Page 7525 of 7536 FirstFirst ... 6525702574257475751575207523752475257526752775307535 ... LastLast
Results 150,481 to 150,500 of 150719

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For instance in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 4 it's explicitly stated that Rohan can't use Heaven's Door to view or rewrite his own memories, whereas in the spinoff Rohan At The Louvre (set earlier in his life) he does just that. Given the former context is where the character and his powers were originally conceptualized, I'm inclined to say that's the "truest" representation of what he can do and the latter is more like a side-story that might not fit perfectly into canon.
    No actually, Louvre is set seven years after the events of DiU. Therefore it is possible to argue that since the Stand has a Development Potential of "A" that he could have achieved the power to control his own body in that time-span.

A better example for your point using Louvre would be that Rohan has Heaven's Door at all when he was seventeen despite the fact that he claims in DiU that it awakened when he was shot with the Stand Arrow just before the events of DiU when he was twenty.
    Last edited by Skull; June 18th, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    No actually, Louvre is set seven years after the events of DiU. Therefore it is possible to argue that since the Stand has a Development Potential of "A" that he could have achieved the power to control his own body in that time-span.

A better example for your point using Louvre would be that Rohan has Heaven's Door at all when he was seventeen despite the fact that he claims in DiU that it awakened when he was shot with the Stand Arrow just before the events of DiU when he was twenty.
    You're actually right there, thanks. I got confused since I read Louvre a while back but just remembered that it was set when Rohan was 17, forgetting how that particular scene took place afterwards in the present. I believe my general point still holds but that was a poor example.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally always go with later material taking precedence because what the author thought at the time of writing doesn't necessarily account for how they might view it differently in the future in light of other things they have written or said or developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Heaven's Feel Shirou is Shirou post-Archer-fisting. He has access to Archer abilities.
    Archer's abilities are Shirou's just extrapolated though. It's not even talking about the arm anyway in that excerpt.

Do we know if Abe no Seimei actually died in the Nasuverse or if he might still be alive in PHH somehow?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    We know that Seimei's historically recorded death was in 1005 and that TM Seimei was still alive in the early 1100s (Tamamo's death).

The Heian Singularity is set in 1008 and when Fujimaru mentions that Seimei was supposed to have died 3 years before, Kintoki has absolutely no idea where that idea came from.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So Seimerlin theory lives on I guess. Hope we get to see him at least one day.

Blog Entries
    Regarding Semiramis Hanging Garden of Babylon, what is hers and what is actually Nebuchadnezzar II? Example, from what I read, is that the 3 day requirement is due to it not being her true NP, therefore the falshood must take time to nail it into reality, becoming truth. As such, her version is called Aerial Garden of Vanity, Vanity showing its fake. However, what else is specific for Semiramis or Nebuchadnezzar? I would assume Nebuchadnezzar would not need the 3 day rules but aside from that I am curious about the differences. Is Semiramis high magic inside it related to her or the whole Hanging Gardens? Its these kind of things im curious. I would like to know what factors displayed by Semiramis are part of her legend and what is part of the Hanging Gardens legend.

JP Friend Code
    N/A
    How are Tamamo and Amaterasu connected in myth? Or did they just randomly connect them here?

Tamamo and Amaterasu connection is just TM iirc.

JP Friend Code
    iirc it went like this:
    Amaterasu = Vairocana = Dakini in Shingon Buddhism
    Dakini = nine tailed fox
    Then Nasu went and made nine tailed fox = Tamamo based in a rather flimsy interpretation of some legend.
    Thus
    Amaterasu = Vairocana = Dakini = nine tailed fox = Tamamo

Fairly certain that Daji/Tamamo-no-Mae was always a kyubi no kitsune, or at least a kitsune/fox demon. Nasu just connected her to Amaterasu.

Also, question, but when did TM Ashwattāma even die? Krishna's curse was supposed to have doomed him to wander the Earth for 3,000 years in source material, but he's summonable as a Servant from PHH. Does that mean the Mahābhārata occured >3000 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, question, but when did TM Ashwattāma even die? Krishna's curse was supposed to have doomed him to wander the Earth for 3,000 years in source material, but he's summonable as a Servant from PHH. Does that mean the Mahābhārata occured >3000 years ago?
    There was that one "timeline" in a TM Ace that I don't have on me at the moment, but it put the Mahabharata pre-Gilgamesh, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    How are Tamamo and Amaterasu connected in myth? Or did they just randomly connect them here?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._them/edn2x52/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...they_asked_an/
    Last edited by fumei; June 21st, 2021 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    There was that one "timeline" in a TM Ace that I don't have on me at the moment, but it put the Mahabharata pre-Gilgamesh, so yes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._them/edn2x52/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...they_asked_an/
    Yesh, and now they're starting to add in more on Shugendo and tengu. Is there a translation of Chaldea Ace volume 2 or at least the part where this is bought up? I might as well jump in the deep end at this point.

Also, if Tamamo is connected to Buddhism, then is there a connection for Shuten/Ibuki as well?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    3200BC. Ash was dead before Anno Domini was even a thing.

Holmes in his trial quest said that arjuna and karma were from 5000 BC though.

JP Friend Code
    N/A
    What does reaching "Childhood's End" mean exactly in Fate works? I presume it has to do with Tiamat. Does it just mean we've defeated her?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Menwearpink's Avatar
    It is a reference to a book

Your childhood ends when you stop relying on your guardian(s).
    In Fate context it meant cutting away Tiamat, the mother of all.
    I suspect a similar narrative would be told about finally leaving Earth behind.

In Arthur C. Clarke's context it means humanity entering the next step of evolution, a hivemind.