Page 7702 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 670272027602765276927697770077017702770377047707771277527802 ... LastLast
Results 154,021 to 154,040 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

夜属 Nightkin
    Just to be sure, do sub-circuits ever get mentioned again or elaborated on after it is sadi that Rin has them in the side materials?
    By the way, Shirou’s number of magic circuits is an unexpectedly high 27.
    Rin, on the other hand, has 40 main circuits, while her sub-circuits are 30 each.

I assume sub circuits would be crest circuits... because yeah it's never been mentioned after. Unless adventures had something to add

夜属 Nightkin
    I kinda doubt it's referring to the crest, when Rin herself points out that it acts as 'an engine seperate from the magic circuits' only taking the shape of a circuit when magical energy flows from the user into them. It wouldn't really make sense in context to include it here.

Well something needs to put the sub in sub circuit, like temporary existance?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The biggest question mark to me is how they're 30 "each".

Apparently Shirou has a few sub circuits for his main circuits too

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The biggest question mark to me is how they're 30 "each".
    Apparently people think it could be a typo as if you look it up on Google on JP sites people there are just as confused. Possibly it could have meant to be that Rin has 40 main circuits and 30 sub-circuits respectively.

The line in question:

凜の魔術回路はメインが四十、サプがそれぞれ三十。

wanna check, they refer to circuits as imaginery nerves at times, what do they mean? is it like referring to the imaginery elements?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    they refer to circuits as imaginery nerves at times, what do they mean?
    Pseudo generally means not real but indistinguishable from the real deal.

Do they look like actual circuitry? i wanna check on that. because the pictures are always actual circuitry

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    wanna check, they refer to circuits as imaginery nerves at times, what do they mean? is it like referring to the imaginery elements?
    No, the words are different. It's "擬似", rather than "架空".
    In other words, Circuits are like false nerves, or something similar to nerves. The idea is basically a metaphysical parallel to your nervous system.

- - - Updated - - -

Do they look like actual circuitry? i wanna check on that. because the pictures are always actual circuitry
    I used to think the circuit-looking CGs are all mental imagery.

Then Realta Nua came out, and they added CGs of Shirou's body with actual circuit patterns on him.
    I guess they really look like circuits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    No, the words are different. It's "擬似", rather than "架空".
    In other words, Circuits are like false nerves, or something similar to nerves. The idea is basically a metaphysical parallel to your nervous system.
    Just for context:
    Circuits are called 疑似神経 (psuedo-nerves) in like 99% of cases whenever they are described. However, there is a single case (as far as I am aware) where they are described as 架空神経 (imaginary nerves) instead. This is in the entry for mages in Fate/EXTRA material.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Just for context:
    Circuits are called 疑似神経 (psuedo-nerves) in like 99% of cases whenever they are described. However, there is a single case (as far as I am aware) where they are described as 架空神経 (imaginary nerves) instead. This is in the entry for mages in Fate/EXTRA material.
    Ya, found it on TMdict.
    魔術回路と呼ばれる架空神経を肉体に持ち、自身の本質を電脳として明確に数値化できる異才が必 要となる。
    Seems pretty specific and deliberate.

I guess in a world with no mana, an organ that interacts with mana becomes "imaginary".

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty much the reason I figured for the distinction as well. It does stand out in its specificness.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Apparently people think it could be a typo as if you look it up on Google on JP sites people there are just as confused. Possibly it could have meant to be that Rin has 40 main circuits and 30 sub-circuits respectively.

The line in question:

凜の魔術回路はメインが四十、サプがそれぞれ三十。
    If you read it "as is", basically it is saying:

Main system = 40 circuits
    Sub system = 30 circuits each

There is however no context as to how many Sub systems each Main system has.

I suspect the math is actually 40 x 30 = 1200. In other words, a regular person can fire about 20 circuits, Tohsaka can fire at max 1200.

The math actually weirdly checks out with Heaven's Feel, with Rin usually at double digits for mana, but can fire 1000 at a time with an infinite supply.
    But Tohsaka Rin's magical energy doesn't even reach a hundred. The contradiction.
    Therefore, limitless.
    Even if Rin's capacity is only a thousand, it doesn't matter.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    If you read it "as is", basically it is saying:

Main system = 40 circuits
    Sub system = 30 circuits each

There is however no context as to how many Sub systems each Main system has.

I suspect the math is actually 40 x 30 = 1200. In other words, a regular person can fire about 20 circuits, Tohsaka can fire at max 1200.

The math actually weirdly checks out with Heaven's Feel, with Rin usually at double digits for mana, but can fire 1000 at a time with an infinite supply.
    I don't think this is the case

Quote Originally Posted by adventures vol 2
     快活に、首の後ろを若瓏が叩いたのだ。
    「会ったら捕まえろ、とはオヤジに言われてるんだな、これが」
     若瓏の体から、魔力が迸った。
    一個人の精気とは到底思われぬ、凄絶な量の放射であった。こと魔術回路の生産量においては、凛も並ではない 。メインの回路どころかサブの回路だって、そこらの魔術師を大きく上回るという自信が
    ある。

だというのに、目の前の相手は、凛にも底が見えなかった。
     それこそ、あの時のムシキを彷彿とさせるような。
    This is the scene after Luo defeats the Yakou magi. Rin seems to believe that with her sub circuits alone her magical energy is higher than each of the Yakou magi.
    If each sub-circuit was tied to a main circuit, this paragraph would not make sense.
    I think the passage is suggesting she has two independent systems, a main circuit system and a secondary circuit system (I wouldn't presume to know how this works of course) rather than traditional interpretation of the sub-system being tied to the main system.
    Last edited by You; July 9th, 2022 at 12:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I don't think this is the case

This is the scene after Luo defeats the Yakou magi. Rin seems to believe that with her sub circuits alone her magical energy is higher than each of the Yakou magi.
    If each sub-circuit was tied to a main circuit, this paragraph would not make sense.
    I think the passage is suggesting she has two independent systems, a main circuit system and a secondary circuit system (I wouldn't presume to know how this works of course) rather than traditional interpretation of the sub-system being tied to the main system.
    This doesn't support nor deny either theory though.

The OG Side Material blurb even says each Sub system = 30 circuits. We know 30 circuits is even slightly above an average magus' capacity.

The question is really, are the Sub systems branches of the Main system, or do the Sub systems run parallel to the Main system.
    It is hard to tell what is going on.

I thought it would make even more sense.

"Not only the Main Circuits, but also the Sub Circuits would greatly trump the magicians there".

It's like, ya, the babies of my Circuits are still stronger than your real Circuits.

The passage is sort of vague.

The original Side Material entry is oddly specific. It is saying "each and everyone (それぞれ) of these Sub systems have 30 circuits".
    It's basically saying there is more than 1 Sub system.

When I read this, and then look at the CG of the Circuits in F/SN, my first reaction is "oh, so each Circuit has like 30 little branches".
    I think I am not alone in this.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I believe it's parallel systems rather than branches. Branches would imply running at least a main circuit to run the subcircuits and that doesn't seem to align with her phrasing here. To me it reads like she can run the subs without running the mains.
    Last edited by You; July 9th, 2022 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.