Page 7525 of 7536 FirstFirst ... 6525702574257475751575207523752475257526752775307535 ... LastLast
Results 150,481 to 150,500 of 150719

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

  1. #150481
    Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    6,200
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For instance in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 4 it's explicitly stated that Rohan can't use Heaven's Door to view or rewrite his own memories, whereas in the spinoff Rohan At The Louvre (set earlier in his life) he does just that. Given the former context is where the character and his powers were originally conceptualized, I'm inclined to say that's the "truest" representation of what he can do and the latter is more like a side-story that might not fit perfectly into canon.
    No actually, Louvre is set seven years after the events of DiU. Therefore it is possible to argue that since the Stand has a Development Potential of "A" that he could have achieved the power to control his own body in that time-span.

    A better example for your point using Louvre would be that Rohan has Heaven's Door at all when he was seventeen despite the fact that he claims in DiU that it awakened when he was shot with the Stand Arrow just before the events of DiU when he was twenty.
    Last edited by Skull; June 18th, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

    (Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

  2. #150482
    Lost in Paradise RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Jujutsu Tech
    Age
    53
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,551
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    No actually, Louvre is set seven years after the events of DiU. Therefore it is possible to argue that since the Stand has a Development Potential of "A" that he could have achieved the power to control his own body in that time-span.

    A better example for your point using Louvre would be that Rohan has Heaven's Door at all when he was seventeen despite the fact that he claims in DiU that it awakened when he was shot with the Stand Arrow just before the events of DiU when he was twenty.
    You're actually right there, thanks. I got confused since I read Louvre a while back but just remembered that it was set when Rohan was 17, forgetting how that particular scene took place afterwards in the present. I believe my general point still holds but that was a poor example.

  3. #150483
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    7,438
    I personally always go with later material taking precedence because what the author thought at the time of writing doesn't necessarily account for how they might view it differently in the future in light of other things they have written or said or developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  4. #150484
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,647
    JP Friend Code
    525,113,064
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Heaven's Feel Shirou is Shirou post-Archer-fisting. He has access to Archer abilities.
    Archer's abilities are Shirou's just extrapolated though. It's not even talking about the arm anyway in that excerpt.

  5. #150485
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    7,438
    Do we know if Abe no Seimei actually died in the Nasuverse or if he might still be alive in PHH somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  6. #150486
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,040
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    We know that Seimei's historically recorded death was in 1005 and that TM Seimei was still alive in the early 1100s (Tamamo's death).

    The Heian Singularity is set in 1008 and when Fujimaru mentions that Seimei was supposed to have died 3 years before, Kintoki has absolutely no idea where that idea came from.

  7. #150487
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,647
    JP Friend Code
    525,113,064
    So Seimerlin theory lives on I guess. Hope we get to see him at least one day.

  8. #150488
    吸血鬼 Vampire Master_Therion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    255
    Blog Entries
    1
    Regarding Semiramis Hanging Garden of Babylon, what is hers and what is actually Nebuchadnezzar II? Example, from what I read, is that the 3 day requirement is due to it not being her true NP, therefore the falshood must take time to nail it into reality, becoming truth. As such, her version is called Aerial Garden of Vanity, Vanity showing its fake. However, what else is specific for Semiramis or Nebuchadnezzar? I would assume Nebuchadnezzar would not need the 3 day rules but aside from that I am curious about the differences. Is Semiramis high magic inside it related to her or the whole Hanging Gardens? Its these kind of things im curious. I would like to know what factors displayed by Semiramis are part of her legend and what is part of the Hanging Gardens legend.

  9. #150489
    吸血鬼 Vampire Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    The last island in the world
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    JP Friend Code
    N/A
    How are Tamamo and Amaterasu connected in myth? Or did they just randomly connect them here?

  10. #150490
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,790
    Tamamo and Amaterasu connection is just TM iirc.

  11. #150491
    吸血鬼 Vampire Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    JP Friend Code
    038371142
    iirc it went like this:
    Amaterasu = Vairocana = Dakini in Shingon Buddhism
    Dakini = nine tailed fox
    Then Nasu went and made nine tailed fox = Tamamo based in a rather flimsy interpretation of some legend.
    Thus
    Amaterasu = Vairocana = Dakini = nine tailed fox = Tamamo

  12. #150492
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    7,438
    Fairly certain that Daji/Tamamo-no-Mae was always a kyubi no kitsune, or at least a kitsune/fox demon. Nasu just connected her to Amaterasu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  13. #150493
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    7,438
    Also, question, but when did TM Ashwattāma even die? Krishna's curse was supposed to have doomed him to wander the Earth for 3,000 years in source material, but he's summonable as a Servant from PHH. Does that mean the Mahābhārata occured >3000 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  14. #150494
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, question, but when did TM Ashwattāma even die? Krishna's curse was supposed to have doomed him to wander the Earth for 3,000 years in source material, but he's summonable as a Servant from PHH. Does that mean the Mahābhārata occured >3000 years ago?
    There was that one "timeline" in a TM Ace that I don't have on me at the moment, but it put the Mahabharata pre-Gilgamesh, so yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    How are Tamamo and Amaterasu connected in myth? Or did they just randomly connect them here?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._them/edn2x52/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...they_asked_an/
    Last edited by fumei; June 21st, 2021 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  15. #150495
    吸血鬼 Vampire Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    The last island in the world
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    JP Friend Code
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    There was that one "timeline" in a TM Ace that I don't have on me at the moment, but it put the Mahabharata pre-Gilgamesh, so yes.


    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._them/edn2x52/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...they_asked_an/
    Yesh, and now they're starting to add in more on Shugendo and tengu. Is there a translation of Chaldea Ace volume 2 or at least the part where this is bought up? I might as well jump in the deep end at this point.

    Also, if Tamamo is connected to Buddhism, then is there a connection for Shuten/Ibuki as well?

  16. #150496
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,040
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, question, but when did TM Ashwattāma even die? Krishna's curse was supposed to have doomed him to wander the Earth for 3,000 years in source material, but he's summonable as a Servant from PHH. Does that mean the Mahābhārata occured >3000 years ago?
    3200BC. Ash was dead before Anno Domini was even a thing.

  17. #150497
    Holmes in his trial quest said that arjuna and karma were from 5000 BC though.

  18. #150498
    吸血鬼 Vampire Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    The last island in the world
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    JP Friend Code
    N/A
    What does reaching "Childhood's End" mean exactly in Fate works? I presume it has to do with Tiamat. Does it just mean we've defeated her?

  19. #150499
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Menwearpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,551
    It is a reference to a book

  20. #150500
    Your childhood ends when you stop relying on your guardian(s).
    In Fate context it meant cutting away Tiamat, the mother of all.
    I suspect a similar narrative would be told about finally leaving Earth behind.

    In Arthur C. Clarke's context it means humanity entering the next step of evolution, a hivemind.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •