Page 7427 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 642769277327737774177422742574267427742874297432743774777527 ... LastLast
Results 148,521 to 148,540 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

cortez holds absolute conceptual advantage over anything south of nevada, quetz will lose

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Just wait until we get Saber Bolivar.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code

Is Aoko using a figure of speech here or are there really 10 commandements but for magi? She says later that the concealment of mystery is the first of the Association's 3 great principles, so I assume she is being hyperbolic in this particular instance but I just wanna make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

The word used here is 十箇条, basically "article/clause/item", which I guess is just like general guidelines for how magi should behave, considering this first point.

The other thing you're referring to is 三大原則, which is just "three great principles", so it's not the same thing, but it's not hard to imagine that the 3 principles are closer to actual commandments, and the ten clauses are more like guidelines or whatever. Maybe Case Files sheds more light on this, but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Can someone explain how jason's NP work? Based from gameplay he summons argonauts like herc,atalante and medea lily. Is he summoning them like for real? Do the summoned version have access to their NP? I remember those 3 appearing in okeanos. Was that because of jason?
    If so sounds pretty broken. If someone were to summon jason they can have additional servants on their side tho with the downside of being sucked dry of mana

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Astrapste Argo summons an amount of Argonauts to help him in battle. The more righteous he is, the more crewmates support him. Conversely, when he's being a piece a shit (Okeanus) people chose not ride with him and his NP becomes pretty shitty. Though I assume he should get at least Heracles and Medea no matter how low he steps. And in a more heroic role, he should get Ceanis, Dioscuri, Asclepius and a lot more.

From his FGO animations, the Servants summoned by Jason doesn't to use NPs.

As for the mana consuption, we seen a very similar Noble Phantasm from Richard I in /strange Fake and that's a huge mana drain, so I'm assuming Astrapste Argo is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Astrapste Argo summons an amount of Argonauts to help him in battle. The more righteous he is, the more crewmates support him. Conversely, when he's being a piece a shit (Okeanus) people chose not ride with him and his NP becomes pretty shitty. Though I assume he should get at least Heracles and Medea no matter how low he steps. And in a more heroic role, he should get Ceanis, Dioscuri, Asclepius and a lot more.

From his FGO animations, the Servants summoned by Jason doesn't to use NPs.

As for the mana consuption, we seen a very similar Noble Phantasm from Richard I in /strange Fake and that's a huge mana drain, so I'm assuming Astrapste Argo is the same.
    So no official word yet if the summoned version can activate their NPs yet. If i had to guess based from okeanos maybe they can?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okeanos didn't say Medea Lily and Herc were from his NP.

I just assumed it because of his NP. Not sure if he summoned them or not

US Friend Code
    I assumed the mechanics of Jason's NP worked pretty much like Rounds of Lionheart, which makes me think they wouldn't be able to last long enough or be far enough away from him for the Okeanos versions to be from that.

- - - Updated - - -

If they could be away from him and use their own NPs then Astrapste Argo would be really fuckin broken.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Part 1 FGO went pretty hard on chain summonings, particularly in the early chapters (Fafnir/Siegfried, Alexander/Darius, etc.), so there's definitely a chance that Medea Lily + Jason + Herc + Atlante were just that rather than Jason's NP. Or, well, Medea summoned them. I honestly don't remember if they answered this in Okeanos and tbh I don't feel like rereading it to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    So no official word yet if the summoned version can activate their NPs yet.
    Following the pattern of Richard, Iskandar and Okita's NPs that can also summon their friends to help them on battle, it's most likely that the argonauts also won't be able to use their own NPs. The writers have no reason to break the pattern now just to make Jason that broken
    Anyway, Jason is most likely to be included on the next FGO material book, so it won't be long till we get the official word about it

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Following the pattern of Richard, Iskandar and Okita's NPs that can also summon their friends to help them on battle, it's most likely that the argonauts also won't be able to use their own NPs. The writers have no reason to break the pattern now just to make Jason that broken
    Anyway, Jason is most likely to be included on the next FGO material book, so it won't be long till we get the official word about it
    Unless rule of cool strikes again in which case i wont be surprised. Just like how a certain grand was summoned in lb5 due to someone "preparing" the summoning instead of the usual where the CF summons them or so ive heard. But if that really is the case that is some serious lowballing done to the CF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Part 1 FGO went pretty hard on chain summonings, particularly in the early chapters (Fafnir/Siegfried, Alexander/Darius, etc.), so there's definitely a chance that Medea Lily + Jason + Herc + Atlante were just that rather than Jason's NP. Or, well, Medea summoned them. I honestly don't remember if they answered this in Okeanos and tbh I don't feel like rereading it to find out.
    What exactly is chain summoning? I hear it a lot but i cant find anything explaining what it is. I thought the apperance of so many servants during the singularity was the World's attempt to oppose the servanys summoned by the enemy side

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chain summoning is how the Servants summoned are the ones with bonds of fate to the previously summoned Servants. For example, Septem starts with the Roman Emperors getting summoned, which chains into Boudicca, Spartacus and Alexander. Alexander then chains into Darius and Waver. Waver then chains into the fellow Three Kingdoms Servant Lu Bu, who chains into another Chinese Servant, Jing Ke.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Chain summoning is how the Servants summoned are the ones with bonds of fate to the previously summoned Servants. For example, Septem starts with the Roman Emperors getting summoned, which chains into Boudicca, Spartacus and Alexander. Alexander then chains into Darius and Waver. Waver then chains into the fellow Three Kingdoms Servant Lu Bu, who chains into another Chinese Servant, Jing Ke.
    I cant find the right words to describe this. Too deus ex machina? Anyway what causes it in the first place and at what point does it stop cause from the way you described it sounds a lot like it could go on and on.

I cant find the right words to describe this. Too deus ex machina? Anyway what causes it in the first place and at what point does it stop cause from the way you described it sounds a lot like it could go on and on.
    There's not really anything deus ex machina about it, it just means that servants summoned in a singularity/lostbelt are gonna be somehow related to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

It's mostly just an excuse for why you have similar Servants in a singularity rather than just being a completely random pile. The first example is that Jeanne Alter summons Fafnir in Orleans and thus Siegfried shows up somewhere because if one's there so's the other, the second is the whole Septem clusterfuck although IIRC the only explicit chain summon is Darius chasing after Alexander, and then later on you've got stuff like Brynhildr showing up in Lostbelt 2 because someone summoned Sigurd.

I think most of Septem was just Flauros and Romulus manually summoning emperors, but that Singularity is the single worst-written chapter in the game so who knows.

But, like, Doylistically they're just going "this chapter's going to be all about dragons, so let's include as many dragon-slayers as we can (note that St. George is also in)" "this chapter has Alexander the Great, so let's include Darius III".

It's just fancy handwaving to give an in-universe excuse for why it's not just a random hodge-podge of Servants (even though it usually is).

How does journey to the west work in nasu, xuanzang IRL lived in the 7th century AD, and its explicitely mentioned in her profile that she lived in that era.

Journey to the west has gods, magic, demons and all sorts of AOG just everywhere

Tamamo possessed Bao Si in 8th century China. Some magical things stuck around on the mainland for quite a while - there's still some out there right now, hidden out of sight. Paisen's a Xian!

It was probably somewhat different (Xuanzang's a lady, for instance), but I'd wager that the broad strokes are probably still the same. Xuanzang-the-Servant has made reference to the other main characters, I guess.

Blog Entries
    islands are a little bit special.

(the eurasian landmass is a very large island)
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty