Page 7494 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 649469947394744474847489749274937494749574967499750475447594 ... LastLast
Results 149,861 to 149,880 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Unless my memory went wrong, it was mentioned in LB4 (during a conversation between Pepe and Chaldea inside the Shadow Border) that she was buried by Chaldea

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    I remember hearing somewhere that FGO timeline diverged from the main line because Zolgen was killed in London, thus setting back work on the Holy Grail which is why the war Marisbury won was actually the first one. Any official confirmation on this?

Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    Unless my memory went wrong, it was mentioned in LB4 (during a conversation between Pepe and Chaldea inside the Shadow Border) that she was buried by Chaldea
    Did they bury the body there in the Lostbelt or take it away and bury it somewhere else?
    Last edited by Hermitfold; April 16th, 2021 at 05:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes on the MB's war being the first one, no on everything else. We still don't have any explanation for why Fuyuki's Grail Wars are starting in 2004 this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Yes on the MB's war being the first one, no on everything else. We still don't have any explanation for why Fuyuki's Grail Wars are starting in 2004 this time.
    It does sound like a promising theory though. What about the thing where Fate and Tsukihime diverged during the Zelretch and Brunestud fight?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Zelretch became a vampire in Tsuki and didn’t in Fate/ (but became immortal regardless), and that’s the chronologically earliest difference we know of.

US Friend Code
    We also know Blackmore gave into despair after CM's loss and allowed himself to be killed by the Church in Fate worlds, but I don't think we know why he gave up vs why he didn't in Tsuki worlds.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He knew that Fate lead to FGO and there was no hope there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    We also know Blackmore gave into despair after CM's loss and allowed himself to be killed by the Church in Fate worlds, but I don't think we know why he gave up vs why he didn't in Tsuki worlds.
    I recall hearing something along the lines of Zel destroyed Brunestud completely in Fate worlds because he had help in the fight, while that didn't happen in Tsukihime worlds.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'm still sitting on the theory that if there are no three great families and Third Magic and all, Marisbury must have gotten the idea from the greater version of ritual, meant to summon the Grands in order to contain a Beast. It did, after all, summon a Grand.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Can the Grail be used to revive a dead person? I don't think so, but I find myself oddly unsure about that.
    Angrail will monkey paw the hell out of it and give you a shell in the shape of the person inside which is 'destruction'. See: Irisviel.

True Grail just gives you infinite juice to do whatever you can do, which happens to be what most Magi are missing. If you can do something very special, like True Magic, it can let you do something very spiffy with it, like grabbing Shirou's soul as it's leaving his body and put it into a container. But if you're too late and the soul already got disassembled, you're looking for the corner pieces in a 234674574375347 piece puzzle box, if you can even reach into the puzzle box at all. Even if you get it right, it arguably won't be the same person.
    Second and Fifth can give you another version of a person, but it won't be 'your' Shirou. Who knows about the others.

Primate Murder is a program that includes the disassembly, which let him observe and remember what pieces Mashu was made of, I think. That still requires the game to explain how come Mashu also remembers everything despite just apparently being a fresh soul that is the exact same as Mashu, but don't let that ruin the climatic moment.

- - - Updated - - -

(Incidentally, what DID the three great families want to do with the infinite juice? The Tohsaka, of course, want to replicate the Second. The Einzbern presumably want the juice to perforrm something difficult with the Third, maybe create a truly immortal vessel, but we don't really know exactly. What did the Makiri want in the first place? It probably isn't giving a teenage girl enough power to nuke anything with giant curse ghosts.

