Page 7743 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 674372437643769377337738774177427743774477457748775377937843 ... LastLast
Results 154,841 to 154,860 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

How large was Kitsy Land in Mahoyo? I'm getting contradictory statements. In the scene explaining the history of the park it says it's 350 kilometre square. But then afterwards it says a highschooler could run a lap through it in 20 minutes and after Snark transfigured the space it says it became as large as a city.
    So it's kinda confusing.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Post Snark is irrelephant, its magic
    Disney world is 120 km2 so the number is probably off

yup, checked its 350.000 square meters, which is 0.35 square kilometers so a 20 minute lap is possible,

and to reiterate. post snark is worthless
    Last edited by madarra; December 4th, 2022 at 02:35 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    350 Km? That's about double the size of my hometown, and we're at about 200,000 people now.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Post Snark is irrelephant, its magic
    Disney world is 120 km2 so the number is probably off

yup, checked its 350.000 square meters, which is 0.35 square kilometers so a 20 minute lap is possible,

and to reiterate. post snark is worthless
    Ah, my bad. I thought 350000 square meters was equivalent to 350 kms. This is why I hate these measurements.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Ah, my bad. I thought 350000 square meters was equivalent to 350 kms. This is why I hate these measurements.
    well, the official translation seems to be into american so you`ll have all the feet and farenheit you want.

For an area measurement of a property it'd probably be in acres, which is 1/640th of a square mile or about the amount of land a team of oxen can plow in a day. Gotta love the Imperial system.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Nah it's area so you'd have to square the multiplications too, 1000m per side or 1,000,000 total.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

how do psychic powers work? how do they form? are they connected to mystery? do they use mana/prana/od?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenhero36 View Post
    how do psychic powers work?
    They cause supernatural phenomenon through the user's abnormal sensory perception, like sight, with the most common type in Nasuverse being Mystic Eyes. For example, Fujino can contort the space and objects within her sight.
    how do they form?
    Genetic, but it initially manifests by chance, like accident or mutation. From then on it can be made hereditary.
    are they connected to mystery?
    Yes.
    do they use mana/prana/od?
    Yes. They're tied to Magic Circuit after all.

how do they interact with mystery? if esp uses magic circuits why is it considered distinct from magecraft?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They don't use Magic Circuits. The example Arcueid gives is that a psychic is like a whole Magic Circuit unto themselves, but that doesn't mean they have them. They probably use some kind of magical energy, but not in the same way you'd think for mages. Ultimately, a psychic enacts the arcane by simple 'action'; they don't need a medium like a Magic Circuits to connect to a bundle of traditions (magecraft foundations), pour a bunch of energy into it, etc. They simply interfere with the world in a different way.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Literally built different

US Friend Code
    I thought they were related to Magic Circuits since Mystic Eyes were referred as the oldest magecraft known to human according to Waver. And that it happened because natural mutation occurs in the Magic Circuits around the organ involved with the ability. Oh well.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    See this:
    Psychic Power [Others]
    Abnormal powers. Functions that normal humans do not possess. A kind of circuitry that leads to what are commonly called paranormal activities.
    Different from magecraft, inborn talents are absolutely necessary for ESP. Those possessing ESP circuits can induce paranormal phenomenons as naturally as breathing. The ESPers themselves take ESP for granted, and treat it as something they simply "can do". They only realise that they are abnormal after others (who can only comprehend "normal") have pointed it out.
    In this story, Asagami Fujino is an ESPer, but since she was tampered with somewhat, her ability falls between ESP and magecraft.
    ESP is normally an incidental occurrence, a sudden mutation limited to one generation.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I thought they were related to Magic Circuits since Mystic Eyes were referred as the oldest magecraft known to human according to Waver. And that it happened because natural mutation occurs in the Magic Circuits around the organ involved with the ability. Oh well.
    It is probably more fair to say that magecraft can emulate certain aspects of ESP.

Truly god-tier ESP cannot be reproduced by magecraft, e.g. Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    mystic eyes are different thing to psychic powers.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Literally built different
    Truly and I guess the implication is that not only do you need to be built different to even manifest them but there must be some sort of supernatural aptitude regarding the host body or they might end up holding an ability that could kill them.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenhero36 View Post
    mystic eyes are different thing to psychic powers.

Lol

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception [Others]
    Ryougi Shiki's ESP. Although it has some characteristics that are similar to the Mystic Eyes in magecraft, it is classified as an ESP.
    Eyes of Direct Death allows the user to perceive the the conceptual "Death of an Existence" as visual signals. Death emerges to the surface of an existence (objects, animals, etc) as lines. Cutting along the lines will result in "Death", regardless of the constitution or properties of the object.
    Ryougi Shiki acquired this power after spending two years in a comatose state and contacted " " (Kara) for a prolonged period of time. Shiki's body already had the ability to perceive the Lines of Death, the accident merely awakened this power.
    Of course, Eyes of Direct Death is only one aspect of the powers of this body called "Ryougi Shiki".
    - - - Updated - - -

Q: Are Ryougi's Mystic Eyes of Death Perception a type of Eyes of Clarity?

A: Yes. The Ryougis and Nanayas were good friends! (A long time ago)
    Although the two types of eyes are inheritable, if you consider regular Mystic Eyes as traits that modify the body..... something like the inheritance of the traits of the parents' body...... then Eyes of Clarity are the inheritance of fate and destiny......the offspring continues the parents' will and their quest.
    Even though Eyes of Clarity are the parents' karma reflected in the offspring, they can only be inherited by "humans" with high spiritual potential.
    In other words, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are a type of hybrid power. The cheating powers of both Shikis ought to have a limit!
    This is probably more telling.

Mages probably have the more "self-modification" type of Mystic Eyes.
    While the natural Mystic Eyes users can have all sorts of Mystic Eyes including those of "inherited karma and destiny".

- - - Updated - - -

On a more meta level, KnK and to a certain extend Tsukihime are stories about ESPers and monsters, so ESP plays a more prominent role.

The later stuff are more about mages and shenanigans, so ESP takes a back seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, here.
    This one from the vintage Side Material really makes this clear.

Mystic Eyes [Magecraft]
    Typically, single-action sorceries possessed by magi.
    They are created by changing the eyeballs, which by nature are passive receptors of information from the external world, into tools for actively influencing the external world.
    People within the user's field of vision will have sorcery cast on them without question, and should they happen to make direct eye contact the effect will be dramatically increased.
    In short, they are a fearsome sorcery trait – not only are they something that must not be seen, but simply being seen by them means you have fallen into your opponent's trap.
    Because of their conceal ability and capability, they are considered the mark of a first-class magus.
    Though, artificial mystic eyes are limited to effects on the level of charm or suggestion.
    The most powerful mystic eyes are those which are possessed from birth.
    Things like Rider's mystic eyes of petrification, or mystic eyes that can see the death of things, are "psychic abilities" that cannot be reenacted even with sorcery.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Good old direct death penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

夜属 Nightkin
    Is the capacity of magical energy you can hold at once something you can actively train for? Or just something that naturally increases as you mature?
    Like we see Shirou think that Rin's capacity in a few year will likely be double what it's during the events of UBW. Or how Waver between the events of Fate Zero and Case Files more than tripled his capacity.

Theory of magic only says that capacity varies by individuals and that excelent mages can store larger amounts.

US Friend Code
    I don't think so, since the amount of Magic Circuits in each individual is fixed. Instead magi could find ways to increase the amount for their descendants, which is why the older the lineage the better among their society's view. I could only guess that there may be dormant, unused parts of their MC that start to open up its channel as they get better in their craft. In Shirou's case, he could 'add' more MC using his nerves, but the method is said to be temporary and dangerous.

Then again, Magic Circuit isn't the only way for magi to store magical energy in their bodies. Their bodily fluids could do so as well; blood, mucus, lymph, saliva, and semen which is the basis for the infamous mana transfer in the VN.