Page 7414 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 641469147314736474047409741274137414741574167419742474647514 ... LastLast
Results 148,261 to 148,280 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    Rider Nero has the good boy Sirrush.

Apo Mats.

That said the argument, as always, is that "Gil doesn't have it, but he probably has something that does the same thing because that's how Gil works". The statement in CCC is that Gil's sure he has a spear that does the same stuff/corresponds to VS, but he doesn't know which one it is cause Karna apparently never used it in his legend in Nasuland (don't ask me how he killed Ghatotkacha).
    Lemme be blunt, thats blatantly not the intention of the mats and gils statement as otherwise it would have been brought up to rebuke

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    It's "possible" for someone like that to exist in theory I guess, but if they did then they'd be outside the bounds of humanity/common sense. An ability like that doesn't seem suitable for "just" an A rank Noble Phantasm, and also clashes with some themes of the setting imo.

B's historically been the broken rank with the heavy-hitting early adopters like God Hand and Gae Bolg, but I think you can argue that C rank has challenged its throne in the modern day. D is still shamefully unrepresented though, justice for D ranks.
    Not necessarily- it says complete deathlessness doesn't exist, but some of our heroes already come pretty damn close. Karna's 90% damage reduction armour- Ninety percent- is a B rank. Armour that's completely impenetrable could be an A, you'd have to hit them somewhere the armour doesn't cover, or remove the armour first, or trump it with a weapon that doesn't interact with armour.

Hell, we saw something like that even in Fate- flashback to Saber bashing Gil everywhere she could reach, but wasn't able to get through his armour.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

vasavi shakti being specifically mentioned as ~special and not in GoB~ is a bit dumb though since GoB isn't supposed to have those specific NPs anyway, just their originals
    so are we saying there are no beam-spears in GoB? or no anti-divine spears? or specifically just not VS itself or its direct prototype that would counter it?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think the point was that it's a god-made spear.

The idea is that Gil has all the original human made things, just not Divine Constructs and so on.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It would be kind of stupid and headache-inducing, because he'd probably have seen himself ahead of time, and at some point would have realized that's who that guy was and that would have colored his 100% natural suffering experience. Throne existing out of time makes the pendant thing mostly okay.

That said, the only way Emiya's goal of killing himself is possible is if he's actually summoned into that original timeline.

What isnt stupid and headache inducing at this point? That explanation doesnt make much sense to me since it would be even more ridiculous to assume the same events happend up to and beyond rin able to save shirou from lancer, yet assuming archer does not appear despite the same exact conditions existing for archer to be summonedl.

Especially since seeing archer doesnt really matter much to shirous end goal(for fate route its saving arturias heart, not aRcher). He can be told to his face who archer is but hes still going to attempt the same things and perhaps go through the same experiences. Its what around all that stuff which mattter to his decisions later on in life.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    vasavi shakti being specifically mentioned as ~special and not in GoB~ is a bit dumb though since GoB isn't supposed to have those specific NPs anyway, just their originals
    I always thought that because he owned the originals, he also claimed ownership of the derivatives as well. Like how he got Caladbolg 2 from the GoB.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Because Heracles can take damage from attacks ranked above B.
    This would make sense to me if that was the only thing God Hand did. I'm fine with eg. Armor of Fafnir being B-rank. But the other stuff it does on top of that (12 x revive + adaptive resistance), and the way all the different components synergize with each other, makes the overall performance of the NP considerably better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    How did we get to the point of B being a "lower rank"
    Well, E-rank and D-rank NPs are super rare compared to the other ranks. In Stay Night, Hollow and Zero combined, the two lowest ranking NPs are Verg Avesta and Breaker Gorgon (D and C- respectively), and everything else is C-rank or better. So even though in theory the scale goes all the way down to E, and B is the second best rank out of five, in actuality it feels more like C-rank is for weak NPs, A-rank is for strong ones, and B-rank is for mediocre ones.

Also, I can't find it right now, but I'm pretty sure Nasu said in one of the Comptiq Q&As that an "average Noble Phantasm" would be B-rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I always thought that because he owned the originals, he also claimed ownership of the derivatives as well. Like how he got Caladbolg 2 from the GoB.
    Wasnt that only in DEEN?

I mean the whole human only thing still doesnt make much sense, even if we presume gil manually collected a bunch of divine stuff which is fine

But he also has things made after his time BY nonhumans like gram which was made by a dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I think the point was that it's a god-made spear.

The idea is that Gil has all the original human made things, just not Divine Constructs and so on.
    that's not true though, there is no such limitation

There IS such a limitation, it's just that "made by gods/supernatural beings/the planet" and "being a divine construct" are not the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer exists outside time. Shirou doesn't.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Don't think about it too hard.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Exactly, who owns "Fate Grand Order"? Type-Moon or Sony?
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; August 3rd, 2020 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    This would make sense to me if that was the only thing God Hand did. I'm fine with eg. Armor of Fafnir being B-rank. But the other stuff it does on top of that (12 x revive + adaptive resistance), and the way all the different components synergize with each other, makes the overall performance of the NP considerably better than that.

Well, E-rank and D-rank NPs are super rare compared to the other ranks. In Stay Night, Hollow and Zero combined, the two lowest ranking NPs are Verg Avesta and Breaker Gorgon (D and C- respectively), and everything else is C-rank or better. So even though in theory the scale goes all the way down to E, and B is the second best rank out of five, in actuality it feels more like C-rank is for weak NPs, A-rank is for strong ones, and B-rank is for mediocre ones.

Also, I can't find it right now, but I'm pretty sure Nasu said in one of the Comptiq Q&As that an "average Noble Phantasm" would be B-rank.

I've counted Np ranks, if you remove all scaling NP ranks you theres like... 6 or 8 E rank nps in total.

Thats it, and two are from liz, two from prisma if memory serves, one is arcuieds if memory serves

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Type-Moon owns the intellectual property, Delightworks owns the code, Sony (via Aniplex) as the publisher owns some or all of the distribution rights.

There are probably more complicated arrangements in place but that should be the gist of it.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 3rd, 2020 at 10:24 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    It's probably set up like an anime where FGO PROJECT is a company which is in turn owned by Notes Ltd, Sony, Aniplex, in varying shares.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Some NPs cannot really be adequately measured in numbers. God Hand is one of them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The numbers are 11 and B.

My test notes say C and 3 though

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Karna's 90% damage reduction armour- Ninety percent- is a B rank. Armour that's completely impenetrable could be an A, you'd have to hit them somewhere the armour doesn't cover, or remove the armour first, or trump it with a weapon that doesn't interact with armour.
    Karna's armor is A though?

I think I was misunderstanding what you were saying regardless. I was reading it as you specifically talking about a burden of the body that is "can't get hurt by anything no matter what" cause of your "Baldr sans mistletoe" example, like no loopholes, no ways around it, no bullshit. If someone like that existed, they would be completely deathless, but if I misunderstood what you were saying then that's a moot point.

If it's just "they have an armament that's absolute", then I'd think the most direct example we have of "a defense that's completely impenetrable" would just be, like, good old Avalon, though you can argue that's more like being a dodge tank than having a high defense. Something that absolute doesn't strike me as "just" A, especially since we do have an A rank super defensive conceptual "block all your stuff" NP in Karna's armor, as you brought up, and it's not at 100%.