Page 7440 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 644069407340739074307435743874397440744174427445745074907540 ... LastLast
Results 148,781 to 148,800 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes I feel like people overlook that the Olympians stopped being outright Transformers when Sefar came. It isn't like they were mechas forever to the Ancient Greeks.

I'm pretty sure pointy elbows of heracles became a thing because of his berserker class, he doesn't have them anywhere else, (fate manga's living heracles depiction, apocryhpa manga showing archer herc, sF manga showing redesigned herc doesn't have it either) and the famitsu answer about herc being %100 not robot is also there so yeah

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Basically, greek gods are mecha, but greek divine spirits are not anymore

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    True, but the jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by CMII chats
    >Designing Berserker's outfits and armaments.

Takeuchi: He's totally like the main character you'd find in a Western game, like Kratos from "God of War". Berserker's concept may have remained the same since early development, but his visual side went through quite a change.

Nasu: Did it?
    Takeuchi: We went through a lot of trial and error before arriving at Berserker's current form.

Nasu: When you take a hero of Greek mythology and put him in a giant body, you're pretty much always guaranteed to end up with a design like this. Still, it can be pretty embarrassing to work with this "genre" of designs... especially the whole loincloth business. Takeuchi seemed to struggle the most with preventing Berserker from coming off as a simple barbarian.

Takeuchi: I even considered going with a sharper image at one point.

Nasu: We also tossed around the possibility of basing him on Talos, the bronze giant of Crete... but that didn't sit quite right with us in the end.

Takeuchi: Even Nasu suggested making half of his body out of stone or metal because he's supposed to be a superhuman existence, but we eventually settled on him being a superhuman existence in a relatively humanoid form. The protrusions on his elbows are remnants from the days when we were toying with the idea of making him a non-human character.

Nasu: We wanted the player to feel like a jackhammer on legs was barreling down on them, and you need a certain amount of power behind a character in order to pull that off. The tricky part was drawing a hulking, intimidating mass of a character without making him look like a common barbarian.

Takeuchi: I think Berserker became such a formidable presence in "Stay Night" because his colouring and shading made him look really dense, and everything about him portrayed him as a god of destruction. In the Japanese entertainment world, characters like Berserker are almost always designed to be defeated. Everyone loves that "David and Goliath" feeling you get from taking down a behemoth. Working on Berserker definitely taught me a thing or two about the different techniques and instincts you need to employ in order to build up a character who can pull that off successfully.
    Makes you wonder if his Prototype version might have kept those discarded design concepts.

I'm actually curious if Athena's jealousy of the Gorgon sisters will ever get revisited again, since their backstory in HA seemed to suggest that the sisters being authentic native and immortal gods of Greece was the "beauty" that Athena was jealous of, as I've chosen to interpret it.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Does bonds of fate in itself work as a catalyst? I feel like that's just a rope attached on one end. I remember something about scathach using herself as a catalyst can summon HS but no details if she can summon only celts related to her or others as well. The one with guda at solomon still bothers me. Was he supposed to be the catalyst or the bonds of fate?

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Dr. Roman
    ...Is this a dream? Are my sensors broken? There are summoning spells being activated all over the Singularity!

Dr. Roman
    There's no catalyst...no summoners. They're materializing autonomously, following the thin threads of fate that intertwined when you crossed paths!
    Mash
    So many... Those are... Those shooting stars racing across the sky...

Dr. Roman
    Yeah, they're Servants!
    This is amazing. They just keep coming!

Dr. Roman
    And I have no idea why, either!

Dr. Roman
    Maybe they were able to get in because this Singularity exists outside of time? No, it doesn't matter!

Dr. Roman
    Among the Heroic Spirits you met on your journey, the Heroic Spirits who fought alongside you—

Dr. Roman
    I'm sure there are some who had planned only to lend their power for a short while...

Dr. Roman
    And yet they've all come to help you out!
    I think we just haven't gotten to the point where they plan to explain everything yet, actually.

There's some fishiness going on implied by the annual memorial quests that let you revisit old boss battles from certain story chapters.

The 3rd anniversary sudden introduced Saber Alter from Singularity F with a buff called "defender of humanity" without explanation.

Then during this year's 5th anniversary when you're given the chance to fight against Solomon for the Time Temple quest it's your party that's buffed with "defender of humanity" instead.

