Page 7731 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 673172317631768177217726772977307731773277337736774177817831 ... LastLast
Results 154,601 to 154,620 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Guys, where can i read adventures of El melloi volume 2 chapter 2?
    Also philosophical foundation is literally a copy of the root ? So it can grant you true magic right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kindle. Not perfectly. Probably not.

Is it said that the pseudo root is inferior to the actual root?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBeastVIII View Post
    Also philosophical foundation is literally a copy of the root ? So it can grant you true magic right?
    Maybe it can grant you True Magic (Chinese certificate).
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBeastVIII View Post
    Is it said that the pseudo root is inferior to the actual root?
    Unknown. But if the Taoists stopped caring about the actual Root once they got it, then at the very least it contained everything they originally wanted from the Root.

Blog Entries
    "Inferior" is contingent on your purposes. For example, connecting to the real Root to use Magecraft is no longer a thing in the modern age, but you can still connect to the Philosophy Foundation just fine. In that regard, the fake Root is better.

When it comes to Magecraft, "true" and "false" tend to mean something specific. Basically, something "true" has been properly shaped by natural processes. Something "false", on the other hand, is an artificial creation. So the true Root actually emanates nature; whereas the false Root is artificial, and thus emanates artificial phenomena, hence the Magecraft.

It's not impossible for a fake to surpass the original, as we know, but the further you surpass it, the more you must necessarily stray from that original. I struggle to imagine how you would be able to create anything qualitatively superior to the actual Root with what is, at best, a planet-scale Mystic Code. This goes double when you remember that Magecraft in the Age of Gods stems directly from the Root, meaning that the Ten Judges used the Root to create the Root... I don't know enough to say for sure that it's indistinguishable from an emulator, but it would have to have some weird properties to derive a mile from an inch...

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Pseudo root more or less only works as an akashic record of the sages.

So it only enhances their magecraft?? But this pesudo root is a large mystic code, not a grand mass of nothingness right?
    Also, speaking of the nothingness part,
    If you really wished to pronounce this term, call it "Kara".
    Its meaning varied depending on each individual's understanding. To put it in simple terms, it was the Spiral of Origin.
    However, since the Spiral of Origin was called the Spiral of Origin, it was no longer ' '.
    To properly express this term was a source of headache during the production of the drama CDs.
    Does that mean ' ' is something different from the spiral of origin even though void shiki is connected to the spiral of origin and it is the ' ' to where the dead people go to?

Blog Entries
    It's not an enhancement on Philosophy Magecraft, it's the source of it. That's why it's called the Philosophy Foundation. All Philosophy Keys do is access specific domains within the Foundation.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    The Philosophy Foundation is a pseudo-Root in the sense that it's a large reservoir of knowledge and mystical stuff. But it's not everything in the way the Root is, it's "just" the sum total knowledge of the Xians who made it, and Chinese mages access it like a library to cast spells. Your Philosophy Key (which they have instead of magic Crests) determines what wing of the library you're allowed to check out books (cast spells) from.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I struggle to imagine how you would be able to create anything qualitatively superior to the actual Root with what is, at best, a planet-scale Mystic Code.
    Perhaps the Founder Xians was able to copy the general concept of the Root due to it sharing a lot of similarities to the Taiji (prob why Ryougi has heavy references to Taoism in the first place). Whatever they got in their pseudo Root is what the Taiji - the source of all things in Taoism - is believed to have. Other functions of the Root that is not originally part of the Taiji concept (i.e the throne of heroes, the ability to select Grand servants, the ability to bestow True Magic...etc) are not available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Pseudo root more or less only works as an akashic record of the sages.
    Watch Nasu pull out Taoist Arcueid who can freely use everything it has because it is fused with the planet.

Blog Entries
    Frankly one of the most wrong-headed parts of Sanda lore
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Seems like a preamble to doing similar things for other countries magic systems.

US Friend Code
    I'm honestly not sure it's a Sanda idea considering Taigong Wang and Douman have both talked about it in GO, and predated Rin's explanation in CF too. I think it's something Nasu set up and Sanda was just the first to explain it, similar to Spirit Tomb Albion.

I always assumed those were just clues or teases before the big reveal in CF.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do we know if Sanda actually involved in defining setting-wide rules like this? I know Nasu is pretty hands-off and Sanda is the magecraft lore guy nowadays, but I just kinda assumed any big enough decision came from Nasu, or was at least developed alongside him.

Sanda doesn't even write his own lore, let alone anyone else's.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Old mats said China, the Middle East, etc. had their own brands of magecraft incompatible with Western Magecraft. That part is on Nasu. But Sanda is the one who consilidated each system for Adventures by discussing them one by one with Nasu. Higashide and Sakurai are also there during the discussion, so Sanda's and Nasu's decisions there where used in Sakurai's Douman/Taigong and Higashide's Jue/Xu Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    By magics own definition i think magic is a oddity honestly.

I mean 1 and 5 fit if its just a root connection manifesting in a certain way, but 2-4 were not derived purely from the root but made to get there. Which raises all sorts of questions as to HOW they got it.

I mean the third at least for the einzberns was a accident but the 2nd is the big one that scratches my head.
    I think that anyone can "use" True Magic even without being connected to the root (hence why Rin can use and potentially recreate the Jeweled Sword and Kojiro can Tsubame Gaeshi), but you need to have the root connection to actually be able to use it to its fullest extent. So Zelretch created the Second True Magic at first to reach the root and then after having reached it he became able to use it to its full extent through his connection.
    Last edited by Clown; September 23rd, 2022 at 02:57 PM.

US Friend Code
    I need Flueger to come back if there's ever an explanation for Middle Eastern style.

I wonder how Indian magecraft works given how long the British were in power. Does it incorporate more widely accepted methods by the Clock Tower? Or did it go underground to keep it's roots intact?
    Last edited by Delastogos; September 23rd, 2022 at 04:25 PM.