Page 7469 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 646969697369741974597464746774687469747074717474747975197569 ... LastLast
Results 149,361 to 149,380 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    maybe 'becoming-Roa' is something like what having avalon implanted does to shirou
    Just affecting his magic circuits? Does Roa not do more than that in his reincarnation process?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Functionally yeah.

I know it's not accurate, but I like to think of him as her Shiki-gami

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Now that I think about, that pun could be intentional.

Functionally yeah.
    "So what comes first, the soul or the body?"

is there a religious "background theory" for Reality Marbles, in the sense that they are manifestations of the true essence of someone's soul in the physical realm?

i have some personal ideas but i would like to hear from others.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    When Roa reincarnates, he takes over the body of someone else he deems "worthy," and when they are sufficiently mature his memories/personality reawaken and he "reincarnates." The issue is that Roa is there the whole time, and ostensibly usurps the body from whatever soul it originally would have had. This raises a couple questions: when is a human endowed with a soul? If it is at birth, then one of Roa's hosts never would have had their own soul: Roa's soul would be the only one in the body. If it's before birth, at a time before Roa has transmitted his soul into the baby, then the question becomes: what happens to that soul? Does Roa's soul like, eat it or something? Do they co-exist peacefully (at least until Roa's soul just takes over)? Or is it expelled/suppressed only when Roa takes over?

All the problems that no one can deal with or solve are handed to the place called the Burial Agency.
    There, she was taught what happened to her.

"...... In short, she was a contradiction.
    She was a human born as Roa. Even though the personality of her first fifteen years was hers, the name of her soul was Roa.
    While she was herself, she was also Roa.
    So, it is a contradiction if the girl called Roa is dead when Roa is alive.
    The progeny of the existence Roa...... this daughter of Roa cannot die before him.

"Whenever this world has even a slight error, this world corrects it to preserve itself.
    So--that child, as long as Roa's soul still exists, will exist for all eternity. No one else but the world itself "fixes" the error automatically.
    "Reincarnation---you mean if he dies he will start over as a baby?"
    "Yes. While he is alive, he chooses his next host and when it is born, he transmits all the information of his 'self'.
    His information stays deep within the baby until it matures, or until it gains its intelligence as its own.
    As soon as that baby has the intelligence to succeed 'his self', the baby becomes a new vampire that is him."

"---Wait a minute. What's that? Don't tell me that he does surgery on it while it's in the mother or something like that."

"No, it's not anything medical. Because the instant his body is destroyed, he reincarnates into the body he chose as his next body.
    Seems like he beams a copy of his soul into the embryo before the baby gets a soul. Then, the baby is born with the soul "Roa," but the Mind and Body of Person X. When his current body dies, he reincarnates into him or her.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    is there a religious "background theory" for Reality Marbles, in the sense that they are manifestations of the true essence of someone's soul in the physical realm?

? I don't understand, are you asking for similar ideas in RL religions?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

It's based on the microcosm and its foundation is in world eggs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrocosm_and_microcosm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_egg
    Reality marble is also a subcategory of Marble Phantasm, which in turn is based on the clustering illusion bias.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clustering_illusion
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    The question for Ciel then becomes, if Roa's soul has been expelled from the body, what happens to her? After all, since Ciel is immortal because "her" soul is Roa's soul and so the world won't let her die before her soul dies, that implies her body just doesn't have a soul of it's own. This raises a lot of questions about how important the soul actually is in the Nasuverse, to the point it makes me think it just can't really be true.
    I think Roa's consciousness/will leaves the body and for some reason that part holds the vampirism. What's left is the primer (the information/soul Roa put into the baby). But the primer is still a soul called "Roa," it just doesn't have an vamp.
    Last edited by You; January 5th, 2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Reality marble is also a subcategory of Marble Phantasm, which in turn is based on the clustering illusion bias.

where would I be without you mate? many thanks

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The real question is how Ciel lived and not the other Roas. She's just a fluke, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'm not sure I'm seeing the connection between the clustering illusion and marble phantasms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    ① First, let’s clear up the meaning of “marble.” It can mean “marble” as in “a marble floor” or “a marble pillar.” It can also mean “marble” as in a small glass ball. Let’s leave it at this for now.② Next, let’s clear up the meaning of “clustering illusion.” When you search for this term along with the word “probability” you can find an example about a jar which is filled with marbles of two colors, white and black. After you fill the jar and mix up the marbles inside, instead of the marbles appearing like a chess board, with the colors equally and evenly mixed together in a checker pattern, you will notice clumps of white marbles and clumps of black marbles here and there in the jar. These clumps, which seem non-random, despite actually being randomly distributed, are the clustering illusion.
    ③ From the above explanation you can see that the term marble comes from marble in the glass ball sense, not the marble floor sense of the word.
    ④ Even in a situation where you have half black marbles and half white ones and you mix them up, “logically” you assume that the white and black should be evenly mixed since there are equal amounts, but when you check the result you don’t see an even mix, you see clumps and groups in the pattern. This is precisely where clustering illusion comes in, and the result of a series of random coincidences may seem as though it was purposefully realized by someone, despite it actually being a natural phenomenon1. So when probability itself is being interfered with, one might understand that materializing Brunstud Castle might not be so implausible (through a perfect series of “natural” and “random” coincidences brought about by the reality marble or marble phantasm).
    Accordingly, when the world is connected with a marble phantasm or reality marble, probability is interfered with, and a series of phenomena, which could only ever be considered to be random coincidences, is deliberately generated.
    From Colorful MOON Tsukihime.

Ah, thanks. I only vaguely remembered that text, and actually thought he had just said something along the lines of "It's called marble phantasm because if you pick a marble from a bag it'll always be the color you want it to be instead of random".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The real question is how Ciel lived and not the other Roas. She's just a fluke, right?
    No official answer on that, but I just pointed out Roa reincarnated in in SHIKI when he was 9, and You sent a quote claiming Ciel was born as Roa, so if I were to take a guess, I'd say the reason why Ciel is special is because she has never been anyone other than Roa.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Now that I'm thinking about Nasu and Buddhism, I wonder if the Third Magic could be something akin to Nirvana, since it leads to materialization and immortality of the soul, thus cutting one off from the cycle of transmigration?
    I'm reasonably certain that the Third represents the apex of western occult practice, the way that Nasu studied it, which is just hermeticism and gnosticism. Basically all the cool things that the ezo goth girls tell you you are supposed to be able to do, boil down to materializing a soul. Making a dead spirit speak in a seance is materializing a soul. Sending a curse on Stacy's tits is materializing a soul. Bending spoons with your mind is materializing a soul. Sacrificing a cat to Uranus is materializing a soul. Summoning an incubus into your bedroom is materializing a soul. You have to understand that the entire premise of gnosticism is that the world is inherently understandable and subject to rules, which is also a very western idea that contrasts Nasu's usual fare.

In magecraft as well, there are no metaphysics, they're just physics that are not commonly understood. Ether clumps, dimensions, and a soul is well is something measurable and mutable, just like matter, and with the correct process you can bring it down to our layer of reality to work with it more easily.

This 'pneuma' thing obviously goes sharply against catholic/orthodox conception of what a soul is to the point that we're talking about something completely different. That's also why digitizing souls in CCC can remotely pass as displacing the Third, even though your western brain has trouble wrapping your head around it because you understand 'soul' as something else.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm being very reasonable about this, don't get me started on hermaphrodits and stuff

I mean from my readings of alchemy books it feels more like becoming gods or achieving something similar to enlightenment.

Also hemaprodites come up a lot yeah

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I'm reasonably certain that the Third represents the apex of western occult practice, the way that Nasu studied it, which is just hermeticism and gnosticism. Basically all the cool things that the ezo goth girls tell you you are supposed to be able to do, boil down to materializing a soul. Making a dead spirit speak in a seance is materializing a soul. Sending a curse on Stacy's tits is materializing a soul. Bending spoons with your mind is materializing a soul. Sacrificing a cat to Uranus is materializing a soul. Summoning an incubus into your bedroom is materializing a soul. You have to understand that the entire premise of gnosticism is that the world is inherently understandable and subject to rules, which is also a very western idea that contrasts Nasu's usual fare.

In magecraft as well, there are no metaphysics, they're just physics that are not commonly understood. Ether clumps, dimensions, and a soul is well is something measurable and mutable, just like matter, and with the correct process you can bring it down to our layer of reality to work with it more easily.

This 'pneuma' thing obviously goes sharply against catholic/orthodox conception of what a soul is to the point that we're talking about something completely different. That's also why digitizing souls in CCC can remotely pass as displacing the Third, even though your western brain has trouble wrapping your head around it because you understand 'soul' as something else.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm being very reasonable about this, don't get me started on hermaphrodits and stuff
    Fair point. I do find it strange that Nasu seems to try to place the two traditions side-by-side, even if they are incompatible if real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I always assumed it was cuz Ciel was this magical supertalent to the point that Roa decided to change his MO and focus on innate talent over social standing

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    And then he went back to social standing for the next incarnation. Though I guess that was meant to show how he lost pieces of himself with every "reincarnation"?