Page 7554 of 7562 FirstFirst ... 655470547454750475447549755275537554755575567559 ... LastLast
Results 151,061 to 151,080 of 151240

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean Fate/Stay Night exists for Medea wank.

If anything other casters need to try to reach her level.
    Yet for all her focus in the VN, she's still the only OG servant who's hasn't gotten a SR version.

Well Kojiro too, but as a not-quite-a servant, it actually fits him.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    He's also the dragon slayer of France despite this, so good on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Kojiro, in his fights with Artoria in UBW, she only dodges Tsubame Gaeshi the first time because of her Instinct Rank B, and the second time, she wins because the tip of Kojiro's Monohoshizo is chipped. Could better swordsmen among the KoTR, like Lancelot, or really any other better swordsmen, outright counter the move at its best? I wasn't sure if this fit better here or in Badass Vs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Yet for all her focus in the VN, she's still the only OG servant who's hasn't gotten a SR version.

m e d e a l i l y
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post

Well, Kojiro has been buffed so much, I'm half-convinced he rivals some higher-rarity Servants in term of utilities.
    My current support slots

Record so far

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Well, Kojiro has been buffed so much, I'm half-convinced he rivals some higher-rarity Servants in term of utilities.
    I mean lore-wise he kinda sucks for like anything beyond his ideal circumstances. He shines in a battle that plays solely by his rules and ignores Noble Phantasms. He's impressive but he's not really functional outside of being a gatekeeper in a bounded field that makes noble phantasms and magecraft unable to just nuke him to death from the other side of the city...

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Kojiro, in his fights with Artoria in UBW, she only dodges Tsubame Gaeshi the first time because of her Instinct Rank B, and the second time, she wins because the tip of Kojiro's Monohoshizo is chipped. Could better swordsmen among the KoTR, like Lancelot, or really any other better swordsmen, outright counter the move at its best? I wasn't sure if this fit better here or in Badass Vs.
    They'll eat shit tbh.

its instinct that let her figure out the gap and let her beat it after all.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point is that you cannot counter it with regular sword play. You are attacked from all sides simultaneously like a swallow trapped in a cage.
    However, at the end of the day, you are just getting stabbed.
    If you can tank the stabs, it's no big deal.

Tsubame Gaeshi was only a big deal in Fate because Sabre was so nerfed by being Shirou's servant that such a mook actually poses a threat.
    Regular fully charge Sabre would probably just vaporize him with the gate when she recognizes the trick.

Even Super Rin Saber can't quite mana burst hard enough to reduce the damage to 0 against a beheading strike.

The problem is that the type of people who can just tank it are people like Jiegfriedo or Herc.

uhh basically its lined up as a crit hit, so its a problem of avoiding a crit/fatal hit that's impossible to dodge too.

Regular fully charge Sabre would probably just vaporize him with the gate when she recognizes the trick.

In normal circumstances Saber could just Strike Air Kojirou if not for Medea's Boundary. But you can't recognize the trick due to his skill, or rather it'll be 100% effective no matter how many times he spams any sort of move or swordplay.

Even Super Rin Saber can't quite mana burst hard enough to reduce the damage to 0 against a beheading strike.

The problem is that the type of people who can just tank it are people like Jiegfriedo or Herc.

uhh basically its lined up as a crit hit, so its a problem of avoiding a crit/fatal hit that's impossible to dodge too.

In normal circumstances Saber could just Strike Air Kojirou if not for Medea's Boundary. But you can't recognize the trick due to his skill, or rather it'll be 100% effective no matter how many times he spams any sort of move or swordplay.[/B]
    I think you are giving it way too much credit.

The whole situation was very arbitrary in the story. Kojiro was set up with the all the advantage he could get to force a close-quarter, no-NP fight.

Most of the time, you don't have to fight by Kojiro's terms.

If you fight by his terms, you are just getting cut. This ain't Gae Bolg where you automatically have your core shattered. It's 1-3 stabs depending on how lucky you are.
    Mooks may die to it. A-tier servants I doubt will die in one round. And they won't let Kojiro to have a round 2.

The question is if any other Servant's godlike/transcendent swordplay could somehow counter it, and also, since Saber was able to dodge with Instinct, what about other Servants with Eye of the Mind (False) or similar such skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kojiro held of Herc, so...
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; September 20th, 2021 at 09:52 PM.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The question is if any other Servant's godlike/transcendent swordplay could somehow counter it, and also, since Saber was able to dodge with Instinct, what about other Servants with Eye of the Mind (False) or similar such skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kojiro held of Her, so...
    Counter or dodging it physically? No, and that's the whole point. He is cheating by distorting time-space so you cannot do anything about it.

