Page 7562 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 656270627462751275527557756075617562756375647567757276127662 ... LastLast
Results 151,221 to 151,240 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Add's hammer mode is equivalent in power to a D-rank Noble Phantasm, does anyone have a source for that? I kind of doubt it honestly.
    CF Volume 3, chapter 3
    The form revealed of the Mystery within that Noble Phantasm was this time - a large hammer.In one smooth motion, I spun my whole body. Releasing magical energy from the back of the hammer for an instant like a jet, it accelerated in a display of its full power.
    For a Heroic Spirit, it was equivalent to a D Rank, Limited Form - Battering Ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Why is it Shirou Day?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    some rando said so
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Two years ago a bunch of people on Twitter started using the same image of Shirou as their icons all on the same day as a joke, and it's become a yearly thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Why is it Shirou Day?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    CF Volume 3, chapter 3
    Well is this saying it's like a D-rank NP, or as strong as a Servant's D-rank STR stat? Because those are different levels of power right? It reads kind of like the latter to me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Well is this saying it's like a D-rank NP, or as strong as a Servant's D-rank STR stat? Because those are different levels of power right? It reads kind of like the latter to me.
    Neither, it's D rank Prana Burst

Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It'd be easier if you posted this question in the actual spoiler thread, since this thread is technically spoiler-free (thus you ought to spoiler tag your post).

Tsukihime R spoilers
    As for your question. Idea Blood is indeed similar to Reality Marbles. In fact, many suspect that the many Reality Marbles used by the Ancestors have been replaced by this concept. The kanji used for writing Idea Blood (原理血戒) also sounds vaguely similar to the kanji used for writing Reality Marble (固有結界).

That said, it is not entirely the same. A reality marble is at the end of the day, a Bounded Field. It will eventually disperse through the pressure put upon it by the world. But Idea Blood is not that easy to get rid of. It is 'a poison that infringes upon the world'. Vlov has to actually suppress it himself by desperately consuming human blood as "heat" to counter its "cold" (in his case). Once unleashed, Vlov himself is not exempt from its effects. He can't move very fast, and is always assaulted by a feeling of terrible cold.

I could also recommend reading this post by me, which has translations of most of the explanation given in the game about Idea Blood.

Tsukihime R spoilers
    does every daa suffer from the uncontrollableness or is it just him

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Tsukihime R spoilers
    does every daa suffer from the uncontrollableness or is it just him
    Tsukihime R spoiler
    The implication is that Vlov can't really control it because he's a bit too weak. Arcueid mentions that Idea Blood is something that requires a 1000-year base to fully operate. Those who don't have that, usually get "crushed" by its curse. Vlov however, learned some sort of trick from a Dead Apostle (heavily implied to be Roa) so that he can actually somewhat use it. This "makeshift" structure of his situation seems to be the cause as to why he's so unstable.

Alright so I haven't really read Case Files but I've read about the Beast Magecraft that Svin uses and from what I understand users of this magecraft lose their humainty because of that magecraft right? And Svin is another case that Waver helped.

Quote Originally Posted by TTMACHINETT View Post
    Alright so I haven't really read Case Files but I've read about the Beast Magecraft that Svin uses and from what I understand users of this magecraft lose their humainty because of that magecraft right? And Svin is another case that Waver helped.
    Yeah. Because most of Svin has slowly merged with Phantasm Wolf like his bone and nerve,... But the help from Waver... not so sure about that. At this point, I dont see any hints that Waver will interfere with Glascheit family. Also "Day of decisive battle" section in Svin's profile seems to imply that Svin will become a wolf one day.

As in literally merged? and what is a phantasm wolf?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CF Mats, Svin
    Magecraft that borrows the abilities of animals exists all over the world, but the Glascheit family’s strain of magecraft is rather eccentric. It functions not by drawing out a powerful bestial nature, but by transforming oneself wholesale into an animal. Nerves, muscles, bones, and even the cerebrum are rebuilt in a process rivaling the theoretically extinct werewolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by CF Mats, Beast Magecraft
    The name given to the field of magecraft that utilizes one’s bestial nature.
    While this magecraft eats at the minds of those of the Glascheit family, many other forms of it are more mild. For example, enhancing one’s sense of smell to be like that of a dog, enhancing one’s legs to run as fast as a horse, or enhancing one’s eyes to see in the dark like a cat.
    Possession by a fox or a dog god, famous in Japan, are also examples of this magecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by CF Volume 3 Chapter 1
    Svin's body had transformed.

