Page 7492 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 649269927392744274827487749074917492749374947497750275427592 ... LastLast
Results 149,821 to 149,840 of 157501

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Until FGO finally gives Medea some real screen time and it turns out that her brother is just as crazy and was the one to suggest it so that he could help out his beloved onee-sama.

You want whitewashing? You have Paris.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Oh gods yes, trying to make him out as some hero saving Helen from the brute Menelaus.

I mean, he wasn't a GREAT husband in source material, but Paris was no innocent savior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Oh gods yes, trying to make him out as some hero saving Helen from the brute Menelaus.

I mean, he wasn't a GREAT husband in source material, but Paris was no innocent savior.
    Sadly paris apologism is very common in general these days.

On the flip side you have Theseus vilification and downplaying too as a common thing these days.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What's been around longer, Paris apologism or downplaying Agammemnon's combat prowess

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    What's been around longer, Paris apologism or downplaying Agammemnon's combat prowess
    the latter def (3:53)

don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    You want whitewashing? You have Paris.
    I still hope it is a Rashomon situation.

Hello everyone, quick question.
    In what way does using magecraft often change the body? Like why did emiyas hair turn white? Stuff like that. Thanks in advance for any answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    bold of you to assume people have read the thing.

Aggy being so huge and amazing at throwing that they go it’s a no contest because he’s here in those funeral games is still hilarious.

But yeah it turns out the old generation of heroes is hot shit even in retirement.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    Hello everyone, quick question.
    In what way does using magecraft often change the body? Like why did emiyas hair turn white? Stuff like that. Thanks in advance for any answers
    The human body isn't made for magecraft so using it too much will warp it.

See the Archer summoning scene in the FSN prologue:

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2002/

Also all the times Shirou trains/uses magecraft/hurts himself throughout the game.
    don't quote me on this

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    And here I thought Archer just turned out that way because Alaya-chan has a type (looking at you, Chokita and Kerrysassin)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    On one hand Medea is a waifu, then on the other hand she drops casual bombs of like "Yeah, siblings should be a strength to you."

hint hint I cut up my brother onee-san.

F/HA social conversations are a hell of a drug.

Whitewashing exists, but sometimes they don't shy away and that used to be pretty cool. I guess the problem is that the line between sympathetic and innocent is a line finely tred in fiction often to begin with, and it's not something that usually goes well in a low-detail surface work like a gacha that's also doing its best to sell likeability for money in characters.
    *shrug*
    Medusa still says that she is a monster most of the time. People also waifu monsters and amoral characters, so its basically apples to oranges, as many of the characters show darker sides to their personalities, with either some of the more heroic types.
    Saying they are just "whitewashed" is sometimes coming across as disingenuous, because the obvious darker nature is shown through. Medusa for instance always, to the point of it being almost a meme, says that she is a monster, dislikes humans, likes to drink blood, etc. Not like she was tricking a person into thinking she was sunshine and rainbows. That she is not a rabid dog that is pouncing on everyone in sight isn't exactly tricking you that she is just a cute waifu.
    Medea and Medea Lily have always been shown to be fucked up, hell, you don't even need the interlude for that. If anything, if a female character has a darker side, they go ham on that at some point in FGO.

What's a magic formula exactly?
    Thanks in advance for any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    What's a magic formula exactly?
    Thanks in advance for any answers.
    A formula (術式) is for all intents and purposes the same thing as just a spell (though I don't know if there's any meaningful distinction in terms of complexity or whatever, but there isn't that I can recall right now at least). It's translated as such, as far as I know, to fit with the mathematical explanation of magic given in mahoyo.

Phenomena that can be made possible by human hands, realized with the power of a single person―――These are the general workings of magic.
    Put more simply, it would be possible for Aoko, if she so desired, to transport a huge lake to this residence.
    However, bringing something into this world that does not exist, even something as small as the tip of a finger, is not allowed.

For example, even if she was able to release an amount of energy equivalent to the heat from the afterburner of an F-15 fighter jet with her body alone, it would simply be because, thanks to a magic formula, the circuit called Aozaki Aoko had temporarily become an input variable. 
    The derived solution is thus in itself a numerical value able to occur in reality.
    However, in the case that the solution is in itself something that does not exist in reality, the formula proves invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Imaginary numbers are different from the IRL math concept correct? or has he connected the two

well, last time i looked into it, Imaginary Numbers(Math) is just the square root of minus 1 √-1 its imaginary cuz positive numbers multiplied by themselves result in a positive number and negative numbers multiplied by themselves also result in a positive number
    so the solution was to create a new axis on the Negative Positive line of numbers, this new axis could be called a "new dimension", and thats as close as i got to Imaginary Numbers (Math) being associated to Imaginary Numbers (magecraft) ability to create pocket dimensions.
    Then again this is Nasuverse and Imaginary numbers(magecraft) could just be a representative name in reference to hidden/unused/undiscovered dimensions. I dont think we even know if every use of Imaginary Numbers(magecraft) sends its content to its unique dimension or everyone is floating in the same dimension that houses primordial Tiamat

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We know at least the pocket dimension the Outer Gods are trying to use as road to Earth is the same pocket dimension we use to enter Lostbelts.

Imaginary numbers are just an Evangelion reference.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Imaginary numbers are just an Evangelion reference.
    do you mind explaining? cuz i cant remember off the top of my head.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    do you mind explaining? cuz i cant remember off the top of my head.
    In episode 16 of Neon Genesis Evangelion, the protagonist is pulled into the "shadow" of one of the monsters. This shadow is something like a pocket dimension, and the show calls it a Dirac Sea (because lol technobabble). Its usage in NGE isn't terribly different from how "imaginary numbers" is used in Heaven's Feel, I guess, and they're both gross misrepresentations of maths/physics that just take the general concept and run with it.