Page 7704 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 670472047604765476947699770277037704770577067709771477547804 ... LastLast
Results 154,061 to 154,080 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    circuits prayer channels
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Given what we now know about the Church's stance on mage terminology, it may simply be that Risei had circuits but they just didn't call them that.
    He explicitly didn't have Circuits. Kirei being born with them was considered a miracle granted by god to his family.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "This is Kirei, he's entering the Mages Association today."
    "I thought you Church guys didn't do magecraft?"
    "Oh, no, no worries. He was, uh, granted circuits by God."

Blog Entries
    magi are heretics because they work miracles which only saints are supposed to do. that's bad. but saints work miracles because they're allowed to do so by god. that's good. being part of the church and working miracles means you must be allowed to by god. that's good. therefore a churchman cannot be a magus even if he works miracles.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas, probably
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    i like to look at the moonruners doing group hermeneutics
    it's very humbling
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    magi are heretics because they work miracles which only saints are supposed to do. that's bad. but saints work miracles because they're allowed to do so by god. that's good. being part of the church and working miracles means you must be allowed to by god. that's good. therefore a churchman cannot be a magus even if he works miracles.
    *glances at necromancy in bible*

*glances at several catholic saints who did magic that wasnt christan before or after there saint shit*

You know the whole thing bout kirei reminds me of how AOG magic works in modern nasu, the whole granted a fragment of power to use AOG stuff or w/e

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Ya, this is basically it.

The Circuits are all the same. If your spells are Jesus-based, you are alright. You are only a heretic if your spells are not Jesus-based.

Also this about Risei and Kirei from a long time ago:
    Q: Kirei's wife Ortensia is covered with wounds in the design draft, is it because she has a body similar to Caren's? Also, Command Spells appeared on Kirei due to the fact that he somehow possessed Magic Circuits despite being born in a non-magus lineage. Does this mean Caren also has Magic Circuits?

A: Kirei's wife is an albino (Note: wut, yellow-eyed-violet-haired-albino?), and is immune deficient. As a result, she can die from even a tiny wound, thus her body appears tattered. What Caren inherited is the aspect of "prone to be plagued by illnesses" (Note: There seems to be some sort of allusion here, because the word used for illnesses is "demon of disease"). This is truly an ordeal given by God.

About the Magic Circuits, a normal person rarely acquires Magic Circuits. You can consider such cases sudden mutations. However, Kirei is not of this type. Kirei's Circuits were a gift from the divine sacrament, rewarding his father Risei's years of pious worship. Kirei was born with "the right to recreate the miracles in the divine sacrament". This "right", in other words, was the Magic Circuits. Caren did not inherit the Circuits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Something I've always loved about this answer is how little it tells us.

The Master never misses.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By the way, just so we don't get side-tracked:

「そうよ。まずは腕を切り落として、それから令呪を私のマスターに移植する けれど令呪は所有者の魔術回路と一体化しているでしょう? 令呪を剥がす、という事は貴方から
    しんけい
    魔術回路
    を引き抜く、という事でもあるわ」

Paraphrased: "but Command Spells are fused with the holder's Magic Circuits..."

So it'd be a bit odd for Risei to have Command Spells without something for them to fuse with, let alone for him to be able to transplant them and use them.
    Maybe they taped them onto his ordinary nervous system instead? Or maybe they transplanted them onto him from someone else who had Circuits?

Still, not sure you can rule out that he had Circuits (unless I've completely missed something from Zero, which is possible). The quote in question (posted above) never says that Risei didn't have them only that the process by which Kotomine got them wasn't the normal process. If Caren didn't inherit Kotomine's Circuits, maybe the Sacrament type of Circuits requires 'steady upkeep (from the family)', so to speak, in terms of piety.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Then what's this line supposed to be about?

Sure, it says "deviated from their origin", but I assume that is in the same way as the rest of that passage talks about Ryougi having done just that, not in a literal sense.
    For all that it's worth, I know even the JP wiki has all three of them listed under 虚無 as their Origin, but of course they never source anything, so that's not necessarily proof where proof was needed.
    Araya explains it later in the chapter.

He is looking for people with different manifestations of the "Void" Origin. He is looking for these people not for the Origin, but as a way of finding someone actually born from the Spiral of Origin/"Kara".