Close enough to be mistaken for that legendary Phantasmal Species, the muscles of his body rippled and the hair of his body stood with the firmness of metal, giving the impression of a werewolf. No, his actual self couldn't have changed. Looking closely, one could see that his clothes and shoes remained undamaged by the transformation. The bizarre magical energy that wrapped itself around the young man's body was simply attempting to give off the impression of a werewolf.

Rather than werewolf, perhaps the term Phantasmal Wolf was more appropriate.

Bestial Magecraft.

Across many lands, magecraft was a pursuit that sought to replicate the abilities of animals in people.

No, it wasn't just magecraft. The number of Chinese martial arts, like Xingyiquan and White Crane Boxing, that took hints for their movements from those of animals was too high to count. In the west, motifs of swans and lions frequently appeared in dance and art as well. Since the time when mankind split itself off from the animal kingdom, it had revered it as a source of Mystery.

Such was the nature of Svin Glascheit's magecraft.

Just as the term Berserker originally referred to warriors who clad themselves in bear skins, his art was to draw forth a tremendous bestial nature from within himself. Infusing his body with the Mystery of beasts, he acquired an overwhelming level of speed and strength that far exceeded simple Strengthening magecraft.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Doesn't Kadoc have a similar magecraft style? Do we ever see him use it?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought his was Beast killing Magecraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Would Goetia's plan to return to the planet's formation to become the planet replaced the entire multiverse?

I was under the impression he wont since by multiverse rules he will only create an entirely new timeline where he's the planet. But many people keep bringing that it would and now im having doubts that maybe im the wrong one.

Outside mooncell, singularity, lostbelt and shenanigans which are under set areas and conditions, does the nasuverse operate under MCU rules or xmen days of future past?

Even having just rewatched all the xmen movies (feel for me) I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll assume you mean in the sense that time is a solid/one single linear timeline. In that case, no, that's usually not how the nasuverse operates. Choices sprout off into their own timelines and branches (though not necessarily every little choice, I guess, who knows) but the universe doesn't allow an infinite selection of timelines to exist. Instead, what happens is that the ones who are closest to each other are grouped together to form a "trunk" (in the sense that all timelines are part of a "Tree of Time"), and then any new timelines will stem from the choices established in that trunk. Sort of like when they make a sequel to an RPG but but they base the canon choices of the first game on what most people picked, so even though your playthrough had entirely different choices, now when you play the second game you have to base it on the "collectively" selected choices.
    Any other timelines that don't fit into this for various reasons (too divergent, or too stagnated) get removed entirely.

But most importantly here is that these "trunks" are formed every now and again, and are the QTLs of the time tree, and those are basically locked, so if you do go back in time, you can make different choices entirely compared to the original past, but the major outcome of a QTL cannot be changed. For example if Arthur went back in time and did everything differently as king, Camelot would fall no matter what, just the process of it might be different.

So then, what Goetia did was unravel these "locks", which meant that he actually COULD go back and change the past because there wasn't anything that would magically revert the outcome, and so if he then goes all the way back to the beginning of all timelines, and changes what happened there, then as a result you'll have all new timelines (an entirely new time tree, you could say) sprout from that, effectively replacing all that was there before.

Whether it would've affected the entire multiverse, as in, would it just affect the "time tree" that (most) Fate worlds inhabit or would it also affect all Tsuki worlds etc, I don't remember if we got an answer for, actually, but I think some collabs sort of implied that it maybe would? Someone else with more recent memory can probably answer that better.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

I feel like QTLs seems out of place in a multiverse that branches off of one another even if its function is only to limit outcomes instead making one whole singular linear timeline

If anything goetia unraveling them SHOULD open for a lot more possibilites, which in hindsight actually kind of make sense as it would benefit his plan

So if what you said is if goetia did come back and became the planet and replaced everything by creating a new timeline wouldn't he literally retcon himself off since he himself only came from a singular branch? Wasnt the multiverse theory created exactly to avoid the paradox issue?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    I feel like QTLs seems out of place in a multiverse that branches off of one another even if its function is only to limit outcomes instead making one whole singular linear timeline

If anything goetia unraveling them SHOULD open for a lot more possibilites, which in hindsight actually kind of make sense as it would benefit his plan

So if what you said is if goetia did come back and became the planet and replaced everything by creating a new timeline wouldn't he literally retcon himself off since he himself only came from a singular branch? Wasnt the multiverse theory created exactly to avoid the paradox issue?
    He's trying to travel back in time to a time when paradoxes didn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The birth of a single planet in the vast universe is hardly a time without paradoxes tho. Now if he went to something like the Root per say that might actually make sense