Page 7755 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 675572557655770577457750775377547755775677577760776578057855 ... LastLast
Results 155,081 to 155,100 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    So while we're at the topic I also have a question about Types.

Are Ultimate Ones created for that purpose by their respective planet, or are they already existing creatures that are then given that role by the planet once it finds them suitable? Or is this topic never really elaborated upon anywhere?

From what I understand the Ultimate Ones are just the strongest being in a planet/astronomical object and essentially serve as its 'representative' in events such as Notes. This is why it's possible for there to be multiple candidates - if an Ultimate One was simply something a planet "could make", then Earth would already have one, I would assume.

I also wonder how many Ultimate Ones there actually are. There's one for the moon, and the Oort Cloud. Is there a Type-Sun? One for the moons of other planets? What about Pluto? Maybe Ceres? Type-Halley's Comet? Theia? Maybe Crimson Moon exists because the Moon is partly made out of Theia?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Is there a Type-Sun?
    Spoiler:

Theia?
    Spoiler:

nyoo I don't like the TYPE-MOON version of Amaterasu

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Rambling thoughts. Humanity is independent of the planet so they don't seem like a good fit for what is essentially the planets proxy. There should probably be some compatibility requirements given Arc and Alt are TA. Maybe it will turn out that part of the problem with creating a Type for Earth was that the prime species is so peculiar. They're weak, independent of the planet but better than any other species when it comes to killing other lifeforms. I find it interesting they talk about DA in relation to how they can't compete with humanity for primacy regardless of how much more powerful they are as individuals because of their fundamental shortcomings and that the Church is hell-bent on exterminating non-humans especially vampires. Maybe TA(And by extension DA) were an attempt to usurp that position and so you get the planets UO in worlds where humanity is weaker.

I like the idea of the human race as a collective being Type-Earth even if Arc's FGO profile basically confirms it'd be either her or Altrouge if they didn't both exist at once. It also makes Notes a secret Type vs Type fight which is kino.
    maybe Olga will absorb the wishes of every human and become an Ultimate One, the real President of Earth
    Well, at the end of the day Arc and Altrouge are a result of the planet "cheating" to get a TYPE/Ultimate One since we know it couldn't create one itself, so it needed outside help. I really do think that while those two for all intents and purposes now count as the role, the original lack of TYPE did stem from the "peculiarity of the prime species" as Nanaya put it, probably even before Humanity (the collective) took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    why don't Gaia just mass produce Yu Meiren.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because we can't have nice things
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    So while we're at the topic I also have a question about Types.

Are Ultimate Ones created for that purpose by their respective planet, or are they already existing creatures that are then given that role by the planet once it finds them suitable? Or is this topic never really elaborated upon anywhere?
    LB7
    The Ultimate One takes the form of the Prime Species at the time they are born, which is why Dinocueid in LB7 but humanoid in PHH.

I also wonder how many Ultimate Ones there actually are. There's one for the moon, and the Oort Cloud. Is there a Type-Sun? One for the moons of other planets? What about Pluto? Maybe Ceres? Type-Halley's Comet? Theia? Maybe Crimson Moon exists because the Moon is partly made out of Theia?
    LB7
    KukuORT in LB7 can be considered Archetype Mictlan, as representative of the asteroid, because asteroids are also a type of 星 (star) thus might have a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    LB7
    The Ultimate One takes the form of the Prime Species at the time they are born, which is why Dinocueid in LB7 but humanoid in PHH.

LB7
    KukuORT in LB7 can be considered Archetype Mictlan, as representative of the asteroid, because asteroids are also a type of 星 (star) thus might have a brain.
    LB7
    Also, I found the scene in Japanese and I'm taking a look now. But it does seem like Archetype as a concept is something that has nothing to do with being lesser or greater than Type. It's an Earth-exclusive thing and it refers to the being holding the oldest and original memory of the planet. But it seems to be unrelated to the title of Ultimate One. Don't you agree?

Or maybe Nasu just changed the title, and it's now Archetype. Last time Type was used was in Fate/Extra IIRC.
    Last edited by Dartz; February 1st, 2023 at 06:36 PM.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    LB7
    Spoiler:
    Wow really? I always assumed Types were only a thing in planets in which there's only one prime being instead of multiple members of a prime species, hence Earth not having one.
    That seems to go against this idea entirely.

So you're telling me that on Saturn there's a bunch of cross-shaped people... That's... certainly something.

I really want a Nasu sci-fi project now. Like, a proper one, not just "it's Fate but there's a supercomputer on the moon". I want to see the weird stuff he comes up with.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't conflate Ultimate One and Archetype. There's nothing UO about Ixquic at all, in fact. She's pathetically weak and seems to have no real say over anything. That might be partially because of Malla, but the title doesn't really entail the same thing as UO.

Spoiler:

Aw man, and here I got all excited for the spider people planet, the cross people planet, the shadow people planet, and the plant angel people planet

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    LB7
    Also, I found the scene in Japanese and I'm taking a look now. But it does seem like Archetype as a concept is something that has nothing to do with being lesser or greater than Type. It's an Earth-exclusive thing and it refers to the being holding the oldest and original memory of the planet. But it seems to be unrelated to the title of Ultimate One. Don't you agree?

Or maybe Nasu just changed the title, and it's now Archetype. Last time Type was used was in Fate/Extra IIRC.
    That just reminds me of the out of nowhere fact/implication from LB6 that Albion was 4.6 billion years old, Earth-age. Maybe thats why it all revolves around Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    That just reminds me of the out of nowhere fact/implication from LB6 that Albion was 4.6 billion years old, Earth-age. Maybe thats why it all revolves around Britain.
    And in lostbelt 7 when davinci talks about servants not having memories about the meteorites, and then correcting herself showing an image of melusine and saying that there may have been those who lived during the precambrian age

夜属 Nightkin
    Do we have any Idea of how the fake Grail Wars in Apocrypha can work without greater grails gathering mana and summoning and supporting the servants?
    Like even Rin struggles just maintaining a Servant without Grail support, let alone summon one.

Or is that just handwaved away?

US Friend Code
    If I remember correctly, after Darnic stole the Greater Grail in WW2 he basically leaked the schematics for it so everyone and their mother started making their own cheap knockoffs of it. The Subtype Grail Wars do have Grails, but they're not as strong as Fuyuki's.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Case Files twice had people make fake Grails and the Americans managed to make one as well in FsF (albeit it took 70 years), so I imagine if you have the schematics and the resources, it is relatively "easy" to make one, but they end up of shoddy quality, so weak they can only support 5 Servants and frequently prone to exploding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

夜属 Nightkin
    I am more confused how they can gather such large amounts of mana so quicky so regularly.

When the Fuyuki Holy Grail takes 60 years in top class leylines just to summon 7.