Having the Void Origin does not grant you root powers. However, those born from the root may appear to have the Void Origin.

- - - Updated - - -

So it'd be a bit odd for Risei to have Command Spells without something for them to fuse with, let alone for him to be able to transplant them and use them.
    Maybe they taped them onto his ordinary nervous system instead? Or maybe they transplanted them onto him from someone else who had Circuits?
    It would make a lot of sense this way though.

Who would be the most trust-worthy neutral party to hold a massive amount miracles?
    Literally someone who is incapable of using them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The question still remains if you can put them on people who don't have Circuits at all.
    Even 'literal who' Ryuunosuke had to have Circuits to get selected as a Master.

I mean apparently the magic skull np can be used without circuits

夜属 Nightkin
    Kayneth outright says there seperate after his wife tells him to give them to her after Kiritsugu tore apart his magic circuits

“The Command Spells—I’m not handing them over.” Kayneth
    declared plainly. “Command Spells and Magic Circuits are
    different systems of magecraft. I can still exercise it now. I … Right
    now, I am still Lancer’s Master!”
    And we know he's not just bluffing as he uses one later to make Diarmuid commit suicide

The term different systems of magecraft is interesting ngl

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    Kayneth outright says there seperate after his wife tells him to give them to her after Kiritsugu tore apart his magic circuits

And we know he's not just bluffing as he uses one later to make Diarmuid commit suicide
    He says they're different systems, that doesn't mean they are separate. And if you wanna argue source primacy, obviously F/SN is the more canon work, so what are you trying to say here.

We know Crest can be extracted and stored separately by the Association.

Command Spells are basically high level Crests.
    I don't think you need Circuits to have it. It is just once it weaves into your Circuits, it is hard to extract.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can sort of turn it into a book format.

Q: How was the book (Tome of the False Attendant) that Shinji was using as a Command Spell created? Was Sakura’s Command Seal transplanted into a grimoire? Or did Sakura use her Command Spell to order Rider to obey his orders while he held the book? It’s just, since it was Shinji’s mark of authority, I was wondering why the book burst into flames after Rider’s death.
    A: As a book originally created for use in magical contracts anyway, the Tome of the False Attendant was adapted to serve as a Command Spell. The authority of Rider’s Master was implanted into the book. Strictly speaking, the power binding Rider lies in the Command Spell written in the book, not the book itself.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Recalling Rin's explanation from UBW anime, maybe all humans do have circuit. It's still there, only that majority of them have become rudimentary and cannot be used for Magecraft, Command Spells still could stick on them just fine.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, Risei uses Sacraments and Prayers and shit, and these are just Church-flavored spells. Did God just descend and cast them for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    Araya explains it later in the chapter.

He is looking for people with different manifestations of the "Void" Origin. He is looking for these people not for the Origin, but as a way of finding someone actually born from the Spiral of Origin/"Kara".
    Can you source where you mean this to be? Because I looked at all occurrences of both 虚無 and 起源 in that book, both before and after the passage I originally posted, and there's nothing like that as far as I can see. There's Araya talking about Tomoe's origin being "worthlessness", talking to Ryougi about hers, and about how he prepared the sacrifices of the same kind (the thing I posted), talking about his own origin being stillness, reaching the "origin" of the APEX SPECIES, and a general "those awakened by their origin are dominated by it" and then some additional meandering when he dies out slowly.

So if you could post the passage you're thinking of, that'd be real helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

夜属 Nightkin
    He says they're different systems, that doesn't mean they are separate. And if you wanna argue source primacy, obviously F/SN is the more canon work, so what are you trying to say here.
    He says it in the context that he can use one without the other, it's pretty clear what is meant.
    And seriously you're arguing canonity of Fate/Zero? Usually newere information is considered more canon than the preceeding one, unless it's explicitly not meant to be canon like Strange Fake.
    Thing is, Risei uses Sacraments and Prayers and shit, and these are just Church-flavored spells. Did God just descend and cast them for him?
    I dont remember anything like that. Can you point to any instance where he was shown or said to use them? Even his entry in the Fate Zero Materials talks about how he has no magecraft training or knowledge of 'killing arts' that would let him deal with things like Dead Apostles like his son. Even his great skill in martial arts is said to be only at human levels, so he cant perform superhuman magical feats like Kirei.