Page 7474 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 647469747374742474647469747274737474747574767479748475247574 ... LastLast
Results 149,461 to 149,480 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    I would guess it was still set up by Zolgen, Justeaze, and Nagato, but for some reason was never activated until 2004. Just me guessing though.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought that was the prevailing consensus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Well thanks to Apo, we know that basically any random mage can set up a grail war in 70 years or less as long as they know the basic blueprints.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that, an army, a zeppelin, and some suckers to make a greater grail more than a hundred years before that which you use the first two to steal.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Im talking about the "sub-species grail wars" which poped up in such great number and suckered so many, that every mage in Clocktower got a 2 rank promotion for not being dumb enough to participate in one.

The actual point being, thanks to Apo, grailwars are "easy" to setup. No 1000 year obsession needed, no need for fancy norse treasure. Just "materials" and time, the timeframe being less than 70 years

US Friend Code
    Weren't those wars on smaller scale too though? Like they summoned less than 7 Servants and their Grails never worked.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Well thanks to Apo, we know that basically any random mage can set up a grail war in 70 years or less as long as they know the basic blueprints.
    Well, copying others work is much easier than developing stuff on your own.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    FsF is copying other's work. Apo is robbing other's house to steal their finished manuscript and then publishing it yourself later.

It probably is a matter of

1: how good is your spiritual land
    2: how good is the base of your holy grail (Rhinegold, etc.)

For making a holy grail.

So really, the good holy grails would probably be made by some high up magus that's wanting to sponsor a holy grail for some spooky reason, or has some goal beyond magic or a get rich scheme to get past.

Wait, the Rhinegold was the base of the Holy Grail? I remember no such thing. I thought Justeaze's circuits were the foundation for the Grail?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Kirei said in FSN that the Einzberns owning the Rheingold is why they were good at making the Grail (Mirror Moon mistranslated it as "the golden rule of the line"). Though I never was quite sure if that meant it was literally made of Rheingold or what.

Huh, maybe having the magical treasure allowed them to develop super OP alchemy skills needed to actually make the Grail?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    To be precise, Kotomine said on day 13 of Fate route that the Einzberns are experts in Rhinegold lore, and Siegfried confirmed that they have it in one of his FGO My Room lines (if don’t count Tiger Dojo Illya having Rhinegold as her NP in the Hanafuda game as confirmation, which no one did until Sumanai’s update).

Then came speculation that the Illya’s Dress of Heaven is the Rhinegold, or made of it, or the Greater Grail is made of Rhinegold or whatnot. The only thing everyone seems to agree on is that the Rhinegold’s curse is the reason why the Grail War always goes wrong.

Maybe the humans turned to gold by the dress of heaven are the Rheingold.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    To be precise, Kotomine said on day 13 of Fate route that the Einzberns are experts in Rhinegold lore, and Siegfried confirmed that they have it in one of his FGO My Room lines (if don’t count Tiger Dojo Illya having Rhinegold as her NP in the Hanafuda game as confirmation, which no one did until Sumanai’s update).

Then came speculation that the Illya’s Dress of Heaven is the Rhinegold, or made of it, or the Greater Grail is made of Rhinegold or whatnot. The only thing everyone seems to agree on is that the Rhinegold’s curse is the reason why the Grail War always goes wrong.
    Of course the family run by a magical AI would think owning cursed gold is a good idea. Actually, I'm pretty sure only magi would take it without really foreseeing the consequences, even knowing that it's cursed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the Rhinegold were all the friends the Einzbern made along the way... wait
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

A good deal of those friends seem super dead...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean most of the friends the Einzbern made were probably mass-produced models with in-build redundancy, of course they'd be
    expired
    dead
    by now.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Abstract: The reason why FGO is a 'halfway world' that has Tsukihime traits like FSF, is that Marshbully has come across the seven grands keeping a Beast in check like they do Primate Murder in Tsukihime, except this time it was somebody else working for Altrogue because Fou never became it. Maybe Goetia itself, which would be how he got his hands on a matching catalyst. Thus the FGO Fuyuki war was a direct copy of THAT summoning system, becoming very different than what we know from Fate, and summoning a Grand was possible at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe 'VII of the End', or Alien God, was the beast that the Grand Servants were keeping in check in the first place, it became able to act and influence the Crypters because it was briefly left alone, and all of FGO is the old man's great plan to ill it for good by taking it out of the context of its original timeline.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Of course the family run by a magical AI would think owning cursed gold is a good idea. Actually, I'm pretty sure only magi would take it without really foreseeing the consequences, even knowing that it's cursed.
    People in the Nibelungenlied already thought it was a good idea. Greed trumps self-preservation and all that.