Page 7781 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 67817281768177317771777677797780778177827783778677917831 ... LastLast
Results 155,601 to 155,620 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    In KnK Touko is explicitly stated to be "in the latter half of her 20s." (Part 6 /1) Her year of birth is not consistent between appearances. Deal with it.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    31 can still be late 20s if you’re a respected lady.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    The scene on the hotel? She does say that, but I'm not sure if that suggests there is a gradient in the power of each eye color rank based on individual talent, or if it's because different eyes have different power attached to them as per classifications, since she wrote Ruby and Jade below Golden in the whiteboard.
    But she does mention it's rare for DA to have ME that can take complete control of someone's brain, and Vlov clearly doesn't have golden eyes. It's hard to say since we've never seen a different golden ME user. Rita/Noel's eyes seem to be a special classification.
    Although we haven't seen another pair of Mystic Eyes of Enchantment (Gold), I do think what Arc can do with hers is closer to the skill ceiling compared to a DA.
    Mystic Eyes are defined as pieces of natural phenomenon

"Sight is the first magecraft in human history. Among the five senses, sight is the one that provides the most information. As such, many cultures across the world came to fear the Evil Eye, and many mysteries of the natural world were explained through eyes."

"Natural phenomena, you mean?"

"For example, the Sun and Moon," my master nodded, pointing at the ceiling. "Both are often described as the eyes of Heaven. The Eye of Horus from Egypt is a particularly famous example, but his right eye was the Sun and his left was the Moon, according to tradition. Because the eyes of Heaven were always looking on, people believed that if one committed sin, they would be punished for it. That's why the God of the Sun often has the role of upholding justice. As such, though the Sun is thought of as the source of numerous blessings, it also thought of as the bringer of many disasters, such as droughts.

Later, the Trinitarian doctrine of Christianity tied into the same idea - the eyes of the omnipotent God became connected to his providence over all things. Even the conspiracy theories of the Free Masons are all caught up in this same theory."

As my master's lecture ventured into the territory of the occult, he strangely seemed to relax. His tendency of giving lectures seemed to be a thing I was getting sucked into as a daily occurrence.

"From these natural phenomena, things like the eye of a hurricane are also common. Ah, you should know that the clouds surrounding the eye of a storm like that are called the Eyewall, right?"

"Ah...yes,"

I nodded.

"In short, the storm itself is considered a single eye. From there, the association of wind and storms with divinity creates a connection to the eye as well. Balor, the king of the Fomorians in Celtic Myth, and Odin from Norse Mythology are the archetypal examples there."

Both were of course famous enough that even I knew their names.

The King of the Evil Eye Balor, and the one-eyed God of Magic Odin. One, with a single eye whose gaze could annihilate entire armies. The other, who gave up one of his eyes in exchange for omniscient knowledge of all things.

"On top of that, the earth itself has eyes too," my master continued, pointing at the ground.

"The earth?"

"Think of the mouth of a volcano. The image of a bright red eye piercing through the darkness of night is strongly connected to the image of the evil eye. Though not as numerous as gods of the storm, there are cases where these symbols were granted to goddesses of the earth. A famous example of this would be the Gorgon - Medusa, from Greek mythology."

He blew a cloud of smoke.

The room filled with grey smoke reminiscent of a volcano's. Smelling the sulfur of volcanic gases and seeing the bright red glow of lava, was it any wonder ancient people came to fear them as magical eyes of the land?

Heaven, Storms, and the Earth.

Each one had its own magic eyes.
    "But for true Mystic Eyes - those that occur naturally, and especially those of Noble colours, there is no option to acquire a transplant except the Rail Zeppelin. Considering their scarcity and success rate, even Barthomelloi and Trambelio would hesitate to cross them. Ah, you should understand now after all that. Transplanting powerful Mystic Eyes into someone is like cutting off a piece of a storm, or a flow of magma, and sealing it within a person."

Though somewhat circuitous, we finally found our way back to the topic at hand.
    I expect Arc, being an Elemental, to handle her Mystic Eyes better than a DA.
    Last edited by You; May 31st, 2023 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Makes sense. That's pretty cool.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    In KnK Touko is explicitly stated to be "in the latter half of her 20s." (Part 6 /1) Her year of birth is not consistent between appearances. Deal with it.
    In fact, details about Touko changed enough (early on, at least) that the JP wiki has a whole section just listing off setting changes/retcons for her. Most of it is between various side materials and actual appearances, but there's still some stuff that changed between appearances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I'm not too up to date on the more obscure lore but afaik, Touko's just really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good at making dolls of herself. So good in fact it stops mattering which one is the original and which one is the copy. World corrections have nothing to do with it (also Ciel's immortality does not involve her getting new bodies).

