Page 7520 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 652070207420747075107515751875197520752175227525753075707620 ... LastLast
Results 150,381 to 150,400 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Fumei used "ruler of the Earth".
    Is it supposed to be an odd title, or is their much ambiguity in it?

Anyway looking over Solomon's mats, it said that he basically allowed humanity to perform 'magic' after the age of gods. Is this 'true magic' or 'magecraft'? And for Ars Nova it says that it is a means to destroy 'magic' as well. Again which one is this? And more importantly, what are the consequences of that? It doesn't seem like magecraft has stopped so does that mean true magics have stopped working or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    It literally means "head of state", which is why I just put it as "ruler" for now. Prime minister is a bit out there, but we don't know what specific reason she has for saying that instead of straight up saying she's the king of the earth or literal ruler or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Anyway looking over Solomon's mats, it said that he basically allowed humanity to perform 'magic' after the age of gods. Is this 'true magic' or 'magecraft'? And for Ars Nova it says that it is a means to destroy 'magic' as well. Again which one is this? And more importantly, what are the consequences of that? It doesn't seem like magecraft has stopped so does that mean true magics have stopped working or something?
    Magecraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It literally means "head of state", which is why I just put it as "ruler" for now. Prime minister is a bit out there, but we don't know what specific reason she has for saying that instead of straight up saying she's the king of the earth or literal ruler or whatever.
    Falla used sovereign, so I don't know where the prime minister stuff comes from tbh.

Sovereign is definitely better imo, might just use that going forward. But yeah, I remember seeing the prime minister thing somewhere around release but can't remember where, and it really is kinda weird.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm personally more partial to Prime Minister because it better accentuates how modern of a word (国家)元首 is, and ties more clearly to U-Olga's stated goal of unifying Earth as a single nation under her possession, assumedly with most of the implications of how a modern nation functions, again, due her picking 20th century word when dozens of more ancient-sounding options are available. Though sovereign can be considered more accurate, in a drier, rawer sense.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    As for a different topic or rather just headcannon speculation, I was thinking about how Archer Napoleon is a bit the same as Devils, being the embodiment of wishes. And it just so happens that Ophelia, the one he is responding to, has an eye that uses the Sixth Imaginary Element, the things Devils are made of. Might it be then that Napoleon is actually a 'good' devil of sorts and that that's the reason we didn't get the 'proper' Napoleon? I suspect her eye is what made her connect to Sutr, the devil of another culture as well, and made him want to fulfil Ophelia's wishes, even if in a twisted way (as per the course of most Devils that've shown up). Or do I have it completely wrong?
    If you’re interested in True Devils, you should read the “Holmes/EXTRA” fantheory document, which Comun actually partially wrote. https://docs.google.com/document/u/0...LlEYdm2nWiNhk/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'm personally more partial to Prime Minister because it better accentuates how modern of a word (国家)元首 is, and ties more clearly to U-Olga's stated goal of unifying Earth as a single nation under her possession, assumedly with most of the implications of how a modern nation functions, again, due her picking 20th century word when dozens of more ancient-sounding options are available. Though sovereign can be considered more accurate, in a drier, rawer sense.
    Führer
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

True about the modernity of it, which might end up being very relevant, but what gets me is that "prime minister" does not conjure up images of a unified earth under a single nation. It brings to mind like, some independent country or something.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Head of State, perhaps? Or just Leader, even.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Führer
    Does this count as Godwin's law?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Leader ties in with alien memes and her goofy appearance so I support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Head of State, perhaps? Or just Leader, even.
    "Head of State of Earth" sounds awful, I would argue
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Head of the Earthian State sounds perfectly ridiculous to me.

supreme leader

- - - Updated - - -

✓ modern
    ✓ autocratic
    ✓ star wars
    ✓ meme

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Does Altera have a super mode like the others then? Or is that her Velber mode?

Is there any connection to the three Japanese regalia, like is it saying that they work in a similar way?

As for a different topic or rather just headcannon speculation, I was thinking about how Archer Napoleon is a bit the same as Devils, being the embodiment of wishes. And it just so happens that Ophelia, the one he is responding to, has an eye that uses the Sixth Imaginary Element, the things Devils are made of. Might it be then that Napoleon is actually a 'good' devil of sorts and that that's the reason we didn't get the 'proper' Napoleon? I suspect her eye is what made her connect to Sutr, the devil of another culture as well, and made him want to fulfil Ophelia's wishes, even if in a twisted way (as per the course of most Devils that've shown up). Or do I have it completely wrong?
    If that was the case they could've just straight up used Siegfried who is basically a holy grail person too.

Nothingness (無, Mu?)In magecraft, it is defined as that "which is not possible, but materializes", contrasting Hollow which is defined as that "which is possible but not in the physical plane". It has a different meaning than the "nothing" of physics and math.

Has Nothingness as defined in CM3 ever appeared in any capacity? (or has Type Moon Wiki probably missed something and it has to do with Demon hours?)

Ether Clumps maybe?

In that case, it'll be touched upon whenever Nasu decides to do something with the First Magic.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If it already appeared somewhere, it did without us being explicitly told that’s what it was. Btw, is this entry machine translated? It kinda feels like it is with how the wording seems to intentionally avoid a proper parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarfDyedShadow View Post
    Nothingness (無, Mu?)In magecraft, it is defined as that "which is not possible, but materializes", contrasting Hollow which is defined as that "which is possible but not in the physical plane". It has a different meaning than the "nothing" of physics and math.

Has Nothingness as defined in CM3 ever appeared in any capacity? (or has Type Moon Wiki probably missed something and it has to do with Demon hours?)

Something that should not exist, yet does.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, is this entry machine translated? It kinda feels like it is with how the wording seems to intentionally avoid a proper parallel.
    No.