Page 7614 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 661471147514756476047609761276137614761576167619762476647714 ... LastLast
Results 152,261 to 152,280 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Correct.
    So they are the same...just with a different name...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Grail Vessel contains souls, because its a vessel. Once it's adequately mature, the vessel assumes its role as the Holy Grail (Lesser). What else is there to know?

The Grail Vessel contains souls, because its a vessel. Once it's adequately mature, the vessel assumes its role as the Holy Grail (Lesser). What else is there to know?
    So "Lesser Grail" is the name of the role that the vessel has/recieves when it is mature and ready to begin the ritual...

Are there physical changes in this when this maturation process has been reached? I know Iri turns into a cup... but Illya seems to keep her human form intact...
    Last edited by Jesse1089; January 28th, 2022 at 03:07 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Lesser Grail can do things that the Vessels can not, hence the need for a distinction.

The Lesser Grail can do things that the Vessels can not, hence the need for a distinction.
    The Grail Vessel serves to contain the souls, when it completes its maturation process it becomes the Lesser Grail, then the latter establishes the connection with the Greater Grail...

Are there physical changes in this when this maturation process has been reached? I know Iri turns into a cup... but Illya seems to keep her human form intact...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, you've ran out of Petrikow question points, try again tomorrow.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1089 View Post
    The Grail Vessel serves to contain the souls, when it completes its maturation process it becomes the Lesser Grail, then the latter establishes the connection with the Greater Grail...

"Well, I'll make fun of you later. Seriously, do you know where Shirou is? I was thinking about asking for his help since Ilya's fever seems to be rising."
    "Ilyasviel…? Did she not recover?"

"…No. I didn't tell Shirou, but she's almost at her limit. She won't be back to normal until the ritual of the Holy Grail War ends. Her capacity is extraordinary, but it's still filling up.
    There's still a bit of capacity left, so unimportant functions are still working. But once it's full, she will have to discard her least important function, which is her ability to be human. Ilyasviel is made to break down more and more as the Holy Grail War progresses."
    Rin speaks annoyingly, but Saber does not understand what she is trying to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    So when the vessel completes its process and becomes the lesser grail, the former loses its human capabilities completely?

Damn!...I didn't really remember that part...

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That was a huge part of Zero's conflict and how Kerry justified his cheating on Irisviel.

- - - Updated - - -

Like no matter what, she wasn't making it as a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Was it ever stated that Avalon is outside time or time doesn't pass in avalon?

Avalon is outside the human order and any pruning or timelines, but it isn't outside time.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    But if he had to take advantage of the incineration to leave, then he doesn't seem particularly free to leave in normal times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    It makes it sound like he can just leave the tower if he chooses.
    I think Independent Manifestation makes it possible for him to take the form of a Servant anytime there is a summoning. He just tends not to because lulz and he prefers voyeurism to actually interceding past his legend.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Avalon is outside the human order and any pruning or timelines, but it isn't outside time.
    I don't mean it's outside time like root. Just that time is stopped or time simply doesn't flow on that texture.
    Like how in imaginary number space concept of time is different

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It is stated that day and night exist in Avalon, so time does pass. Not sure about the mechanism behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin's Bond CE
    It is the final paradise, filled with flowers of every imaginable color.
    In the day, it's filled with the spring sunlight and the scent of summer, and at night, you feel the fall air and look up at the winter stars.
    The earth is filled with flowers and insects. The forests with water and green and beasts.
    Beautiful fairies dance near the waterside.
    In the myths, this tiny little world is called the Land of Eternal Spring, or the Island of the Apple.
    It is a utopia, far beyond the reach of animals who possess wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    It is stated that day and night exist in Avalon, so time does pass. Not sure about the mechanism behind it.
    But it seems seasons doesn't pass there. Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I don't mean it's outside time like root. Just that time is stopped or time simply doesn't flow on that texture.
    Like how in imaginary number space concept of time is different
    Even then, I don't think time flows differently at all, but it exists no matter the era.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From Brynhildr's F/GO Profile:

"Although Siegfried and Sigurd share similar origins, they are two different existences."
    I need some help clarifying what this means. I had always (presumably falsely) assumed that Siegfried/Sigurd were like Charlemagne/Karl where you were just summoning a different version of the same guy, but I guess that's not really the case here then?

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They're two guys roughly from the same era who killed the same kind of dragon, but that's as far as the similarities go. They're from different countries, lived different lives, and have different personalities.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    They're two guys roughly from the same era who killed the same kind of dragon, but that's as far as the similarities go. They're from different countries, lived different lives, and have different personalities.
    Huh, okay. I can kinda buy that...although that does then raise a lot of further questions. Particularly if that means Gunther somehow died twice at the court of Atilla the Hun.

I guess you're not supposed to think about it too hard.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)