Dunno how that meddles with the Third Magic and whatnot, but that's what I got out of Paradox Spiral.

Someone more versed than me can correct me if I'm wrong.
    For all intents and purposes it's still a case of paradoxical existence/death. Also, Strange Fake does bring up the fact that if what she does is able to even replicate/transfer her soul without degradation then she's stepping into Third Magic territory, but I don't think it went any further than presenting the thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    What do mages who've successfully passed on their crest do after that point? Are they retired? How retired are they? Like "go on trip around the world because you have no more responsibilities" retired?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Usually their transplant isn't completed until after their death, right. I guess they just continue training their heir and furthering their research while gradually losing the advantages of the Crest.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    You can just look at death perception for an example of the same eye power displaying nuanced differences depending on the user. Tepeu's holding little power, Ryougi/Tohno's specializations, Ryougi being able to change her view and not suffering as much, Tohno's emphasis on points and whatever happened to Roa. I'd assume the same nuance could be applied to individual vampires.

Blog Entries
    Sort of related but did I hallucinate/create a false memory of "transferring the crest needs to be completed, at the latest, during the recipient's twenties"? Or is that real?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Sort of related but did I hallucinate/create a false memory of "transferring the crest needs to be completed, at the latest, during the recipient's twenties"? Or is that real?
    Waver doesn't have his Crest
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Right, thanks.

I can imagine why it'd be a bad idea, but is there anything actually preventing the Crest being restored on the original holder while it's also being transferred to the next gen?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Right, thanks.

I can imagine why it'd be a bad idea, but is there anything actually preventing the Crest being restored on the original holder while it's also being transferred to the next gen?
    Nope. The Ishatri did it when the crest began harming (excessive compatibility) Rosalind. Any issues that crop up may mess up the original holder if re-transplanted.
    Last edited by You; June 2nd, 2023 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Need an emoji of a chef's hat because I feel inspired to cook with this.

But there's something I'm also wondering. Do you think it's possible for a clever clogs to memorise what's in the Crest? So that even when pieces of it are gone, or even all of it, the knowledge still remains?

Does anyone know the source for the Nightingle is compatible for shirou? All i know was it was a Tumblr post but no mention if the original source was an interview, side material or whatever

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Nightingale was scrapped from CCC, so my conspiracy theory is that she would act as a sort of rival to Nameless. You could definitely do something with nurse so dedicated to saving everyone she reformed nursing as a whole, and the guy so dedicate to saving everyone he became a mercenary. Like what happens with Karna and Gil with guy who hoards and takes everything for himself and the hero of charity.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Nightingale was scrapped from CCC
    NGL seeing the japanified version of my parents in CCC would be pretty weird.

US Friend Code
    Has there been any sort of declaration regarding the population of Fuyuki City? Oita’s population was a little less than 450,000 in 2004, but seems way too big a number for Fuyuki…

If anyone here’s familiar with cities, could you make me a population estimate?
    Last edited by BladeOfEden; June 3rd, 2023 at 10:55 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where does the quote about dragon bones becoming dinosaur bones due to losing mystery come from?
    Also, any interesting info on dinosaurs from LB7 that'd apply to regular worlds?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Where does the quote about dragon bones becoming dinosaur bones due to losing mystery come from?
    Merlin explaining pure-blooded dragons in Garden of Avalon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden of Avalon
    By the time the calendar shifted to AD, the dragons had already buried themselves ages ago. By now, they’re stones permeating deeper layers of soil. The dragons’ souls have long moved to the inner side. The bodies deprived of their souls turn to oil and minerals, and that’s all there is to it.
    Then there's Kuzuryuu's skeleton as found by Kouyou being a T-rex.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Also, any interesting info on dinosaurs from LB7 that'd apply to regular worlds?
    From the top of my head, I got nothing.
    Last edited by Comun; June 4th, 2023 at 11:14 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok so it's just regular fossilization, not them changing form to become dinosaur bones. Makes sense.

Thanks.