Page 7028 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6028652869286978701870237026702770287029703070337038707871287528 ... LastLast
Results 140,541 to 140,560 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'd guess that's just figurative language, myself.
    I don't think so. The way Dumas said it left little room for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It doesn't kill them but holds them back
    That's why it's called the mystic eyes of procrastination
    please tell me that this is just a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Arc teleported, and Nrvnqsr came by plane
    isnt Nero extremely heavy on account of his body structure though? i am surprised a plane could carry him

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    please tell me that this is just a joke
    nope
    that's the best translation for them
    https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/%E9%81%B7%E5%BB%B6
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    hey You, what would be your reasoning on why vampires are not included among the gensoushu. Vampires are definitely creatures of fantasy in the public eye. And Lamia as we've seen them are so its not a problem that they have human form.
    Last edited by Cruor; December 4th, 2018 at 12:58 AM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ok hidari is arguing that they, in fact, are, which im trying to rationalize, as afaik they are not immune to mysteries beneath them as would normally be the case with phantasmal beasts. But then I remembered Arc's story about how she should be immune to most artifacts except for certain South American weapons (which makes it not that she gained immunity to those other artifacts- that she outright has a mystery way higher then them). You think DAs or DAAs have some ability to reject lower mystery? I do remember Nrvnqsr also thinking Shiki's knife must be weird for an instant so perhaps they do have some immunity to a variety of things?
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

Maybe mystery rejection happens on an individual basis since for phantasmal races age=power

As in a pegasus doesn't reject mysteries simply because it's a pegasus but because it's an AoG mystery which further lived to become millennium rank and therefore nosells lesser mysteries

Besides the old vampires that we see get beaten either get dotstabbed or conceptual weapon'd

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    hey You, what would be your reasoning on why vampires are not included among the gensoushu. Vampires are definitely creatures of fantasy in the public eye. And Lamia as we've seen them are so its not a problem that they have human form.
    "…… From the very beginning, the True Ancestors were an existence far separated from ours.
    The Dead Apostles certainly are vampires that wield immense ability, but that ability is only an extension of human capacity.
    Because they have managed to attain a long life, they are able to develop their abilities, and manage to refine it to those 'super' abilities as a result.
    In other words, anyone can develop abilities equal to the vampires if they have a long time."
    This probably.

Also phantasmal species are born. Dead Apostles are made.
    https://i.imgur.com/gyey7s2.jpg

Anything with a higher mystery can nullify a lower mystery. And DA are known to have substantial mystery.
    It's true the power of the Mage's Association surpass that of the Church.
    But for the Dead Apostles, the mediators of the Church were the most difficult enemies to face.
    It's a bit of a stretch, but the mages are the same type of existence as the Dead Apostles. If their understanding of the super natural was the same, the Dead Apostles who were at an higher point would simply have the upper hand. Then those who are threat to them are humans who speak the words of god.
    So obviously, the Dead Apostles want the Church to be crushed by the Mages as soon as possible, but it wouldn't be that easy.
    When it comes down to it, the question would be like "can an old DA bitchslap a gandr shot."
    My bet is on yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Maybe mystery rejection happens on an individual basis since for phantasmal races age=power

As in a pegasus doesn't reject mysteries simply because it's a pegasus but because it's an AoG mystery which further lived to become millennium rank and therefore nosells lesser mysteries

Besides the old vampires that we see get beaten either get dotstabbed or conceptual weapon'd
    p much

A 4000 year old pegasus is going to have more mystery than a 100 year old pegasus.
    Last edited by You; December 4th, 2018 at 02:26 AM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    ok hidari is arguing that they, in fact, are, which im trying to rationalize, as afaik they are not immune to mysteries beneath them as would normally be the case with phantasmal beasts. But then I remembered Arc's story about how she should be immune to most artifacts except for certain South American weapons (which makes it not that she gained immunity to those other artifacts- that she outright has a mystery way higher then them). You think DAs or DAAs have some ability to reject lower mystery? I do remember Nrvnqsr also thinking Shiki's knife must be weird for an instant so perhaps they do have some immunity to a variety of things?
    "I'm asking about the method you used. I'm resistant against stuff like Runes and Kabbalah, so those don't work on me. The only things I'm not resistant against is magic I've yet to experience, which is probably limited to the ancient Shinto in this country and the treasures in South America."
    Runes and Kabbalah = old and busted
    South America and Shinto = new hotness
    You’re slipping Cruor I thought you were supposed to be one of the Tsuki pros
    I know it’s fun to go off in the weeds trying to connect the dots but she flat out states it’s about experience in the same breath she brings it up lol

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean i mentioned that in the post

which makes it not that she gained immunity to those other artifacts
    As I was more thinking about why vampires apparently don't have the mystery defense most phantasmal species have. and i didn't really care for looking up quotes as that had actually nothing to do with the original argument as it was about tas and not das but I thought it could be related without looking.

Quote Originally Posted by You
    A 4000 year old pegasus is going to have more mystery than a 100 year old pegasus.
    Yeah we were talking about that when he made that post, my argument was what do you think would have more resistence a hundred year old vamp or a new born pegasus though i guess no one would know. I figured the species itself has its own mystery to it, because of its nature.

But it is true that pegasus' are all AoG mysteries that are dragon level. That, and if an Elder Title can lose to Beo its kinda iffy as to how much resistance they actually get. At least that was my interpretation. But yeah if it had to do with folklore strength like eirei then uh why don't vampires kinda have that?

Also hrm that first quote. Yeah that kinda explains it.
    Last edited by Cruor; December 4th, 2018 at 03:55 AM.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yeah each species has its own mystery like you wouldn't expect a 100 year old pegasus to have the same mystery as a 100 year old zeus child bull.
    But in terms of 100 year old vamp and new born pegasus in terms of mystery, i don't think there's a metric available you can use to compare the two.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    well that was the more extreme example compared to the Elder Title losing his boxing match with Beo to decide the sinking of Atlantis or whatever. but yeah I do agree.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Eh, Beo himself is a 2k year old mystery but he's still susceptible to punching.

Anyway my take on phantasmal race mystery is that individual age + mystery of the age from which the species originates + modifiers such as divinity constitute their magic/mystery resistance. If we consider the legend of the vampire as imagined by humanity the starting point then the mystery of it as a species is relatively newish?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And wolf ppl are supposed to be the prototype of vamps

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    And wolf ppl are supposed to be the prototype of vamps
    Kiiiinda, but not really? Unless you're talking about a Nasuverse fact.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I don't think so. The way Dumas said it left little room for interpretation.
    "[...] England's an island nation. Hard for the mystery to leak out when
    you're isolated from other cultures by the sea
    you're surrounded by water
    ."

Is there anyone on this forum, who posted anything from Extella material (translated or not)

If yes, and if it was a translation where can i find it on the forum?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Kiiiinda, but not really? Unless you're talking about a Nasuverse fact.
    its what EMIYA says in Extra

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since when was EMIYA an expert on vamps and werewolves?

Blog Entries
    He cooks ciel curry every once in a while. Don’t forget, he is the one who gave her the cloth shiki covers his eyes with*

*actual events may not have happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hm, interesting!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So the Nasuverse is going with the real life "fact" that vampires and werewolves used to be one and the same?