Page 7676 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 667671767576762676667671767476757676767776787681768677267776 ... LastLast
Results 153,501 to 153,520 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    man, this makes me wonder what magecraft was like back in the 6th Century AD in Saudi Arabia. It was aptly name Zaman Jahiliyah or the Age of Ignorance.

Blog Entries
    There's already a pre-Islamic Arab mage technically, the Queen of Sheba.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    "Right, If I remember correct that she was suppose to be from what now is Modern Yemen."

Blog Entries
    I don't know if you'd call him a mage exactly, but even Cursed Arm is doing some wacky stuff that would definitely be adjacent to whatever we learn of Middle Eastern stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, pretty much all of the Hassans are using some kind of Magecraft.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    "Yeah, he grafted the hand of Shaitan which basically the Islamic equivalent to devils. SO, Yeah there has to be some magecraft involved there "

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Remember back when people thought King Hassan's Azrael was some form of MEoDP? Good times.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Holy Church uses a magecraft system and changes the whole terminology to claim Sacraments are a totally different thing from heretic magecraft, so I'm think the works of the Hassans might be something like that.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Like, I think is because the MEoDP was the only frame of reference they have at the time to explain King Hassan NP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Holy Church uses a magecraft system and changes the whole terminology to claim Sacraments are a totally different thing from heretic magecraft, so I'm think the works of the Hassans might be something like that.
    It fits with the concept and teachings of Islam like with the whole codification of the Quran and there is a straight up rule that said magic was sinful or banned. Though I wonder how that would translate into the Nasuverse.

US Friend Code
    I still think he should have had them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    There's already a pre-Islamic Arab mage technically, the Queen of Sheba.
    Isn't she from Ethiopia in Fate?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Big brain moment on the Church part, and possibly every other religion-based Magecraft; Utilizing power of faith so that their brand of Magecraft remain strong in the face of decline. Well played.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Isn't she from Ethiopia in Fate?
    The Sabaean Kingdom historically spans across South Arabia and part of Northeast Africa.

I forget, what is the difference between mana and ether? since it seems like ether is present throughout the world and it seems linked to mana in some ways

Blog Entries
    IDK if I should be asking this here or in the Arcade thread, but did we ever get a profile on Sodom's Beast? Or at the very least, information on her Skills and NP?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I forget, what is the difference between mana and ether? since it seems like ether is present throughout the world and it seems linked to mana in some ways
    Mana is the magical energy originated by Earth and present in the air around everyone. Od is the magical energy originated inside every living being's body.

We don't know for sure about od, but mana was made of True Ether until Jesus/Yumina's birth, and the current mana is made of the regular Ether we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
    IDK if I should be asking this here or in the Arcade thread, but did we ever get a profile on Sodom's Beast? Or at the very least, information on her Skills and NP?
    Yes for Alterego, no for Beast. Arguably also no for Alterego if we're applying the bare minimum standard for what "information on her Skills and NP" is.

Blog Entries
    Yes for Alterego, no for Beast. Arguably also no for Alterego if we're applying the bare minimum standard for what "information on her Skills and NP" is.
    sasuga arcade

Thanks for the info anyway. At leasr now I know not to look for stuff that doesn't exist

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    If you think about it, the modern magecraft and the Church rites basically started at the same time.

From the Church's perspective, they may very well looked like that they came up with this stuff all by themselves.
    Circuits can be born from faith (just look at Kotomine), so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Big brain moment on the Church part, and possibly every other religion-based Magecraft; Utilizing power of faith so that their brand of Magecraft remain strong in the face of decline. Well played.
    I don't think that really does much. It's already a foundation and magecraft no matter what they do. The only thing the church is doing is being in denial that lalalala its not the same as these heresies and magic, that we hate for... some reason! But its ok when we do it.

Unrelatedly a thought going over old profiles and materials.

Perhaps it might come off as a no shit sherlock to others who were more keen and observant than me but going over Circe's FGO mats information I noticed this.

Metabo Piglets.
    A Reality Marble of summoning.

Its very possible that stuff like
    By brandishing a golden cup filled with deadly poison that can alter space, she can also summon mythological monsters.
    and various other things she does with summoning, super monsters and what not could relate to Metabo Piglets in a non world-egg use. Similar to Emiya Shirou's projections, or Nero chaos walking around as KAOSU and pulling sharks out of himself.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I don't think that really does much. It's already a foundation and magecraft no matter what they do. The only thing the church is doing is being in denial that lalalala its not the same as these heresies and magic, that we hate for... some reason! But its ok when we do it.
    Church gets to call mage heretics because Christianity is literally the biggest foundation.

From their perspective, y'all hedge mages are desecrating god's miracles.

Its funny because back in the day at some points the belief was that witches didnt exist, and you were the heretic for believing they did than anything else.

Mana is the magical energy originated by Earth and present in the air around everyone. Od is the magical energy originated inside every living being's body.

We don't know for sure about od, but mana was made of True Ether until Jesus/Yumina's birth, and the current mana is made of the regular Ether we know.
    I mean if Od was altered that would be a bit Odd wouldnt it? as wouldnt that mean all of humanity got metaphysically altered so there lifeforce was different?>