I guess the Makiri might want to actually step into the portal and try for the Root. The other two already got it.)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Primate Murder is a program that includes the disassembly, which let him observe and remember what pieces Mashu was made of, I think. That still requires the game to explain how come Mashu also remembers everything despite just apparently being a fresh soul that is the exact same as Mashu, but don't let that ruin the climatic moment.
    Mash's will hadn't left the "void" yet (Ars Paulina reality marble?/The imaginary number space?) and since the dead was reversible in that space Primate Murder only needed to infuse her with a bunch of Fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Ah, right. Thanks!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    (Incidentally, what DID the three great families want to do with the infinite juice? The Tohsaka, of course, want to replicate the Second. The Einzbern presumably want the juice to perforrm something difficult with the Third, maybe create a truly immortal vessel, but we don't really know exactly. What did the Makiri want in the first place? It probably isn't giving a teenage girl enough power to nuke anything with giant curse ghosts.

I guess the Makiri might want to actually step into the portal and try for the Root. The other two already got it.)
    How 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ubw season 2 blu-ray draft scripts
    Justeaze could only use the third magic on one human over a period of decades. Therefore, using Justeaze as a frame, they would create a "greater" magic formula and save many humans at once.
    The plan was to disassemble her magic circuits and replace them with a magic formula, creating a humanoid universe - the great grail.

But Einzbern alone could not start this project.
    They were no more than dolls. They had no way to live in the outside world, and they couldn't handle the complexity of human society.
    To create the great grail and reproduce the third magic, they needed understanding and cooperative humans.

Then, in the year 1800, a guest arrived at the winter castle that had continued to produce homunculi.
    Makiri Zolken. A magus who had devoted his life to eliminating all the evils of the world, the evils of humanity.
    (At this point, Zolken was mostly disillusoned. He knew it was about time to give up, but calling on Einzbern was his last hope. He met Justeaze, and felt a complicated mix of emotions - hope towards fulfilling his ambition, jealousy at her ability to use the third magic, and pity for Justeaze's eternal youth causing her to "repeat the same day".)

With Makiri's understanding and Tohsaka's cooperation, Einzbern began to create the great grail.
    However, once they started, they determined that Justeaze alone was not enough.
    They could create a great grail. They could create its core. However, to operate it they would need vast amounts of magical energy, and a lesser grail to control it.
    Makiri and Tohsaka devised a ritual to collect magical energy using Justeaze's ability to connect with the root: the grail war.
    Despite being unable to reproduce Justeaze, Einzbern created a lesser grail with similar abilities to hers.
    The infinite juice was to make sure that as many people got hit by the Third as possible.
    Tohsaka thought it'd be pretty cool to watch something like that happen.
    Amakusa was the true inheritor of the founders' intention.
    Last edited by You; April 16th, 2021 at 07:42 PM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    wait

this is literally just what the Servant Universe is, isn't it, that's what happens when they get it right

damn

I'm still sitting on the theory that if there are no three great families and Third Magic and all, Marisbury must have gotten the idea from the greater version of ritual, meant to summon the Grands in order to contain a Beast. It did, after all, summon a Grand.
    To expand on this a bit, seeing the recent development in Arcade. I mean that Marisbury's original goal could have always been to contain 'VII of the end', and undoing the Singularities (or beating up the Grand involved in sealing him) woke him up, leading to Gilgamesh's comment in Salomon. In Arcade, he may have summoned Nero instead... or, Arcade is some variation of Prototype continuity, which is why Beast of Revelation was the Beast Marisbury was trying to contain there.
    Last edited by Ratman; April 16th, 2021 at 07:52 PM.

US Friend Code
    He mentions the Einzberns and Third Magic when Solomon asks him what his wish is, so the three families still seem to have made GO's Fuyuki Grail.

https://grandorder.wiki/Solomon/Story
    Marisbury
    Do you understand? I will not activate the Greater Grail. The Third Magic means nothing to me.

Marisbury
    As the head of the Animusphere family and chairman of the Astromancy division... I must reach the Root in my own unique way.

Marisbury
    It's preposterous to ask me to rely on other mages' theories. The miracle proposed by the Einzbern family...

