Page 7738 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 673872387638768877287733773677377738773977407743774877887838 ... LastLast
Results 154,741 to 154,760 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Please tell me the Mogan's wiki is wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by TM Wiki
    At some point she had an affair with Lancelot.
    Like I don't want spoilers from LB6 but this seems like it's either someone misinterpreting a scene or a throwaway statement that is never elaborated upon, and I fear it is the second.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    They mention it when Meuniere is talking about tales from what's written about Pan Human Morgan, not that it happened in LB or PHH is confirmed or anything as far as I know, but she attempted to seduce real Lancelot in the stories it seems (I'm not sure if anything came out of that in Fate or Real life).

Happens in the prologue of part 2 of the LB, if you want to check it out, but basically it's chaldea talking about the Morgan lore they know of, it's not confirmed if anything happened in Fate, be it LB or PHH I'm pretty sure, and from what I've seen it was never an actual affair as much as an attempt to seduce. So pretty misleading to put it in the wiki but that's par for the course.
    Last edited by Kirishima; November 13th, 2022 at 09:54 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's much better, thanks.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why would it have been a problem if it had happened?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Which reminds me the wiki still has mistranslated info about Lu Bu's stuff being based on Guan Yu instead of Chi You which I tried to change but they reverted it back because I guess official translation above all even if mistranslated. Great wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohyuinshee View Post
    Gil has everything he has as a servant while he's alive. Being a servant is nothing but a nerf to him.
    He has almost all prototype of NP, but not all of it. He didn't have Vimana, machine guns, Vajra, Gram or any weapons that comes after him. As a servant he literally get all weapons that humanity collected.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Why would it have been a problem if it had happened?
    Because they decided to make Morgan into Vivian so she's also his mom. Not that arthurian stuff is stranger to incest but it's the kind of thing that should be properly explored if it's there, and it never was (and maybe never would? I don't think they've even adressed how Morgan=Vivian affected Lancelot's relationship with her, if it did at all).

Besides, I take a lot of issue with how often they deteriorate Lancelot's characterization in FGO for the sake of womanizer jokes, I don't want "oh he also banged Arthur's sister/lover" on top of it.
    Last edited by pinetree; November 13th, 2022 at 10:51 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That kind of thing happens when you're best known for sleeping with you best friend/boss's wife. I'm honestly surprised they didn't end up turning it into a NP or curse like Diarmuid.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    They mention it when Meuniere is talking about tales from what's written about Pan Human Morgan, not that it happened in LB or PHH is confirmed or anything as far as I know, but she attempted to seduce real Lancelot in the stories it seems (I'm not sure if anything came out of that in Fate or Real life).
    In Real Life nothing came out of it. The tale goes that Lancelot and his cousin Lionel go out adventuring, Lancelot falls asleep during a break in the woods while Lionel keeps watch, but Lionel got captured by a passing evil knight. Sometime after that Morgan and a group of other witch queens encounter Lancelot sleeping and they all want him for themselves, Morgan settles the dispute and takes him with her. Finally Lancelot wakes up imprisont by Morgan but not matter how much she tries he doesn't cave in to her seduction (too in love with Guinevere). Finally, Morgan gives up and convince Lancelot to champion her on some tournaments and stuff for his freedom. But the important thing of that episode is that the idiot painted explicit scenes detailing his affair with Guinevere on the prison walls. Years later, when Morgan gives up on her hatred towards Guinevere (Her attempts to coup d'etat Arthur were really more of a thing against Guinevere that something personal against him), Arthur stumbles upon her castle and they patch things up, however Morgan felt a little guilty and reveals to Arthur the paintings on her prison walls and his wife's infidelity with his best friend.

How this whole event plays out in Fate with the way Nasu wrote Morgan's character, no idea.

US Friend Code
    Morgan and Vivian's personalities would probably have been more deeply explored initially. Nasu was going to use PHH Morgan until he saw Takeuchi's designs and felt the aloof cold queen art he drew didn't fit PHH Morgan, so he came up with LB Morgan.

