Page 7405 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 640569057305735573957400740374047405740674077410741574557505 ... LastLast
Results 148,081 to 148,100 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    So, Soulshift actually?

Poor Heavens Feel, constantly losing it's status as True Magic.

That actually makes me wonder

All examples of heavens feel seem to have super immortality + a bunch of other bullshit, so why do they say that the third in extra has been cracked when they still die and stuff, it seems at best a partial use like servant summoning at best.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I always reasoned that you don't have to die in the Mooncell, you just "die" because those were the rules in place during the Grail War. Presumably, one could just ask the Mooncell to never delete anyone again.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    That actually makes me wonder

All examples of heavens feel seem to have super immortality + a bunch of other bullshit, so why do they say that the third in extra has been cracked when they still die and stuff, it seems at best a partial use like servant summoning at best.
    Heaven's feel is "materialization of the soul", so if you can materialize the soul then you've cracked the problem -> demote Heaven's Feel. Just because your soul is materialized doesn't mean it can't be destroyed by advance forms of attacks that is specialized in dealing with souls, so while you don't expire in that state (immortality), you will still die if you are killed.

Blog Entries
    I don't really get world texture? Like what makes up world texture and why does it need linchpins like Rhon? Also what's up with Types like why would Planets with no life wants them just let velber do all the anti civilization stuff.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Uh the TYPEs are Ultimate Ones, aka the strongest lifeforms on their respective planets. That doesn't mean the other planets in our SS have no life.

US Friend Code
    Textures are different layers of reality spread out over the planet. Like imagine if the planet was a basketball, then textures would be different blankets wrapped around it. The human world is a texture, the Reverse Side is a texture, and the ocean where the Wandering Sea is located is a texture too. Lynchpins like Rhongmyniad hold textures in place, and without them their respective texture would disappear. So like without Rhon, the human layer of reality would vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    I don't really get world texture? Like what makes up world texture and why does it need linchpins like Rhon? Also what's up with Types like why would Planets with no life wants them just let velber do all the anti civilization stuff.
    The term "texture" is actually pretty literal in its description. Each texture is a metaphysical "layer" over the planet, but to continue the ball analogy: a table tennis ball is smooth and glossy, while a regular tennis ball is fuzzy. They have different textures, in the literal sense. This fact also results in both of them behaving differently (ignoring what's inside the ball for the sake of this).

So let's say that in the beginning, there were only regular table tennis balls. One day, someone ended up putting the exterior of a regular tennis ball on all the table tennis balls, so now they play like shit. So in order for table tennis to continue as it had always done, you would have literally had to also change the properties of physics which interact with the ball.
    This is pretty much how world textures work as well. Whatever species become the apex/prime ones of the planet cover the world in their own unique coat of paint to make it suit them more specifically, but since the world will not tolerate any paradoxes or inconsistencies, then it also needs to retcon history itself. So when humanity took over, science was the hot topic, and so the world would now be governed by natural laws of physics, which also retconned all the magical history to fit with that.

If the pins weren't there, the texture would come loose, and the texture below it (in the current case, the AoG texture) would be on top again. However, I don't think we really know if pins are just for human textures, or if AoG ones even have them in the first place, but it would make sense for it to just be human-specific because the world hates us or whatever.

As for Types: we don't know that all planets have them. Almost all planets in our solar system do, but Earth itself doesn't, so there's already precedent for other planets not having Types. And like others said, even if a planet had a Type, that doesn't mean Velber couldn't have destroyed them as well. Type just means you are the highest, most powerful being on the planet, not that you're some invincible weapon of mass destruction (even though that's what the Types in notes appear as).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Reishift
    Your spirit/soul is being shifted.
    bruh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar's Angel View Post
    YYH is a bit different iirc. While for Spiritrons and the Spiritual Particles in Bleach both use 霊子. YYH uses 霊気(wich you can read as "Reiki"), which is in the most martial-spiritual sense of the thing you usually see. A non-corporeal energy present in living beings that when handled with dexterity allows for feats beyond the normal. At least as far as I remember.
    Must've gotten it mixed up with something else (possibly Bleach). My point is that these "soul particles" aren't really anything special when it comes to japanese media.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Must've gotten it mixed up with something else (possibly Bleach). My point is that these "soul particles" aren't really anything special when it comes to japanese media.
    Bleach has both Reishi and Reiki (as well as Reiatsu, which comes up more often since it's the pressure/powerlevel created by the former). EDIT: This was wrong, it doesn't have Reiki.

But also, well, it's literally just "soul particle". No wonder it's common, if you're talking about ghost physics it's a kind of natural term to use. "Spiritrons" are in some ways a direct translation of that, what with using the -tron suffix you see all the time in elemental particles (neutron, electron, etc.)
    Last edited by neveron; July 9th, 2020 at 05:54 PM.

Wait, where does Bleach use Reiki?
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    It also seems like that in the Age of Gods there were multiple Textures (mini-Textures?) corresponding to the different mythologies. For example, Mesopotamia is reffered to as a different "world" to the Greek one.

Blog Entries
    true IRL as well!
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    It also seems like that in the Age of Gods there were multiple Textures (mini-Textures?) corresponding to the different mythologies. For example, Mesopotamia is reffered to as a different "world" to the Greek one.
    Yeah, like Surtr explicitly burned away the Norse texture. It makes sense; since they all had their different mythologies, the world would need to be different in each region for those all to be real at the same time.

JP Friend Code
    Yes. Although there are still general stuffs that played the role of shaping the planet's environment before textures came to be and then became involved with some textures down the line. Such as Tiamat is the primordial sea during the earth's genesis, then later she became the basis for Mesopotamia's creation myth so she got extra attributes from said texture, such as earth mother worship granted her Potnia Theron despite her being a sea goddess. Ea was one of the very early gods who was building and stabilizing the planet's surface before many gods started building their own country (perhaps country here = texture?). Before the Greece texture exist there were native deities in the area, then comes the 12 spaceships from another universe. The local people gave them names, worship them as gods, and together with other native deities they formed the whole myth. The Xians of Chinese myth were originally terminals of the planet with purpose of managing the planet's surface, then they became part of the Chinese pantheon's texture.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Olympians "overtaking" the indigenous mythology also sounds similar to how Age of Gods ended due to the change of the Prime Ones.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was just a reference to the transition from Mycenaean civilization to Archaic Greece.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Mycenaeans also worshipped the Dodecatheon, you're thinking of the Minoans.

But even then, as far as I know there's really nothing much between "primitive Earth/Fertility Goddess statuette" and the Olympians, deity-wise.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 10th, 2020 at 12:16 AM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Wait, where does Bleach use Reiki?
    Sorry, I remembered things entirely wrong. I mixed up Reiki with the other stuff: Bleach has Reishi (spirit particles, as opposed to the Kishi living things are made of), Reiryoku (spiritual power, power level) and Reiatsu (spiritual pressure, e.g. showing your power levels). There's also Reikaku (spiritual sense, the ability to sense spiritual pressure) and various other smaller terms because when your story is about ghosts you get a lot of use out of the kanji for "spirit".

Can Brahmastra Kundala shatter Luminosité Eternelle? And if yes can anyone here provide a citation? I've seen some people saying it can but cites are rare and I don't feel like re-reading Apo just to look for this one detail.