Page 7554 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 655470547454750475447549755275537554755575567559756476047654 ... LastLast
Results 151,061 to 151,080 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    The question is if any other Servant's godlike/transcendent swordplay could somehow counter it, and also, since Saber was able to dodge with Instinct, what about other Servants with Eye of the Mind (False) or similar such skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kojiro held of Her, so...
    Counter or dodging it physically? No, and that's the whole point. He is cheating by distorting time-space so you cannot do anything about it.

The only way to counter it would be through other Mysteries or distorting Causality (which is what Instinct is).

I was kind of getting at you can probably "counter" it by face-tanking it if you are a good Servant.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So basically, if someone else's swordplay could also distort causality, they could find a way out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

So basically, if someone else's swordplay could also distort causality, they could find a way out?
    Theoretically yes.

Realistically no.

It is made pretty clear that frank Destiny-interference/distortion of Causality is realm of the divine. See god weapons like Gae Bolg and Fragarach.

I thought we had a few of those, or at least Musashi.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I thought we had a few of those, or at least Musashi.
    Not physically with regular sword play though. It's like a paradox. If one of your techniques results in Destiny-interference, it would become a Noble Phantasm, thus not "regular sword play". See the example of Gae Bolg.

Musashi would have to use Noble Phantasm, which is what I am getting at. You have to counter Tsubame Gaeshi with Mystery or Destiny-Interference.

Sabre countered it with regular sword play, which is unusual. However, in her case Tsubame Gaeshi was not launched in full or in ideal circumstances.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; September 20th, 2021 at 10:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's not the fairest example because Musashi is sorta defined by winning against Kojirou. She has a Skill that practically just says "Not hit by Tsubame Gaeshi".

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Empyrean Eye. Though if they're by themselves, without third party to observe, they're doomed to fight forever.

The way they're described; TG let Kojiro branched the event into three possible paths, and EE made it so that only one path, the one Musashi wanted, will happen, which then TG branched into three paths again. It's a neverending loop.

EDIT: Oh. He's talking about Voidless. Welp, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; September 20th, 2021 at 10:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Empyrean Eye. Though if they're by themselves, without third party to observe, they're doomed to fight forever.

The way they're described; TG let Kojiro branched the event into three possible paths, and EE made it so that only one path, the one Musashi wanted, will happen, which then TG branched into three paths again. It's a neverending loop.
    That is not what Comun is referring to. It's this skill:

Voidless : A

The highest rank a swordsman can attain. The ultimate mental state. Equivalent to the Yagyuu Shikage-ryuu’s Suigetsu.
    Becoming voidless is, consequently, becoming invincible. Only a swordsman who has achieved mental Infinity can perceive voidlessness.
    Not even a slash that uses the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon can reach someone voidless.

The question is if any other Servant's godlike/transcendent swordplay could somehow counter it, and also, since Saber was able to dodge with Instinct, what about other Servants with Eye of the Mind (False) or similar such skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kojiro held of Herc, so...
    Tis impressive, but he held off Herc with Medea debuffing Herc and having the territory advantage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Counter or dodging it physically? No, and that's the whole point. He is cheating by distorting time-space so you cannot do anything about it.

The only way to counter it would be through other Mysteries or distorting Causality (which is what Instinct is).

I was kind of getting at you can probably "counter" it by face-tanking it if you are a good Servant.
    Well, Artoria is a very tanky servant who can reduce a lot of damage with Mana Burst, with Knight of the Round super armor.

I feel like if your criteria for facetanking is people who can ignore Tsubame Gaeshi then it's kind of hard.

Most cases of servants being able to tank attacks doesn't come from like, tanking hits without any mitigation. Even karna's armor won't save you from Noble Phantasms and such given that Saber Alter gets defeated and practically killed by 10% of Bellerophon Pegasus's charge for example.

Besides, there have to be a few Servants good enough to at least mitigate the damage TG can do through sheer skill, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Tis impressive, but he held off Herc with Medea debuffing Herc and having the territory advantage too.

Well, Artoria is a very tanky servant who can reduce a lot of damage with Mana Burst, with Knight of the Round super armor.

I feel like if your criteria for facetanking is people who can ignore Tsubame Gaeshi then it's kind of hard.