From here:
    The initial plot revolved around defeating Morgan, so during this stage the plan was to introduce PHH Morgan into the story… But the First and Second Ascension designs Takeuchi finished didn’t align with how I imagined PHH Morgan to be. I was like, “You’re telling me…this aloof beauty is that debauched, sly, scheming witch…?” What can I do then? So I remodeled her as Lostbelt Morgan instead, then conceptualized how the story would change with Lostbelt Morgan as the ruler of the Fae Kingdom…
    With LB Morgan's existence I doubt we'll ever get more about PHH Morgan in GO, so hopefully some future LN or something will dive deeper. PHH Morgan is a super interesting character to me, I really wish she had more exploring her.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    There were some setups that potentially tease PHH Morgan's appearance in the game, like Tristan's Interlude being the most blatant, but then scrapped somewhat. So there's that reason behind-the-scene.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Because they decided to make Morgan into Vivian so she's also his mom. Not that arthurian stuff is stranger to incest but it's the kind of thing that should be properly explored if it's there, and it never was (and maybe never would? I don't think they've even adressed how Morgan=Vivian affected Lancelot's relationship with her, if it did at all).

Besides, I take a lot of issue with how often they deteriorate Lancelot's characterization in FGO for the sake of womanizer jokes, I don't want "oh he also banged Arthur's sister/lover" on top of it.
    This is probably splitting hairs, but it seems the wiki made another mistake as they claim that Vivian is the one who raised him, but if you follow the source they cited you can clearly see in the raw text of Lancelot’s FGO profile it actually says it was “Nimue”.

Now I think most people will take it for granted that Nimue is just Morgan under yet another name, but to my knowledge that has yet to be confirmed anywhere in canon. And like you said, they haven’t done a good job of addressing how Lancelot’s relationship with Morgan went.

US Friend Code
    Actually:

Quote Originally Posted by LB6.2 prologue
    Holmes: If that is the case, she may have three personalities—perhaps each independent from the other.

Holmes: Morgan, Artoria's good sister, the way she lived as a human.

Holmes: The way she lived as a fairy, as the Lady of the Lake, Viviane.

Holmes: The way she lived as the incarnation of Britain, Morgan le Fey.

Holmes: If you think of it that way, it's all consistent.

Holmes: The Knights of the Round Table did not attack Morgan because she was both good and evil.

Nemo: I understand. That satisfies my curiosity.

Nemo: ...Huh? By Viviane, do you mean Nimue? That's the alias of the fairy who imprisoned Merlin, isn't it?

Holmes: Yes. Morgan is the natural enemy of Merlin as well as King Arthur's longtime rival.
    Nemo says Nimue is just an alias for Vivian.

Blog Entries
    Wow, proved wrong in less that two minutes, that’s impressive.

Although I will maintain my position that the wiki should write it as something like “he was raised by a fairy claiming to be ’Nimue’ which was actually an alias for Viviane.”

The optimal way to read the wiki is to click on the sources and read that instead, and ignore everything that doesn't have one. Which I guess means the optimal way of reading it is not reading it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    There were some setups that potentially tease PHH Morgan's appearance in the game, like Tristan's Interlude being the most blatant, but then scrapped somewhat. So there's that reason behind-the-scene.
    It really do feels that was a hint to LB6 that just went nowhere after Nasu has his change of plans.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    The optimal way to read the wiki is to click on the sources and read that instead, and ignore everything that doesn't have one. Which I guess means the optimal way of reading it is not reading it.
    Based and accurate.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Wait, why does Britomart not have the humanoid trait? Isn't that supposed to be reserved for the extremely non-human ones? Heck, even Hessian, Oberon and the other fairy knights all have the trait.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the only Servants lacking the humanoid trait are Ibuki, Britomart, and Summer BB. In theory, this should mean she's less person-shaped than proper humanoid character like Woodwose but... well, take one look at Woodwose.

That said, humanoid is trait only applied for two things:
    1) How effectively Nightingale can disable enemy by understanding the inner workings of their bodies.
    2) How effectively Izou can kill by knowing where are all the vital organs he needs to aim for.

With that definition, the only answer that comes to mind is Brito's inner organs are different. That also explains why automata aren't humanoid despite being literally modeled after the human shape.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Feels like it shouldn't apply to Summer BB then. If normal BB also lacked it one could make the argument that it was just BB's nature in general being a digital entity, but that's not the case. It seems like it has something to do with the outer god Summer BB was influenced by. My guess is that it might have to do with those that don't feel like they're human(oid) since Beast Kiara still has the trait which would make sense as she sees herself as human, while most of the other Beasts lack the trait, and the other one that has it is Mara who is a pseudo which is probably why.

EDIT: Also isn't Nursery Rhyme a doll/book? Doesn't feel like Nightingale or Ozou would be able to use their knowledge of human anatomy there.
    Last edited by Arete; November 16th, 2022 at 09:25 AM.