Page 7552 of 7565 FirstFirst ... 6552705274527502754275477550755175527553755475577562 ... LastLast
Results 151,021 to 151,040 of 151299

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    As for this part, just to make sure I'm understanding. So you're saying basically that the authority AoG mages use from their gods are basically the "Foundation" and they use the Divine words as the "magic formula"? (or the activator of the magic formula) Did I get it right, something like that.
    Foundation is really a modern magecraft concept. It's basically "what rules do you play by as a magus".
    "Magic Formula" is the specific clause from your rulebook.

If you play by Age of Gods magecraft, your Divine Words invoke your God/God's specific power. I guess you can say the Divine Words are the formula.

If you play by modern magecraft, your spell actually has no power. Your spell hypnotizes yourself so you can access the modern Magic Formula that are carved into your school's Foundation.

So ya, Western Foundation is not the only Foundation. You can use exotic powers as your Foundation.

nice, makes sense. Thanks for the help.

And while we're here. as for the skill rank Highspeed Divine words(Rapid words of divine)B-A that we've seen so far. is the difference in rank just to say the Speed at which the person uses the divine language. Because I'm pretty sure Divine words are like an actual language the mages had to learn to use. And during circes play in Salem she quotes medea to have "One of a kind" spell weaving. So Is it safe to presume the ranks in HSDW are to reflect how fast someone can weave together spells with said words. or do you think its reflecting something else?
    This will be my final question.

I guess you can say speed, or you can say power.
    In spellcasting, speed is power.

I think the ranks of High Speed Divine Words reflect how powerful of a spell you can cast with 1 action or 1 word.
    I guess if you are EX rank, then you can drop a moon on someone just by pointing at him, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post

I think the ranks of High Speed Divine Words reflect how powerful of a spell you can cast with 1 action or 1 word.
    I guess if you are EX rank, then you can drop a moon on someone just by pointing at him, or something.
    Being a master of divine tongue-twister is being the best mage.

Alrighty that's all outta me for now. Thanks, cya.

But then we get Circe who is explicitly better at magic/has better talent at it, and also the whole actually being a Witch vs a Witch larper who doesn't know how to Witch like Medea being B rank so who knows how it makes sense. Does it make sense?

It doesn't tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    But then we get Circe who is explicitly better at magic/has better talent at it, and also the whole actually being a Witch vs a Witch larper who doesn't know how to Witch like Medea being B rank so who knows how it makes sense. Does it make sense?

It doesn't tbh.
    Casting faster does not necessarily mean your spells are always better though.

Like a faster rapper is not necessarily a better rapper.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave

Now we just need to know what magecraft's equivalent to mumble rapping is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Flat
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

I mean does HSDW B cast slower than HSDW A tho?

All you need is a word after all.

Do we know who wrote the HA sex scenes?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Do we know who wrote the HA sex scenes?
    VNDB lists it as Aramoto Kei (阿羅本景).

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    So, over time humanity has been moving onto using Human Supremacist Magecraft as they increasingly depend on patterns established by humanity exclusively?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean does HSDW B cast slower than HSDW A tho?

All you need is a word after all.
    World-altering Grand Rituals are not the same length. Compare UBW and Blue, for example.

Like, maybe A rank 1 word = 10 lines, B rank 1 word = 7 lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    So, over time humanity has been moving onto using Human Supremacist Magecraft as they increasingly depend on patterns established by humanity exclusively?
    More like humans were being rejected by nature as well as Gods, and also began to degrade as a species.

Then human just went full Bender, and be like "I am going to build my own Mystery with blackjack and hookers".
    And thus modern magecraft was born.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Probably what Cornelius Alba was doing.

World-altering Grand Rituals are not the same length. Compare UBW and Blue, for example.

Like, maybe A rank 1 word = 10 lines, B rank 1 word = 7 lines.

- - - Updated - - -

More like humans were being rejected by nature as well as Gods, and also began to degrade as a species.

Then human just went full Bender, and be like "I am going to build my own Mystery with blackjack and hookers".
    And thus modern magecraft was born.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably what Cornelius Alba was doing.
    TBH we'd need a reason to believe that Circe casts slower than Medea.

Is this a special talent of Medea? is Circe just really good in all facets except for this? Because if it is so, it's kind of a heavy nerf. I don't think Circe needs say double the time of Medea to cast a instant contract or A rank spell for example.

Is it a matter of the contract with your god? Does Circe have B rank because she doesn't need to rely on Hecate authority as much as Medea?

I mean we have no information whatsoever and nothing really points to Circe having any lacking abilities or having anything lesser than Medea. The only thing that feels different at all is just gameplay.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Flat
    I thought he's more like free jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

What character material is this? Also can i check it out somwhere?

Character Material:

Ado Edem

Introduction: Knight Arm Slash Emperor
    The Knight Arm that Ado Edem possesses. The sword that consumes planets.
    It is a simple Knight Arm that is able to grow according to the size of its opponent.
    The seed that Edem holds in his hand sprouts and grows at the speed of his thoughts.

However, with regards to this sword’s use of True Ether (Grain), it requires huge quantities to manifest itself, and needs an enormous convertible energy source.
    As the sword grows larger, it chips away at the earth to do so. This method of gaining energy by eroding the earth is similar to that of the old world. Edem’s Knight Arm can be called the embodiment of human nature, as it destroys the world in order to protect humans.
    Before it takes form, the Knight Arm stays in a seed-like state, and when Edem awakens it by driving it into the earth, it grows like a plant.
    Pictured is its usual battle state. The blue aura-like part is not the Grain released by the blade, but the sky split open by the blade. Splitting apart the “red sky” of the wasteland world and displaying its true state is the dignity of Slash Emperor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is true ether really the same as grain?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    From what I've been told here, Grain isn't True Ether but rather a product of the dead Earth in Notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    From what I've been told here, Grain isn't True Ether but rather a product of the dead Earth in Notes.
    Weren't the types mentioned to be made of them? So isnt it unlikely to just be an earth product?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC Grain is what the earth releases one it's dead, is what poisons humanity to the point that humanity changed itself into the Liners and A-Rays to adapt, and makes GG need all those expensive drugs just to survive.

Another "I'll take you down with me" tactic from the planet that didn't work as well as intended.

Now that ufotable is done with F/SN, I really want them to do Notes as the next Nasu project. That is unless they decide to do a proper Fate route. Or Hollow. Or Tsuki:Re. Or Melty. Or DDD.
    Last edited by Mattias; September 19th, 2021 at 04:09 AM.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Lol, I just went on a deep dive and my only conclusion is that Land of Steel ideas have been retconned and abandoned.

If you go to Angel Notes and the OG Character Material book, you will see definitive evidence that Nasu's original idea was that:
    Grain = True Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element

There's really no disputing, because Grain was literally the ruby text for True Ether. And Black Barrel, the slayer of Grain, is made of Fifth True Theoretical Element which antagonizes the Fifth Imaginary Element (i.e. Grain).

I think all of the above have been abandoned.

Between Mahoyo and FGO, we know:
    Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element, used to replace the now lost Fifth True Theoretical Element

True Ether = Fifth True Theoretical Element

Soooo, ya, the terms have been shuffled and the meanings kind of changed.

Incidentally, the original Angel Notes described Grain as a particle that cannot be precisely measured. I think the intention is for it to be space dust as the story described (or I guess something like photons?), rather than actual mana.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; September 19th, 2021 at 04:18 AM.