Page 7432 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 643269327332738274227427743074317432743374347437744274827532 ... LastLast
Results 148,621 to 148,640 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Time to ask if the original text used BC AD or BCE CE to find out how Christian centric it is.

US Friend Code

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As Reign's pic shows, it very clearly says BC/AD.

And "The night before AD: The First Magician is born."
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    So this is a dumb question, and I think the answer is already "no", but I'll ask anyways to be sure.

From what I understand when a mage uses Reinforcement they're basically using magical energy to fill in the metaphysical gaps/imperfections in an object to make it better physically and conceptually. Is it possible to draw that energy back out of an object after its been reinforced, or does the act of reinforcing it bind that energy to it permanently until the thing has been broken? My guess would be that "no, you can't un-reinforce something" since that would kinda fly in the face of the Tohsaka jewel craft being special because their gems can store excess magical energy. As a bonus, does the magical energy used to reinforce an object eventually leak out and you lose the enhance capabilities as time goes on?

You probably need a special trait like/better than Rin to be able to be able to undo your spells and get any refund.

Reinforcement does seem to just fade sometimes . Shirou had to repeatedly reinforce the desk he was using to block Rins salvo in UBW, but it could just be Rins MP chipping away Shirous.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Wait, I thought the First Magic was responsible for the creation of False Ether when True Ether was gone, thus allowing for Modern Magecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ether is a thing since the 0020s AD, which is definitely a time Jesus was alive, but other than that, I don't know of anything hinting that connection.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    typical rookie mistake. lean too much on your crypto-hegelian narrative of world history and you end up writing christian apologia, no matter the set dressing. expect Christ to feature in FGO part 3 and/or the next big Fate product
    What if part 3 is a religious prophet's greatest hits instead? Jesus, Moses, Muhammhad, Buddha, etc., and like one single anti-religion person who's super annoyed he's in the same group as them, Nietzsche or something.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I remember someone pointing out the timeline we got based on the first and third means the first three magics were discovered in like a year?

I do wonder if the whole thing of AD is a red herring, as nasu does mix archeology together as well and we theorize jesus was born 6BC-4BC

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    What if part 3 is a religious prophet's greatest hits instead? Jesus, Moses, Muhammhad, Buddha, etc., and like one single anti-religion person who's super annoyed he's in the same group as them, Nietzsche or something.
    Or maybe Alistair Crowley. Also, would replace Buddha with Maitrēya specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Ether is a thing since the 0020s AD, which is definitely a time Jesus was alive, but other than that, I don't know of anything hinting that connection.
    I think the rationale was that since the First is Denial of Nothingness, True Ether no longer existed, and ether clumps are somehow involved in the First, it somehow was related to denying the lack of True Ether, thus creating False Ether, and thus allowing modern Magecraft to be a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That would be just a bit too reddit, even for Nasu. By that I mean to say that such a thing as you describe would be retarded in a tired and unoriginal way, whereas what TM inevitably does will be, I assure you, retarded in a new and unexpected way. Probably Jesus will be a Tamamo or something
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    That would be just a bit too reddit, even for Nasu. By that I mean to say that such a thing as you describe would be retarded in a tired and unoriginal way, whereas what TM inevitably does will be, I assure you, retarded in a new and unexpected way. Probably Jesus will be a Tamamo or something
    We long ago moved on from the bread and the fish, and now Tamamo Cat, recognising the futility of a special power that can only be used by one person to save the many, resorts instead to advancing mankind's ability to feed itself and is now making Chaldea's food.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    So, Jesus is just a Jewish Tawara Touta?

Quote Originally Posted by some ancient entries in this thread and TM Wiki
    He [Caubac Alcatraz] has lost his original body and his current body is one that has taken on a form that supposedly resembles a padlock
    Wiki sources to some kind of Japanese wiki, can I get a direct source on this if it is even true? I'm a bit distrusting of TM Wiki just saying something is the case when I have no source other than apparently an entry on the 27 ancestors, even reverse searching the text
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Those who have completely lost their original bodies are Nrvnqsr Chaos, Stanrobe Calhin, TATARI, Gransurg Blackmore, Caubac Alcatraz, and Michael Roa Valdamjong.
    just points me to sites like fanfiction.net, amino, spacebattles,etc

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I think basically everything that we know about hipster DAAs is from Plus Period, so if it's not there, it's not likely to exist. Still possible for it to be randomly dropped in an interview or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I think basically everything that we know about hipster DAAs is from Plus Period, so if it's not there, it's not likely to exist. Still possible for it to be randomly dropped in an interview or something.
    Yeah I know for a fact that it isn't from Plus Period or even Mahoutsukai no Hako (what little is translated and summarised anyway)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Source is Arcueid saying he has a keyhole in Track 00 of the Hako drama CD.
    I'm pretty sure Mr. Cellphone's character profile corroborates that, but I can't confirm it.

Pretty sure that's something that all the True Magic's we've seen were able to (kinda) do.

Heaven's Feel: Imma take your soul and put it in a new container, You're alive again!
    Blue: Imma take the moment of your death and make it a thousand years from now!
    Kaleidoscope: Imma chose a different timeline where you didn't die to make canon/grab a you from another timeline!
    None of these are actual true "revival of the dead", which is something that none of the true magics (that we actually know stuff about) can do and is why characters keep repeating this claim that it's not possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The unknown years of Jesus (also called his silent years, lost years, or missing years) generally refers to the period of Jesus's life between his childhood and the beginning of his ministry, a period not described in the New Testament.[1][2]

The "lost years of Jesus" concept is usually encountered in esoteric literature (where it at times also refers to his possible post-crucifixion activities) but is not commonly used in scholarly literature since it is assumed that Jesus was probably working as a carpenter in Galilee, at least some of the time with Joseph, from the age of 12 to 29, so the years were not "lost years", and that he died on Calvary.[2][3][4]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_years_of_Jesus

tfw the creation of ether coincides with the "unknown years of jesus"
    Last edited by You; September 24th, 2020 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine, you're a first century Galilean, and you order a bench from your local carpenter. And he delivers you a clump of ether instead.

No wonder Jesus was unpopular in his home town.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots