Page 7721 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 672172217621767177117716771977207721772277237726773177717821 ... LastLast
Results 154,401 to 154,420 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBeastVIII View Post
    so those infinite spaces and universes are just simulations, right?

Goetia's incineration burnt the planet's surface layer, it didn't do anything to w/e in the outerspace.
    Right? the greek texture contains stars which wodime uses in his astrology? My theory all these stars / planets are conceptual , like ishtar's venus and different from their real life counterparts and based on the world's interpretation of the stars/planets and that is why they all can be destroyed so easily by planet level attacks.
    They are the real stars as they looked in the greek texture. They are not more real or fake than the ones in the modern world.

No, real stars i know, but based on greek interpretation of the stars right?

不死 Undead
    Yes in the same way modern stars are based on modern physics interpretation of what a star is.

Blog Entries
    Ironic considering even the NA version spelled out that the Machine Gods are literal Demiurges.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Goetia's incineration burnt the planet's surface layer, it didn't do anything to w/e in the outerspace. While the combined magic energy from AAS surpasses the energy the planet can create and can pierce through the planet, it was blocked by Mashu's NP which functions purely on conceptual will power. Numbers and raw strength are not the answer to everything, sometimes people can do things because...they can. So if you are trying to scale these feats by using numbers DBZ style, I suggest you don't.
    Actually, it did burn SOME extra bit of the layer below the Age of Man as that's how Scathath died(As the Land of Shadows isn't fully in the Age of Man and Summer 1 shows she's surprised some of her island is even intact) and I believe Ishtar stated that some level of the Underworld was burned by Goetia's AAS.
    Just pointing that out.

JP Friend Code
    Those places are places "outside of the world", different from being part of layers below. The Isle of Skye has connection to the current world, but drifted apart from it to outside of the world. That's the real reason she could be killed, because Goetia caused the end of the "world", which is the condition for her to be killable, and it spreads to these places which are still part of the world, even if they are not located on the exact same "plane" as the surface texture. They are more like pocket dimensions linking to the surface layer than part of a different layer.

If you had good enough magic circuits couldn't you fuck up the entire holy grail war for everyone who wants the grail just by moving out of Fuyuki with your servant?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or with a Zepplin and a hundred Nazi's.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    If you had good enough magic circuits couldn't you fuck up the entire holy grail war for everyone who wants the grail just by moving out of Fuyuki with your servant?
    You can do that... But holy grail is a massive power source. So it's unclear how much power is needed for a servant to stay materialised by it

If you had a bunch of set up you could theoritically do the whole homunculi or something battery

夜属 Nightkin
    Weird question, but is producing magical energy by eating large amounts of normal food something limited to Artoria/Servants, or can normal magi do it too?

I'd assume the former, but it really doesen't seem thematically fitting for this to be a servant ability.

Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    Weird question, but is producing magical energy by eating large amounts of normal food something limited to Artoria/Servants, or can normal magi do it too?

I'd assume the former, but it really doesen't seem thematically fitting for this to be a servant ability.
    Waver in the forest chugging down energy drinks to fuel Iskander with his piddly circuit comes to mind

but if you want to be anatomical about it, converting food to magical energy is probably limited by a human metabolism, so its about digestion of what you eat, not the quantity?

as for it being a "general servant ability" Seiba has her DRAGON REACTOR which makes her a magical energy producing powerhouse, so while in her specific case, she consumes 6 MP to exist and gets 8 back from eating, other servants probably have worse conversion rates like 6 to exist and 1 from eating, so while it slows down fading, its only a drop in a puddle

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Waver in the forest chugging down energy drinks to fuel Iskander with his piddly circuit comes to mind
    I forgot about that, looking at the scene it rather seems like it was more like he was doing it to deal with the physical exhaustion of providing magical energy, as he also mentions having to sleep all day after having drunk several. So I dont think he was actually converting those himself.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    as for it being a "general servant ability" Seiba has her DRAGON REACTOR which makes her a magical energy producing powerhouse, so while in her specific case, she consumes 6 MP to exist and gets 8 back from eating, other servants probably have worse conversion rates like 6 to exist and 1 from eating, so while it slows down fading, its only a drop in a puddle
    Her Dragon core wasn't actually producing any energy at that point because of her lacking connection to Shirou, he notices it when he lets Saber take a third of his circuits and mentions how he needs to provide energy himself to her to activate the core. So I assume her body really was just converting the energy from the food rather than using her own magical capacity.