The only way to counter it would be through other Mysteries or distorting Causality (which is what Instinct is).

I was kind of getting at you can probably "counter" it by face-tanking it if you are a good Servant.

So basically, if someone else's swordplay could also distort causality, they could find a way out?

So basically, if someone else's swordplay could also distort causality, they could find a way out?
    Theoretically yes.

Realistically no.

It is made pretty clear that frank Destiny-interference/distortion of Causality is realm of the divine. See god weapons like Gae Bolg and Fragarach.

I thought we had a few of those, or at least Musashi.

I thought we had a few of those, or at least Musashi.
    Not physically with regular sword play though. It's like a paradox. If one of your techniques results in Destiny-interference, it would become a Noble Phantasm, thus not "regular sword play". See the example of Gae Bolg.

Musashi would have to use Noble Phantasm, which is what I am getting at. You have to counter Tsubame Gaeshi with Mystery or Destiny-Interference.

Sabre countered it with regular sword play, which is unusual. However, in her case Tsubame Gaeshi was not launched in full or in ideal circumstances.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; September 20th, 2021 at 10:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    That's not the fairest example because Musashi is sorta defined by winning against Kojirou. She has a Skill that practically just says "Not hit by Tsubame Gaeshi".

US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Empyrean Eye. Though if they're by themselves, without third party to observe, they're doomed to fight forever.

The way they're described; TG let Kojiro branched the event into three possible paths, and EE made it so that only one path, the one Musashi wanted, will happen, which then TG branched into three paths again. It's a neverending loop.

EDIT: Oh. He's talking about Voidless. Welp, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; September 20th, 2021 at 10:56 PM.
    My current support slots

Record so far

JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Empyrean Eye. Though if they're by themselves, without third party to observe, they're doomed to fight forever.

The way they're described; TG let Kojiro branched the event into three possible paths, and EE made it so that only one path, the one Musashi wanted, will happen, which then TG branched into three paths again. It's a neverending loop.
    That is not what Comun is referring to. It's this skill:

Voidless : A

The highest rank a swordsman can attain. The ultimate mental state. Equivalent to the Yagyuu Shikage-ryuu’s Suigetsu.
    Becoming voidless is, consequently, becoming invincible. Only a swordsman who has achieved mental Infinity can perceive voidlessness.
    Not even a slash that uses the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon can reach someone voidless.

夢想一心

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kojiro held of Herc, so...
    Tis impressive, but he held off Herc with Medea debuffing Herc and having the territory advantage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Counter or dodging it physically? No, and that's the whole point. He is cheating by distorting time-space so you cannot do anything about it.

The only way to counter it would be through other Mysteries or distorting Causality (which is what Instinct is).

I was kind of getting at you can probably "counter" it by face-tanking it if you are a good Servant.
    Well, Artoria is a very tanky servant who can reduce a lot of damage with Mana Burst, with Knight of the Round super armor.

I feel like if your criteria for facetanking is people who can ignore Tsubame Gaeshi then it's kind of hard.

Most cases of servants being able to tank attacks doesn't come from like, tanking hits without any mitigation. Even karna's armor won't save you from Noble Phantasms and such given that Saber Alter gets defeated and practically killed by 10% of Bellerophon Pegasus's charge for example.

Besides, there have to be a few Servants good enough to at least mitigate the damage TG can do through sheer skill, right?

Tis impressive, but he held off Herc with Medea debuffing Herc and having the territory advantage too.

Well, Artoria is a very tanky servant who can reduce a lot of damage with Mana Burst, with Knight of the Round super armor.

I feel like if your criteria for facetanking is people who can ignore Tsubame Gaeshi then it's kind of hard.

Most cases of servants being able to tank attacks doesn't come from like, tanking hits without any mitigation. Even karna's armor won't save you from Noble Phantasms and such given that Saber Alter gets defeated and practically killed by 10% of Bellerophon Pegasus's charge for example.
    Again though, I think you are giving Tsubame Gaeshi too much credit.

At the end of the day, it's 3 sword stabs. Even 10% of Bellerophon is way more powerful than it, because you are getting rammed by a Phantasmal Beast and getting hosed with high rank anti-army magnitude effect.

The gimmick of Tsubame Gaeshi is the Magic level phenomenon, not overwhelming damage.

You can argue that "the hits are all aiming for the face", but then again most anime hits are aiming for the face and people don't seem to die.
    It's a neat trick that works well in very specific circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, there have to be a few Servants good enough to at least mitigate the damage TG can do through sheer skill, right?
    Probably ya, but the idea is that you are getting stabbed at least once.

The hope is that you don't die like a bitch from the stab that gets you.