So basically there's the implication that you had help.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    I think we just haven't gotten to the point where they plan to explain everything yet, actually.

There's some fishiness going on implied by the annual memorial quests that let you revisit old boss battles from certain story chapters.

The 3rd anniversary sudden introduced Saber Alter from Singularity F with a buff called "defender of humanity" without explanation.

Then during this year's 5th anniversary when you're given the chance to fight against Solomon for the Time Temple quest it's your party that's buffed with "defender of humanity" instead.

So basically there's the implication that you had help.
    The quests had something to offer in lore? Arent they supposed to be just gameplay. Granted i havent played those. Were those supposed to be taken seriously?

they love to put those bits of lore to everything they make, like it's some sort of bonus that they put, and yeah it should be just gameplay but it's just hinting at the stuff that's soon coming, also I think Berser-Car was derived from the early designs of herc, needless to say I hope they stick with the Morii's redesign. Herc deserves it

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If Singularity F is the real ending of Part 2, and Saber Alter there was backed by the Counterforce to prevent it from being unwound, that might mean the situation will be switched for the ending. For Solomon we had the backing of the Counterforce, for this one we're going against the tide to alter the pan-human history.

So instead of a million support servants, we're fighting the ones who helped us along the way. It's a boss rush.

What if Marsibilly's plan is to cause a large-scale Counterforce interference (on his side so he won't get punked) to get a bajillion counter guardians into Fuyuki whose prana will then be soaked into the Greater Grail in order to do something even more difficult than using Third for a goatse to the Root?
    Last edited by Ratman; October 1st, 2020 at 07:46 PM.

Do all heroic spirit summoning use the third magic? If i remember right the third magic is intergral because of its nature as the materialization of the soul.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Not at all in theory, but yes in practice. The Magic makes it a lot easier. If there isn't a big ass system in place to keep them around, it's impractical to summon something like a Servant. If the Third was more involved with the summoning, Servants would actually get real bodies, which they don't unless they take a dip into the grail mud. The way you usually see, they're just prana bags that are meant to feed the Third, not the other way around.

After all, the real reason the Third is involved is to retrace its path to the Root.

So using the third magic isnt a strict requirement but just more efficient. I was asking this because if i remember right there are some summoning systems that doesnt seem to be using it like chaldea summoning system or the one gilgamesh used in babylonia

See Apo. Even if a lot of bootleg systems don’t work it’s still possible to make servant grails. Really it’s probably a matter of competence, land quality and ingredients as to how well it actually goes.

most people aren’t super scholars with stuff on the same level as the Rhinegold unsurprisingly.

Had the Einzbern ever considered what to do with the counterforce if anyone had actually utilized the Heaven's Feel?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you don't use it to spawn a gigantic demon, then it has no reason to hit, right. If you are spawning the demon, then the problem takes care of itself.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So if the Einzbern have the Rheingold, do we have any proof it's cursed them or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, they basically went extinct, right?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut-007 View Post
    Heracles inherited pointy elbows instead of pointy ears.
    I like to remiind and Point up that he inherited his Statusque build and size .

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Sometimes I feel like people overlook that the Olympians stopped being outright Transformers when Sefar came. It isn't like they were mechas forever to the Ancient Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Basically, greek gods are mecha, but greek divine spirits are not anymore
    Although i said it before i outright loath These Mecha garbage as i am dissatisfied with that it doesnt explain the time before ZEus Reign ,the Age where atfirst perhaps Chaos then Phanes , then after awhile Ouranos and before Zeus finally his Father Chronos .

As id like to know how and if any Nasu and co take the Protogonoi and the Titan into account . Aswell some Details About who then creaeted These Mecha actually as this Explanation does leave ctually more Questions !?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Does bonds of fate in itself work as a catalyst? I feel like that's just a rope attached on one end. I remember something about scathach using herself as a catalyst can summon HS but no details if she can summon only celts related to her or others as well. The one with guda at solomon still bothers me. Was he supposed to be the catalyst or the bonds of fate?
    I think yes as if no material catalyst is aviable so that the Grail based on their personality or other similarities Chose a destined Partner . soi think you could be Right !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So if the Einzbern have the Rheingold, do we have any proof it's cursed them or something?
    I mean they're constant screwups so