Page 7349 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6349684972497299733973447347734873497350735173547359739974497849 ... LastLast
Results 146,961 to 146,980 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Wasn't there an Apocrypha short story about Kairi and Jean Rum going after a Sealing Designated in South America?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Wasn't there an Apocrypha short story about Kairi and Jean Rum going after a Sealing Designated in South America?
    Nope
    Probably a fanfiction you liked
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I know that conscious decision making plays a part in it, but how exactly is it that Zouken hasn't become a Dead Apostle through magecraft and how he sustains himself regardless of how he feels about the matter?
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I imagine there's a more detailed explanation that could be given, but my assumption is that, while a Dead Apostle drinks blood/consumes genetic material to sustain their own body, Zouken's method of persistence is to reduce himself to being a single worm that steals other people's bodies (and reshapes them to look like him), thus effectively creating entirely new bodies for himself.

Even if they both do it by eating people, the methods they use to persist are fundamentally different. So while they are very similar in practice, they just aren't classified in the same way.

...is how I understand it. My memory of how exactly Zouken does his thing is a bit shaky though, so someone will probably come along with a better answer.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If Fou and Nrvnqsr count, then so should Zouken.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't fou just there because of Altrouge's insistence?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Nope
    Probably a fanfiction you liked
    Really? He seems convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Context
    Quote Originally Posted by CG-3m1y4
    Fate/Apocrypha BD gave us many potential fanfic ideas, and I hope these will be translated into English later.

Like how Fiore's life in New York post Great Holy Grail War, Astolfo's journey around the world to help people, Toole's training of Gordes's son (which is possibly Goldolf) before her death, and Amakusa's Middle East wandering in the past for 20 years.
    Also, Astolfo's describing Charlemagne as a laidback klutz that's prolly unsuitable to be a King LOL. No wonder he's a Ritsukaface.
    Who knows? It's from his own bedtime story anyway, and like Holmes said in F/GO, whether a Heroic Spirit is fictional or real is irrelevant.

Also, Jean Rum is legitimately great, she's way scarier as an Enforcer than Kairi Shishigou at their adventures. Her summoning F/GO's Ivan the Terrible in the Great Holy Grail War would literally be a force comparable to Karna and Gilgamesh, shame Amakusa and Semiramis were assholes like that.
    Jean Rum could probably qualify as her wind magecraft and chakram martial arts was said to be originated from India. Her other magecraft ability is basically making combat familiars from papers ala Naruto's Konan and RoD's Yomiko Readman, which she used to make a gigantic anaconda when hunting a Sealing Designee alongside Kairi Shishigou in Apocrypha BD sidestories.
    Both Aoko and Sakura got their hair bleached as result of magecraft too, plus what someone like Kariya had gone through (also the blazing man that Kairi and Jean fought in Apocrypha BD stories),
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

What's up with Karna's eyes? Why are they sometimes the same color, sometimes different? Moreover, aren't all demigod eyes red?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falseCeilings View Post
    What's up with Karna's eyes? Why are they sometimes the same color, sometimes different? Moreover, aren't all demigod eyes red?
    His eye are always grey (light blue?) when drawn by pako and Konoe. I think Wada is the only one who draws him with a permanent red right eye. Probably just her choice to represent Brahmastra.
    Karna's last ascension in FGO (by pako) also has the red eye but it's also on fire and clearly an action scene so he's probably using Brahmastra there.

Also, I'm pretty sure the red eyes for gods and demigods thing is only for Mesopotamia, isn't it? Blond hair and red eyes. It's not like Arjuna or any of the Greeks have red eyes either.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Mesopotamian Gods all have red eyes ans blond hair supposedly
    Which Gil inherited

It's just a coincidence that Cu also has red eyes I guess, but see: Arjuna, Asclepius, Orion...