I swallow my breath that I do not need.
    I stare at the full scenery.
    This is Saber’s Magic Circuit.
    Her heart that exceeds humans and is fundamentally different from ours which is imagined from lines and circuits.
    This place is a reactor core. If a magus’s body is a machine which creates magical energy, this place is a factory which creates magical energy.

But the core isn’t active.
    The starting key to make the core turn- the source of energy to provide the first turn is not there.
    There is such a great amount of magical energy and an enormous magical core, but there isn’t enough magical energy to activate the core.
    It rises to the surface.

The stalled sea of gasoline.
    No matter how much undiluted magical energy there is, it’s meaningless without a fire to burn it. It doesn’t matter how small the fire is. This core will resume activity once the path to send magical energy is connected
    https://fatestaynight.vnovel.org/fat...day/18#page100

idk, the dragon scene you are quoting was added 2 years later. the 2 years before that there was no mention of her dragon core being off (dont even know if there was a mention of her dragon core in the first place mind you since im not THAT deep into the lore)

So what determines if a noble phantasm is a divine construct or not? I feel like logically Excalibur Galatine, Harpe, and Rule Breaker should be divine constructs but apparently they're not.

My guess is it has to be strictly made by non-human entities? I dont think magical materials is what qualifies it otherwise Cu's sphere is a divine construct

- - - Updated - - -

Are saint graphs still exclusive to just Servants or any magical being, alive or not, theoretically has a saint graph?

FGO really made this part confusing for me. I dont know what's gameplay and what's lore

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what determines if a noble phantasm is a divine construct or not? I feel like logically Excalibur Galatine, Harpe, and Rule Breaker should be divine constructs but apparently they're not.
    Galatine and Harpe are never claimed to be Divine Contrusts, but there's no indication that they aren't. This is not a thing that needs to be stated every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Are saint graphs still exclusive to just Servants or any magical being, alive or not, theoretically has a saint graph?
    I don't think we ever got a proper explanation on Saint Graphs, but usage examples with Shi Huang, fae, etc. indicates that all bodies that aren't flesh are Saint Graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Galatine and Harpe are never claimed to be Divine Contrusts, but there's no indication that they aren't. This is not a thing that needs to be stated every time.
    It's debatable whether or not Galatine is a divine construct (Mumei does project it in the moon cell but that's a special case) but at the very least Harpe seems all but confirmed to not be a divine construct. Gil has it in his treasury when Ea and Enkidu are supposed to be the only divine constructs in there and its one of the weapons Shirou records when he downloads UBW knowledge from Archer's arm. I think its also been mentioned somewhere in an interview that EMIYA can project Harpe so its likely not a divine construct. Also since Rule Breaker is literally Medea's divinity its kind of odd that its not also a divine construct.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rule Breaker can't be a Divine Construct because it's not a construct at all, it's Medea's legend and divinity abstracted as a Noble Phantasm. There is no real dagger that looks like that, or if there is, it's the perfectly ordinary knife she used to butcher her brother. UBW simply can project abstract Noble Phantasms, as long as they're sword-shaped enough.

US Friend Code
    It's debatable whether or not Galatine is a divine construct (Mumei does project it in the moon cell but that's a special case) but at the very least Harpe seems all but confirmed to not be a divine construct. Gil has it in his treasury when Ea and Enkidu are supposed to be the only divine constructs in there and its one of the weapons Shirou records when he downloads UBW knowledge from Archer's arm. I think its also been mentioned somewhere in an interview that EMIYA can project Harpe so its likely not a divine construct. Also since Rule Breaker is literally Medea's divinity its kind of odd that its not also a divine construct.
    On the other hand though Harpe was originally Zeus's (Case Files says he wielded it against Typhon), so if a weapon used by a god isn't a divine construct then what even does decide what makes one?