Most cases of servants being able to tank attacks doesn't come from like, tanking hits without any mitigation. Even karna's armor won't save you from Noble Phantasms and such given that Saber Alter gets defeated and practically killed by 10% of Bellerophon Pegasus's charge for example.
    Again though, I think you are giving Tsubame Gaeshi too much credit.

At the end of the day, it's 3 sword stabs. Even 10% of Bellerophon is way more powerful than it, because you are getting rammed by a Phantasmal Beast and getting hosed with high rank anti-army magnitude effect.

The gimmick of Tsubame Gaeshi is the Magic level phenomenon, not overwhelming damage.

You can argue that "the hits are all aiming for the face", but then again most anime hits are aiming for the face and people don't seem to die.
    It's a neat trick that works well in very specific circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, there have to be a few Servants good enough to at least mitigate the damage TG can do through sheer skill, right?
    Probably ya, but the idea is that you are getting stabbed at least once.

The hope is that you don't die like a bitch from the stab that gets you.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    m e d e a l i l y
    Wow, I 100% forgot she existed. I guess that's all that needs to be said about the healing meta.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

All you really need is to be able to manipulate three swords. One to block each simultaneous strike.
    Sounds like a job for a JK.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I don't know if this has been asked already, so sorry for a repeat if it has. Is UBW able to copy highly advance melee weapons like the lightsaber or for something that looks more like a sword, the power sword from Warhammer 40k? I'm new to the franchise and my friends said this is the forum for fans of the nasuverse.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    That idea asks the question of where Shirou's knowledge about things comes from. He looks at things and understands them before copying them, this is practically a supernatural ability that's like a passive factor of UBW existing in him, which enables it to function.

Judging by the fact that Ea and Excalibur can't be copied, and the explanation given (that they are completely external objects to humanity), we must thus ask whether that refers to 20th century humanity, or any humanity including Notes-like scenarios so that Shirou could copy Knight Arms, or Earth-native humanity specifically, or 'Shirou's conception of humanity'.

A harsh answer would be that magecraft would not function in spess in the first place, so Shirou would never get to try. My answer in a magical christmas land scenario where Shirou wakes up on the Holy Terra would be that Shirou would have an easier time projecting a lightsaber than projecting a powersword, because Star Wars is just a fairy tale in spess whereas 40k presents humanity that's quite far from what Shirou could even imagine. He might have a similar reaction to Aeldari swords as he does to Ea.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously this assumes that the scientific theory behind a powersword and a lightsaber is sound in the first place, he projected a pretty obscure thing in the Gem Sword after all.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    After Emiya popped out a pizza oven I'm inclined to say Maybe, Assuming He Saw A Real One. At the end of the day it's a special crystal inside a bunch of fiddly bits, yeah? So it's like a fancier Balmung or Sword of Paracelsus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Shirou was able to project Jeweled Sword Zelretch even if it was an inferior version in HF, and he said how alien or advance it is I forgot which, and he did say how he has zero idea on how it work but was still able to project it does give some evidence to how effective UBW is even when the person using it has zero idea how the weapon works.

Shirou is unable to project Ea because it predates the concept of a weapon or much of anything, for that matter, and Excalibur is a Divine Construct, and Shirou can't really copy those. Archer claimed he might be able to project Excalibur, but that it'd kill him, so it might be less of a conceptual limitation in that case and more a magical energy one. Also, Caliburn and Excalibur might be special cases for Shirou considering his connection to Avalon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinom View Post
    Shirou was able to project Jeweled Sword Zelretch even if it was an inferior version in HF, and he said how alien or advance it is I forgot which, and he did say how he has zero idea on how it work but was still able to project it does give some evidence to how effective UBW is even when the person using it has zero idea how the weapon works.
    That’s always seemed a bit strange to me since HF Shirou thinks that his copy of the Jeweled Sword was a failure which should have caused the sword to break based on his projections in the other routes.

Unless Archer’s superior skills means that his projections no longer break when they don’t match his image.

JP Friend Code
    Shirou is unable to project Ea because it predates the concept of a weapon or much of anything, for that matter, and Excalibur is a Divine Construct, and Shirou can't really copy those. Archer claimed he might be able to project Excalibur, but that it'd kill him, so it might be less of a conceptual limitation in that case and more a magical energy one. Also, Caliburn and Excalibur might be special cases for Shirou considering his connection to Avalon.
    Ea is a magic wand.