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Which Gil inherited

It's just a coincidence that Cu also has red eyes I guess, but see: Arjuna, Asclepius, Orion...
    Cu had red eyes while he was alive. Whether Nasu knows that is a separate issue, but it's a well-known fact among those who are familiar with his mythos, so it shouldn't be a coincidence. I'm personally led to believe Nasu does know since Cu's eyes are closer to a ruby color in Extraverse, which is the color that the texts used to describe his eyes more specifically with when they didn't use the general word red. Plus, it'd be kind of weird for Nasu to not know that detail when he clearly knows about the "immense sadness" descriptor about Cu's eyes that is basically in the next sentence.

Also, greetings. I haven't had much to do with quarantine in effect...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Really? He seems convinced.
    If it exists it would be part of Blank Space, the collection of short stories that came out with the blu-ray for season 1 of apo.
    The third story on the apo website says it's about the last mission Kairi had before he got the call from Rocco to join the HGW.
    No one's uploaded it or the other stories. But if there's someone who would upload it, it'd be the chinese.
    But if you want to buy it
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/Fate-Apocry...7H8CZT1MC6TY7X
    Last edited by You; March 26th, 2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huralok View Post
    Cu had red eyes while he was alive. Whether Nasu knows that is a separate issue, but it's a well-known fact among those who are familiar with his mythos, so it shouldn't be a coincidence. I'm personally led to believe Nasu does know since Cu's eyes are closer to a ruby color in Extraverse, which is the color that the texts used to describe his eyes more specifically with when they didn't use the general word red. Plus, it'd be kind of weird for Nasu to not know that detail when he clearly knows about the "immense sadness" descriptor about Cu's eyes that is basically in the next sentence.

Also, greetings. I haven't had much to do with quarantine in effect...
    He means it's a coincidence in the sense that they're not red for the same reason Gil's are. Them being accurate to IRL myth isn't really relevant.
    It's still pretty cool though, thanks for the factoid.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why Twilight Survivor doesn't have a rank in prillya?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Which Gil inherited
    Makes you wonder why Tiamat has planet eyes and river hair.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Maybe it's Beast stuff? Or the gods could've changed over time/across generation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Tiamat's children don't have to look like her. At least, the Lahmus sure don't.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Tiamat's children don't have to look like her. At least, the Lahmus sure don't.
    The Lahmus are not gods. They're what will be new humans.

My point is that if ALL Mesopotamian gods share those traits, then it should also apply to Tiamat - a Mesopotamian goddess. But clearly she doesn't have those traits, so the question is why a Mesopotamian goddess doesn't have traits that ALL Mesopotamian deities apparently shared. Why is she abnormal compare to the rest, assuming ALL of the rest have these 2 traits. If anything, her not having it might mean that it's not genetic, at least when she was still around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Maybe it's Beast stuff? Or the gods could've changed over time/across generation.
    if they changed over time then my question would be what caused the change. What was the reason for all of them to suddenly adopt red eyes and blond hair other than to justify Gil's appearance. I'm pretty sure only the Mesopotamian gods have this trait and not the other pantheons.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; March 27th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well, the Mesopotamian Pantheon are concepts of nature deified by humanity, while Tiamat is a 200-million-years-old dragon thing, no?

Maybe it's like how the Greek Pantheon is not from a single source, but space robots + local deities

JP Friend Code
    Well, the Mesopotamian Pantheon are concepts of nature deified by humanity, while Tiamat is a 200-million-years-old dragon thing, no?
    They were there before humans and then later became gods (Gil's CCC SG). And nothing said Tiamat is 200m years old. She can regress to Jurassic era (not confirmed to be her limit either), not that she was born in that period of time.

Maybe it's like how the Greek Pantheon is not from a single source, but space robots + local deities
    Going by what we knew of them, Ea was one of those gods who made the planet cool down enough for life, which should be like 4+ billion years ago. The primordial hell thing is probably reference to the Hadean eon and Ea was the deification of that force of nature. Tiamat is like Ea's great grandma in term of myth, but she is actually the primordial sea from which life came out. So she's probably the deification of the primordial oceans that also existed during Hadean eon. So they should be very old, unless Nasu's timeline for this doesn't match RL science.

So if the pantheon is affected by worship and mixed up, it might be that Tiamat was sealed away too fast, way b4 deification by humans is a thing so she wasn't affected by worship as much compare to her children who later decided to go with this blond hair thing.