Page 7299 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6299679971997249728972947297729872997300730173047309734973997799 ... LastLast
Results 145,961 to 145,980 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    fair enough. but doesn't gaia only request two conditions: loyalty & strength?
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 20th, 2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Imagine sitting in an otherwise empty room, but all around you are a bunch of TV screens. Every screen shows a different parallel world. You're able to observe every one of them (though you might not necessarily want to), and by fiddling with the controls on each TV you're able to change things to an extent in the timeline you're viewing at the time.

That's what kaleidoscope is — operation of parallel worlds.

I guess it would also be possible for you to in some horror movie sense crawl into each TV as well if you wanted.
    Thank you, that helped a lot
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Imagine sitting in an otherwise empty room, but all around you are a bunch of TV screens. Every screen shows a different parallel world. You're able to observe every one of them (though you might not necessarily want to), and by fiddling with the controls on each TV you're able to change things to an extent in the timeline you're viewing at the time.

That's what kaleidoscope is — operation of parallel worlds.

I guess it would also be possible for you to in some horror movie sense crawl into each TV as well if you wanted.
    Oh my god! Zelretch is the architect!

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Every screen shows a different parallel world. You're able to observe every one of them (though you might not necessarily want to)

Assuming such power comes from the root, hence why he could have acces to every world, then here's another question, as this is a thread of questions:

Why Zelretch has yet to enter FGO timelines?

Of course, he could just be eating popcorn while we're at it and frankly that would be a lot like him. But I mean, besides DW, Nasu and Takeuchi deciding arbitraly "he won't appear because of drama and we need more gacha banners" what could possibly be the reason for him to just not to appear?

My hypothesis would be that he simply couldn't do better than Ritsuka and also because the point of FGO is that all timelines were severed (which makes choosing one to "observe" wouldn't work, as all observable timelines were = humanity dies).That is, there was not much to do anyway. But even then wouldn't his presence be enough, like helping Gudao with the other things we know and not know that Second Magic is possible to do?

Also, Cosmos in the Lostbelt has an specific element that also makes whatever external entity to be incapable to interfere. Would that also stop Zelretch from coming through Kaleidoscope hence being the reason why he hasn't appeared also in the second part of the story?

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do lostbelts even count as timelines?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't know how much spoiler I could say here but, a lostbelt is basically a realocated timeline that was closed/prunned for some reason but reactivated by the foreign god/grail+crypter/world tree and currently eating up FGO timeline space and time. My explanation is garbage because there is not much info about it, but it is basically that.

The point of that vehicle that Lolinardo rides is to actually travel between a barrier that is similar in nature to the divisions between timelines, as Gudacompany couldn't just rayshift to different lostbelts because they had no access to chaldea (I think they might have access to a clone now because of Sion). I assume Second Magic could do the same or even better than rayshift or the vehicle.
    Last edited by migliole; November 20th, 2019 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by migliole View Post
    besides DW, Nasu and Takeuchi deciding arbitraly "he won't appear because of drama and we need more gacha banners" what could possibly be the reason
    "Besides the literal actual reason, what could the reason possible be?"

gee i fuckin wonder
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean the in lore reason. The literal reason has always an equivalent inside the story to justify... right?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Do lostbelts even count as timelines?
    Lostbelts are timelines that were supposed to have been deleted by the pruning phenomenon described in Extella, but somehow they survived and now they're competing to become the "real" timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding Zelretch, isn't there some quote somewhere that if he interacts with a world that somehow locks that specific world into place? In universe that may be why he's avoiding the Lostbelts.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post

Regarding Zelretch, isn't there some quote somewhere that if he interacts with a world that somehow locks that specific world into place? In universe that may be why he's avoiding the Lostbelts.
    That was one of my hypothesis, but that was only for the first part, as in theory, after defeating Goetia and solving all singularities, at least possibilities of humanity surviving would reappear.
    However, that does not apply to Lostbelts, as even the next one we're going to see, the Atlantis, that is 80% of the planet has yet to overwrite and become FGO timeline itself.

Also, Nasu said that the three routes of FSN VN are not true in this Kaleidoscope locking by observing thing even though Zelretch appeared in the end of HF anyway, which means he can enter timelines without having to actually observe them. I mean, even with Strange Fake, he is still "deciding" which route will be the true one right.
    Last edited by migliole; November 20th, 2019 at 01:18 PM.

It's probably exactly like SFs case tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So in the end it would be just a case of we being limited by the perspective of the MC? Can't say it is the first time.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Why Zelretch has yet to enter FGO timelines?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's because he's dead, Jim. First from the simultaneous-across-all-time incineration of three thousand years of history, and next from being disintegrated by an alien tree-god. There's not really anywhere to come from, in these two cases, and even when he's inevitably revived alongside everyone else when Mash asks Super Shenron to fix things post-Part 2 that's probably just going to be the end of FGO1's story.

Also, well, why on earth would you want to go to the FGO timeline? It's probably much better to just avoid it entirely by, I dunno, having Lev commit suicide and I guess maybe stopping Area 51 from poking that root or something.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Of course, he could just be eating popcorn while we're at it and frankly that would be a lot like him.
    depends on the flavor
    I can't see Zelretch as a kettle corn man for the life of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Also Merlin already play the part of the "benevolent outside voyeur observer", at least in the first half. Two of these characters with the same role would be too much.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The point of Zelretch was not to observe, was to solve things faster. If you know what Second Magic is capable of, we wouldn't need most of what happens in FGO.

Blog Entries
    Well, many things would be solved faster if all the Magic users helped somehow. Also if void Shiki worked as a wishing well, or if Archtype decided to join the fun... But they all have their own reasons, and probably Zelrecht too. Maybe he's banging his self from other dimension
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

US Friend Code
    If there's a character who can solve all the problems of a story on his own then you generally want to keep him away from the story.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If there's a character who can solve all the problems of a story on his own then you generally want to keep him away from the story.
    ^Exactly^
    Maybe banging himself is more fun than saving human history
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Criarino View Post
    Well, many things would be solved faster if all the Magic users helped somehow. Also if void Shiki worked as a wishing well, or if Archtype decided to join the fun... But they all have their own reasons, and probably Zelrecht too. Maybe he's banging his self from other dimension
    Well, if Void helped, that would be the biggest retcon ever Nasu did, so the issue here is not even reason, but consistency. I mean, Yuishiki as servant is almost heretical already.

By all Magic users you mean the Mahou Tsukai/Sorcerers? We kind of already have the Third Magic user in one singularity and in a sense the Grails are based on it anyway. And the premisse of FGO is a development on the theme of the Fifth Magic.

Archetype doesn't even exist in this world as far as that last interview went.

My argument of Zelretch is that his Second Magic is so so impactful that it is just weird him not being relevant. It is like exploding a bomb in the middle of the city and all policeman near just go "what explosion? I didn't hear anything".