and preserve what you needed would be not just invaluable, but downright necessary for longterm projects.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; December 5th, 2021 at 05:35 AM.

Oh, it says nothing. It makes sense now.

Because you guys were saying it as "meeting Arcueid would raise Touko's standards of perfect body so high that she would just give up" while I remembered it as "meeting Arcueid would make Touko immediately drop everything she was doing to go capture her as a model".
    Yeah, exactly. More that her current approach would be dropped because the shortcut is already there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So was a world-split planned all along?
    This doesn't have anything to do with the world-split, because as far as we all know, TAs are still very much a thing in Fate worlds. It's just that some characters can't meet because it would create inconsistencies in their characters so they either have to be completely removed from each other in some in-universe way or you have to consider their stories as alternate timelines that can't overlap (such as mahoyo/knk where touko is seemingly most active can't overlap with tsuki where Arc is actually active and running around Japan at her own leisure).
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Just realized that Touko's goal is pretty similar to Avicebron. I wonder if Adam counts as a TA.