Marisbury
    ...The materialization of souls and the growth of humanity... I have no intention of being part of such fantasies.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arcade is some variation of Prototype continuity, which is why Beast of Revelation was the Beast Marisbury was trying to contain there.
    The new OP did spend a lot of time on proto-Merlin

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    To expand on this a bit, seeing the recent development in Arcade. I mean that Marisbury's original goal could have always been to contain 'VII of the end', and undoing the Singularities (or beating up the Grand involved in sealing him) woke him up, leading to Gilgamesh's comment in Salomon. In Arcade, he may have summoned Nero instead... or, Arcade is some variation of Prototype continuity, which is why Beast of Revelation was the Beast Marisbury was trying to contain there.
    So maybe the change is what servant Marisbury summoned in his war then? Unless Romani just died off screen sometime after the war.

As for the 'VII of the end', what aspect of Beast VII are you talking about exactly? Isn't it that there can be multiple Beast VII's and that Douman almost became another one? And from what he was saying, you can only be Beast VII once you've emerged from a Fantasy Tree. It seems unlikely that this happened in the past, since the trees seem to require the world to bleached first.

And when you say 'sealing him' do you mean the incident where all 7 grands showed up to fight that one Beast?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by World material - FAQ with Nasu: Miscellaneous, p.136
    Q: Who would be stronger if Servants fought the 27 Ancestors? Servant's also have superhuman battle ability, but the 27 Ancestors are also superhuman monsters.... I got the impression that ORT, Primate Murder, Altrouge Brunestud, and so on were obviously stronger than Servants.

A: All I can is they're both powerful.... They're both beings that live in mystery, so the only thing that can be said is that it all depends on the situation the moment it comes done to ""having the means of killing the other guy somehow". Among those, Earth rules won't even apply to ORT in the first place and Primate Murder has the super advantage against primates so they're in a league of their own, I suppose. Speaking of which, for one Primate Murder, seven Guardians would be the appropriate amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comptiq 2005-09 issue - Fate Dojo Q & A
    Q: About the power comparison between Arc and Servants, would the Arc being compared be the 30% one or the full one?
    A: That would be the 30% Arc. It takes 7 Counter Guardians to control the Primate Murder and the Servants of the Grail War are based on these.
    That's a pretty specific number, so the idea would be that the original ritual in the first place, no matter who is ripping it off, is supposed to deal with a Beast. We've seen regular Counterforce be pretty ineffective at doing that on its own, maybe because Beasts have a human tint to them. What would Grands be good for otherwise anyway, stand in the Throne and be really shiny?

When Goetia is defeated, Gilgamesh comments before fading out that doing this will wake up Beast VII. Now, why would it? Clearly Goetia, or Solomon's circumstances in the original Grail War, were stopping it from manifesting it somehow.

A bit of an odd factor, of course, is the fact that Grands lose their status for acting, even if the act is fighting a Beast, which in this case would be their job. Maybe they just fulfilled their purpose and that's why the status is gone?

maybe if the beasts phenomenon somehow happens again (i doubt it) the CF doesn't want them knowing or being specifically kitted against pre-owned grands (except big hassan)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

When Goetia is defeated, Gilgamesh comments before fading out that doing this will wake up Beast VII. Now, why would it?
    “The latter. I turned tail and ran right at the front of the door, so I don’t know what gramps’ true motive was.”

“The same circumstances as the First Magic, eh. Karma must have it coming for you. I heard the Second to Fourth were created to reach that place. It’s common for those to hate their own kind. Let’s hope it does not come down to you and the First consuming one another. But, a gate you say. So inheriting magic is similar to inheriting a path, huh. Then, Ymir’s entrance was here wasn’t it?”
    to do what GO does best, reuse a plot device

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    to do what GO does best, reuse a plot device
    Uhm what. That is foreshadowing of Aoko fighting the current user of the First in the next Mahoyos because magicians with similar nature hate each other, how in the world is related to VII manifesting when I is defeated.
    Last edited by Herod; April 17th, 2021 at 06:45 PM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.