Page 7501 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 650170017401745174917496749975007501750275037506751175517601 ... LastLast
Results 150,001 to 150,020 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I think the causality-reversal is a technique Cu invented himself.
    Yeah, it's something to do with his relation to Balor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    considering Case Files Adventures dipping its toes into chinese stuff. Might get an actual answer for that in the coming years.
    I thought we kinda sorta got an answer with Assassin Li Shuwen's invisibility technique, which can avoid thaumaturgical sensing, but not other forms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    You need a true name at the very least, before any specific complications, Lancelot can't even speak. Maybe he can activate Clarent to 1/3 of its power because he can say 'Arthur'.

I am reminded of Message's old jokes about Shinji stealing Ea and using it because anyone can use Ea because it doesn't have a name
    Saber Lancelot is a thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I thought we kinda sorta got an answer with Assassin Li Shuwen's invisibility technique, which can avoid thaumaturgical sensing, but not other forms?
    is a servant swinging a sword at you magecraft since it uses magical energy
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    is a servant swinging a sword at you magecraft since it uses magical energy
    Point taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Saber Lancelot is a thing.
    If he actually has Knight of Eisenhower and knows the name, I guess nothing would stop him from using it, if Mandricardo can use Durindana and Shirou can Excaliblast. Similarly, David's ability to steal a NP would not be worth very much if he couldn't activate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise you've got ID-tagged servants carrying ID-tagged Noble Phantasms fighting proxy Grail Wars for proxy masters. When everything is under total control, Holy Grail War becomes boring as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Do note, Gae Bolg Activation is probably Striking Death Flight.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, it's something to do with his relation to Balor.
    If anything, it’s about his weird connection to the Norse Gods, because its causality reversal is compared to Gungnir’s sure-hit ability in its F/sn description. FGO even gives an Ignore Evasion effect to Gungnir when it shows up as Valkyrie’s NP

Mandy actually wielded Durandal in life. Shirou gets experiences / memories / information / whatever when he projects stuff. Saberlot presumably does not, all he gains is "ownership".
    I never took David's ability to be for taking an NP and then using it yourself like KoO rather than denying the enemy use of their tools.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'd assume Lancelot gets to use the weapon's inbuilt function. He'd have to come up with any techniques himself.

So, no Gae Bolg stabby, yes Gae Bolg tossy.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    K, but what about Diarmuid's lances then? I don't recall him saying their names every time he used their abilities (though I've only seen the anime), and given how he had to break one to lift the curse rather than just turn it off, feels like it's just an aspect of the weapon that anyone would be able to use if they could wield it.

True Name usage is inconsistent and all over the place, don't think too hard about it

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Rather than inconsistent, think of it as working on a case-by-case basis.
    Herakles didn't need to yell "GOD HAAAAAAAAAAAAND" to become invulnerable, after all.

JP Friend Code
    The real question is what NPs need a chant and what just need the name, nowadays

Curse you FGO

US Friend Code
    Whether a chant is required or not depends on how dramatic the scene is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    K, but what about Diarmuid's lances then? I don't recall him saying their names every time he used their abilities (though I've only seen the anime), and given how he had to break one to lift the curse rather than just turn it off, feels like it's just an aspect of the weapon that anyone would be able to use if they could wield it.
    This is explained in Zero Vol 1.
    You can split NP activations into 2 categories.
    Exposing one's Noble Phantasm can have two different kinds of effects.

One type is the demonstration of the large power of one's deadliest move as they announce its true name. Take Saber's ultimate secret move. She has "Excalibur • the Sword of Promised Victory" currently protected behind a bounded field of invisibility, but if she throws away the camouflage and shouts its true name, her sacred sword would shoot a stream of light that can mow down a thousand soldiers. As it truly is an anti-fortress Noble Phantasm that can turn the ground into scorched earth, it cannot be used just like that but as a last step.

Along with that, there can also be how the weapon already carries the nature of a Noble Phantasm. In Saber's case, her "Invisible Air • Barrier of the Wind King" is an example. That alone doesn't have the capacity to annihilate the enemy; it is more a Noble Phantasm suitable in battle as a "sharp tool". It isn't particularly used for strength, but to put it differently it is easier to use, and a trump card that can bring victory if used well.

And so, Lancer's red spear is—

Probably, the latter. So said Saber's intuition. Lancer will keep exchanging continuous blows with Saber. She doesn't suspect the next strike to be decisive for the fight.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Herakles didn't need to yell "GOD HAAAAAAAAAAAAND" to become invulnerable, after all.
    Mostly case-by-case but there are inconsistencies. The most egregious is that UBW anime tweet where Nasu said you need to call out Rule Breaker to activate it and they only didn't do that in the anime because it'd ruin the flow of action.
    Yet, whenever Rule Breaker is used in the VN the True Name is never called out.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post

Maybe that's what his untranslated shouts are? Maybe GOD HAND is all that he's saying throughout all of Fate?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    This is explained in Zero Vol 1.
    You can split NP activations into 2 categories.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly case-by-case but there are inconsistencies. The most egregious is that UBW anime tweet where Nasu said you need to call out Rule Breaker to activate it and they only didn't do that in the anime because it'd ruin the flow of action.
    Yet, whenever Rule Breaker is used in the VN the True Name is never called out.
    Cheers, I gathered it was the case but it's good to know. It still begs the question of if Lancelot could use it if he picked it up, or if anyone else could for that matter. I don't imagine the latter would be true, but then what exactly would would it do if someone else picked it up?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That’s Nanako not the spear.
    Ah, thanks. I'm not well versed on the Tsukihime side of things, I am a pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Otherwise you've got ID-tagged servants carrying ID-tagged Noble Phantasms fighting proxy Grail Wars for proxy masters. When everything is under total control, Holy Grail War becomes boring as hell.
    "Okay Lancelot. S.O.P. Procure-on-site. Enemy have Five-Five-Sixers and Pineapples, but they're all ID-tagged, so you'll have to find weapons that haven't been registered yet..."

"ARRRRRRTHUUUUUUUUUUR!"

"Lancelot? Lancelot?! LANCELOOOOOOOOT?!"

*And now for something completely different*

I'm working my way through Scandinavia in GO EN, and they say Skadi isn't a divine spirit or a god who has returned to nature, but just a straight up god. I get what they mean by returned to nature, seems to be a common sorta theme for personification in Japanese media, but I thought Divine spirits were just straight up gods, so what's the difference between Skadi and the likes of say Mars who occasionally shoots a space laser right at Altera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For most mythologies, gods were gods until Altera showed and destroyed their physical bodies, reducing them to Divine Spirits. Norse is an exception, where they managed to dodge Sefar and only lost their physical bodies on Ragnarok in 1000BC. LB2's divergence point is that their Ragnarok had a survivor, Skadi, who preserved her divine body until 2018.

JP Friend Code
    LB2 divergence also has Surtr go above and beyond the Scandinavian texture

Also did Skadi really preserve her Divine Body if Odin ejected her into Scathach

I don't know if it's an appropriate question for here, but ...

When did the joke start that Shirou is a harem protagonist capable of attracting countless girls unconsciously?

I know the joke originally came from Hollow Ataraxia, but it seems to intensify over time and since even Case files have that joke, it seems the writers have made it canonical that wherever he is, shenanigans of the harem will happen.

So when exactly do you think it happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.