Page 7698 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 669871987598764876887693769676977698769977007703770877487798 ... LastLast
Results 153,941 to 153,960 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    If the whole basis is "I think Tohno developed aphasia during battle", then the argument really doesn't hold up.

Lizard with wings could be any of the Phantasmal species, but very few of them are Servant-tier.

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. Nasu is literally putting weasel words here to make it unclear.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    If the whole basis is "I think Tohno developed aphasia during battle", then the argument really doesn't hold up.

Lizard with wings could be any of the Phantasmal species, but very few of them are Servant-tier.

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence.
    Nasu might care more about what fits the characters thought pattern and the essence of the scene over any possible concern about wiggling out of a power level position he probably isn't even cognizant about.
    Regardless, it doesn't matter since the story shows he's capable of preforming feats that can threaten such beings.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Nasu might care more about what fits the characters thought pattern and the essence of the scene over any possible concern about wiggling out of a power level position he probably isn't even cognizant about.
    Regardless, it doesn't matter since the story shows he's capable of preforming feats that can threaten such beings.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    TsukiREEEEEEEEEE

Not impressed.
    What sealed the deal for me is the true no ambush, mano-a-mano fight with Vlov.
    Vlov was slowed, and Tohno still needed 2-assist to get the hit in.

The MEoDP is Servant-tier, the rest of him not so much. For Tohno to win against someone at Servant-tier, you need many many "ifs" and "whens". Basically you need to hamstrung the opponent.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Already went over that. There are always going to be factors to consider like compatibility, how much he's inverted, and the specifics in general. He's always been shown capable capable of reaching far above his normal range in certain instances.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Nothing says that Remake Tohno's parameter are the same as in OG, and his opponents are widely different. And also nothing says NRVNQSR's strength will be exact same in this continuity. We may get an answer when Nasu decide to have them duke it out again someday.

Spoiler:
    Well he's already shown his classic variability so I do expect more bizarre showings in the future. Nero will probably be interesting given their love of him. Inb4 huge dragon CG.

US Friend Code
    In regards to the factions in the Clock Tower, could 民主主義派閥 be translated as anything besides Democratic Faction? Because I've always gotten the impression they were more into meritocracy than democracy.

Even if it could though, I'm sure the term Democratic is too spread in the fandom sphere to really be changed. I'm just curious.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    The argument of servants can't fight dragons without their noble phantasms, which are their trump cards, seems kinda weak considering Shiki uses MEODP to kill it.
    Isn't that exactly what the sentence means? They need trump cards to beat dragons. Shiki has the trump card of push button to sudoku enemy.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    In regards to the factions in the Clock Tower, could 民主主義派閥 be translated as anything besides Democratic Faction?
    Not really.

US Friend Code
    Strange choice to name it that then.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Shiki has the trump card of push button to sudoku enemy.
    Spoiler:
    That's true and it kind of gets at the heart of things. His trump card is a cheat that instant gibs, nullifies the meaning of things like inertia, etc so has limited defensive use(Nero Beasts, Vlovs Bullets) and has surprising utility against other powers. Add in a plot-dependent sliding scale for technique and agility that ranges from anemic to white woman spotted and you never know how the dice roll goes.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Isn't that exactly what the sentence means? They need trump cards to beat dragons. Shiki has the trump card of push button to sudoku enemy.
    That was my point yes. I thought the conversation was whether or not shiki was above servant power levels. Or maybe my memory is failing me.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    That was my point yes. I thought the conversation was whether or not shiki was above servant power levels. Or maybe my memory is failing me.
    I didn't say he's above servant level, I said that he's pretty much on their level, because he's capable of slaying a dragon(or a unicorn for that matter), when according to Rin even Heroic Spirits wouldn't be able to do that kind of thing without their noble phantasms which let them fight above their weight class. If it wasn't clear the fact that he was physically able to move fast enough to kill it, without being hit, is in my opinion that what proves he's capable of fighting servant, the hax eyes, just means he can harm/kill them if he lands a hit.

Also I reject the suggestion that this was somehow a weaker dragon. It was clearly supposed to be one of Nrvnqsr's stronger familiars/trump cards, he's a powerful Dead Apostle Ancestor and should be on servant level himself, and even familiars weaker than that were capable of keeping up with Arcueid, who even in her weakened state should be more than a match for a normal servant.
    Last edited by aAlouda; June 28th, 2022 at 04:07 PM.

Now that we've come full circle. How much power did Roa steal from Arc again? Dartz, I summon thee.
    Spoiler:
    Was it like 20%? Is that the weight of a little finger?

夜属 Nightkin
    We dont know a specific number, Arcueid just said he stole some power, which returned after Shiki killed him.

The more important aspect that after he stole her power, it also awakened her bloodlust, which she was forced to supress with 70% of her remaining power.

According to Nasu even then, Arcueid at 30% has about the strength of 4 servants, though practically she'd struggle fighting more than one.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Is this "Law of Conservation of Events" related to either of the 'Theorem' terms Aniplex butchered in their TL?
    Or to phrase it better, is the JP text here using the same terminology as the JP text for "Pruned Events" or "Compiled Events" in FGO?
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't remember what it was called in Japanese, but yeah, obviously.

US Friend Code
    Do we know anything about djinn besides that Sheba is half one?

夜属 Nightkin
    The only other mention I recall is Nameless Assassin using a Zabaniya that summons(but doesen't control) them to fight her vampire master
    Stifling her emotions, but putting all the indignation she had built up until a moment before
    into her magical energy, she leapt at the monster that was her Master.
    In place of the fiend’s magical energy, she had the temporary supply Saber had leant her. She
    poured most of it into her Noble Phantasm.
    “...Clad me in black sharpness...”
    “Unfeeling Patrolling Spirits: Zabaniya.”
    Sigma wondered.
    Wondered why, in this situation, he remembered the face of his ex-compatriot.
    The scene before his eyes bore no resemblance.
    The girl Assassin transformed the dense mist that shrouded her body into numerous shapes—massive beasts, great serpents, beautiful women, giants—that somehow attacked the man
    who seemed to be a hematophage—no, a monster called a Dead Apostle—with physical force.
    She attacked the man-shaped monster who delightedly danced across the battlefield, sometimes dodging, sometimes having a limb torn off and immediately regrowing it.
    “Ha ha ha! Are those jinnīya? I’m amazed your control extends to them! Really, there’s never
    a dull moment with you! I’ll let you command even more powerful jinnīya if you accept me.
    Don’t you want to be like the great Sulayman?”
    “. . . I do not control them. You insult my great forebears and their teachings . . .!” Assassin
    whispered with hatred, then leapt into the fray herself and lunged at her enemy alongside the
    great beasts and giants formed from her mist.
    Seeing the fiend take even that assault and regenerate with a laugh, however, Assassin could
    not help narrowing her eyes.
    “Monster . . .”
    Last edited by aAlouda; June 28th, 2022 at 05:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We only know that the djinn category is really broad, as it includes Elementals, Ruah, Ars Goetia demons, and more. Sheba's mother specifically is an Ars Goetia demon from the desert, which is why she gets resistance to Raum. The three little guys on her NP are also djinn.