Page 7472 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 647269727372742274627467747074717472747374747477748275227572 ... LastLast
Results 149,421 to 149,440 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That's not the scarecrow then because the scarecrow already had a good head on his shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Which side of the Multiverse does KnK fall into? The Gaia > Alaya one or the Gaia < Alaya one?
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Which side of the Multiverse does KnK fall into? The Gaia > Alaya one or the Gaia < Alaya one?
    Spoiler for the latest El-Melloi volume just in case anyone isn't aware yet and still wants to go unspoiled:
    Spoiler:
    Latest volume ended with Mikiya receiving a letter from Touko, so KnK is in Fate/Alaya worlds.

I do remember an old statement that both Shikis couldn't coexist because only one MEoDP owner can be around or something. And something else about how Arc makes Touko's goal pointless or something? I'm less sure about that.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah, I am pretty sure it was said in Plus Disc that the Touko from KnK couldn't exist in the same world as Arcueid.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler for the latest El-Melloi volume just in case anyone isn't aware yet and still wants to go unspoiled:
    Spoiler:
    Latest volume ended with Mikiya receiving a letter from Touko, so KnK is in Fate/Alaya worlds.

I do remember an old statement that both Shikis couldn't coexist because only one MEoDP owner can be around or something. And something else about how Arc makes Touko's goal pointless or something? I'm less sure about that.
    That isn't really evidence that KnK is in any verse.
    For instance, from Bamboo Broom, we know that the work Mahoyo is set in the Tsuki side. However, there are enough references in Fate works to know, events from Mahoyo have played out in the Fate side as well.
    Therefore, all we know is that the events of KnK have happened in the Fate side and have not in the Tsuki side. The world conditions for the work KnK is still unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't Araya afraid of Alaya spitting Counter Guardians on his building?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty sure it was said in Plus Disc that the Touko from KnK couldn't exist in the same world as Arcueid.
    Something about how Arc represented Touko's end goal and so if they were in the same world Touko would be after her for her body iirc.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Rakkyo is Fate because you can roll for them.

Tsuki fans your days are numbered, cherish them while you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Wait until Nasu introduces Converging Phenomenon, where two or more 'branch' could potentially merge due to their outcomes are the same, just with different means, methods, causes, etc.

Unless that terminology already exists?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought even in Mahoyo that Alice Kuonji lived in the same mansion that the Arimas lived in in Tsukihime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I thought even in Mahoyo that Alice Kuonji lived in the same mansion that the Arimas lived in in Tsukihime?
    It's the same place as the Tohno mansion. So really it's an example of how even though they're in the same "world" of timelines there can be big difference or very small differences, although now with the remake we'll likely see the Tohno mansion moved to a different location, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Wasn't Araya afraid of Alaya spitting Counter Guardians on his building?
    He was just afraid of the counter force interrupting his plan, and there's enough talk in knk itself about how alaya prefers to just guide random people first hand (and Araya even thinks Enjou was guided by the counter force even if Shiki disagrees), and I think it still works in Fate worlds because just because Alaya isn't strong enough to summon guardians to defend itself doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all/doesn't have any influence. I mean, humanity still existed as the apex species (presumably, since it's safe to assume it's not just an identical texture) until the 21st century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Wait until Nasu introduces Converging Phenomenon, where two or more 'branch' could potentially merge due to their outcomes are the same, just with different means, methods, causes, etc.

Unless that terminology already exists?
    Timelines will get even more stupid so dont wish for that

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Well, it was more of a joke than an actual wish really. But who knows the excuse they're going to go with for that collab.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Timelines will get even more stupid so dont wish for that
    tired: Nasuverse timelines hard

wired: have you seen the absolute buffoonery going on at DC comics
    Last edited by All fictions; January 13th, 2021 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Is Yumina (what Mahoyo Alice used) a sub-category of witchcraft or is it considered to be a different thing (but still have some connections to witchcraft)?

Something about how Arc represented Touko's end goal and so if they were in the same world Touko would be after her for her body iirc.
    Yeah, the problem is that the statement is 20 years old and claims Touko wouldnt go into puppetry if epitomes of human bodies are reacheable otherwise.
    And that was fine for like 15 years,Touko is hunting her Ultimate body via puppetry in Fate lines, but then FGO needed to fill up skill roster so you got stuff like Natural Body, Golden Rule(Body) walking in on Toukos goals but shes still into puppetry, cuz meta-wise a Touko not doing puppets isnt really Touko.
    And how far can you change a character till people lose interest.(As rolling for Jpegs show, quite a lot as long as people still like the Jpeg.)

US Friend Code
    Is this chart accurate in regards to Touko, Alba, and Araya? If so, why are they in Archaeology instead of Creation if Inorai was their teacher and Touko's thing is making dolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Is this chart accurate in regards to Touko, Alba, and Araya? If so, why are they in Archaeology instead of Creation if Inorai was their teacher and Touko's thing is making dolls?
    They being there is from Kara no Kyoukai.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lev is from Archeology and Clock Tower 2015 described him as an old friend of the Aozaki sister, so the chart maker assumed Touko was his classmate. Alba and Araya are confirmed to be her classmates (under Inorai) so they're thrown in the same category Touko was.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in Kara no Kyoukai it was said they were in that department. I think back in the day arai translated it as Universal Research.

This was before they even gave us the full list of departments in Clock Tower 2015.

EDIT:
    「そうだよ。当時、祖父の元から飛び出してしまった私には住みかがなかった。一から工房を作れるほど技術も 資金もなかった新米魔術師は、大きな組織の下に入るしかないと打算したのさ。大学と一緒だ。機構自体は古び 、磨耗し、衰退しているが施設そのものに罪はない。大英博物館の裏側には古今東西の研究部門があった。流石 は現在の魔術師達を二分する協会だ。アレは、私が望む以上の秘蔵量だった」
    I think found the line, but it doesn't really talk about a specific department. I guess that's from where the misunderstanding comes.
    Last edited by yokushi; January 13th, 2021 at 04:11 PM.