Page 7524 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 652470247424747475147519752275237524752575267529753475747624 ... LastLast
Results 150,461 to 150,480 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Heracles is the son of a spaceship that can turn humanoid. It makes more sense for Berser-car to be his default state and the form we always see to be his transformation.

More the son of a spaceship’s ghost turned into a SMT demon when you think about it.

But no, Bersercar is still a gag. Even Lu Bu who is quite more robotic as a character and presentation would still be a gag if he turned into a car.

or maybe they just need to unlock nen?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say she reverts to being Amaterasu. And Koyanskaya's goal is to get 9 tails but remain her own individual, I think?
    I thought so. Do you know where it's said though so I can back that up?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    While she's waiting for her ride in Yuga Kshetra.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lolque View Post
    Not really. Had some knowledge about projection from kiritsugu's teachings and all of that, but only when he became aware of his specialization in swords he truly shines. He said in the final Battle of UBW something in that regard, just before the activation of the RM against Gilgamesh.

Its like, he can project some furniture and whatnot, It just doesn't have the "backup" of the reality marble and functions the same way if another magus pull off the trick.
    Then why do his normal Projections last for so long? Wouldn't they just fade quickly like Rin said?

Quote Originally Posted by Fate route Day 12 Scene 7 said:
    "Sure, I can make something like a dagger by mixing magical energy like toffee.
    But that's it. It's just toffee that's shaped like a dagger, and it will disappear quickly since magical energy taken outside will vaporize."

"Listen. Things made of magical energy will not last long, and they're just shapes.
    …Well, I guess the projection magic takes these things with only shape and make the ability close to the original's as well."
    Rin clearly says another magus wouldn't be able to do what he does (hinting at something else influencing it), and Shirou has UBW. Becoming proficient with it later doesn't mean he couldn't have been using it before earlier, since we know his knowledge is already flawed/incomplete from the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm, Heaven's Feel says this:

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven's Feel - Day 12 - 09 said:
    「... maybe so.
     However, that would be the problem.
     Keep quiet about this to Rin, Shirou -- okay?
     The Projection of the Jeweled Sword --
     using Rin's method, the replication of the legacy of the Tohsaka cannot be achieved.」

「Because, Shirou's Projection isn't Projection Magecraft.
     If it were standard Projection Magecraft, it would be capable of overlaying an object that is to a certain degree similar to the original with a 『Projection』; and thereafter, 『Reinforcement』.
     However, Shirou's Projection is different.
     Shirou cannot fabricate a Form -- except entirely of his own Images, from one to ten.
     After all --
     your magecraft isn't Projection, but a matter manifested of your heart.」
    Guess it's UBW all the way down.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    While she's waiting for her ride in Yuga Kshetra.
    Right. Suppose I need to get on completing the chapter. I presume though that is what happened in that one ending with Tamamo in the moon cell?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Emiya can make an oven and a mirror per Summer Camp.
    And a auper duper fishing rod per HA. But it's Projection, not UBW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Is it true that when Tamamo (or any of the Tamamo nine) gets too many tails her mind gets taken over by Amaterasu?
    The Tamamo we know is something like a terminal for Amaterasu's full power, the more tails she gets the stronger the connection becomes until they become one and the same.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    And a auper duper fishing rod per HA. But it's Projection, not UBW.
    Heaven's Feel says otherwise.

If earlier material is contradicted by the later, surely it's reasonable to rather believe the latter?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    If earlier material is contradicted by the later, surely it's reasonable to rather believe the latter?
    Haven't seen any later material being brought up here on this topic, everything relevant is in FSN. I've only brought up UBW and HF so far.

Didnt Clocktower 2015 give explicit instructions on what to do when the lore from one book contradicts another?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Heaven's Feel says otherwise.
    Heaven's Feel Shirou is Shirou post-Archer-fisting. He has access to Archer abilities.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    I tend to go by the opposite logic actually. Earlier material is more relevant since it's when the work was actually written and representative of the author's thoughts/mindset at the time of writing. Whereas later details (especially if they're from spinoffs or side-materials) can be just retcons or the author changing his mind/forgetting what he originally wrote.

For instance in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 4 it's explicitly stated that Rohan can't use Heaven's Door to view or rewrite his own memories, whereas in the spinoff Rohan At The Louvre (set earlier in his life) he does just that. Given the former context is where the character and his powers were originally conceptualized, I'm inclined to say (for the purpose of versus battles and the like, at least when it's not specified which "version" is being used) that's the "truest" representation of what he can do and the latter is more like a side-story that might not fit perfectly into canon.

Of course it can be more complicated since lore and ability details can even develop over the course of a single narrative (Araki is also guilty of this), but in general I'd say it depends on how prominent the early material is compared to the later. Chronology isn't the only relevant consideration.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For instance in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 4 it's explicitly stated that Rohan can't use Heaven's Door to view or rewrite his own memories, whereas in the spinoff Rohan At The Louvre (set earlier in his life) he does just that. Given the former context is where the character and his powers were originally conceptualized, I'm inclined to say that's the "truest" representation of what he can do and the latter is more like a side-story that might not fit perfectly into canon.
    No actually, Louvre is set seven years after the events of DiU. Therefore it is possible to argue that since the Stand has a Development Potential of "A" that he could have achieved the power to control his own body in that time-span.

A better example for your point using Louvre would be that Rohan has Heaven's Door at all when he was seventeen despite the fact that he claims in DiU that it awakened when he was shot with the Stand Arrow just before the events of DiU when he was twenty.
    Last edited by Skull; June 18th, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    No actually, Louvre is set seven years after the events of DiU. Therefore it is possible to argue that since the Stand has a Development Potential of "A" that he could have achieved the power to control his own body in that time-span.

A better example for your point using Louvre would be that Rohan has Heaven's Door at all when he was seventeen despite the fact that he claims in DiU that it awakened when he was shot with the Stand Arrow just before the events of DiU when he was twenty.
    You're actually right there, thanks. I got confused since I read Louvre a while back but just remembered that it was set when Rohan was 17, forgetting how that particular scene took place afterwards in the present. I believe my general point still holds but that was a poor example.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally always go with later material taking precedence because what the author thought at the time of writing doesn't necessarily account for how they might view it differently in the future in light of other things they have written or said or developed.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Heaven's Feel Shirou is Shirou post-Archer-fisting. He has access to Archer abilities.
    Archer's abilities are Shirou's just extrapolated though. It's not even talking about the arm anyway in that excerpt.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Do we know if Abe no Seimei actually died in the Nasuverse or if he might still be alive in PHH somehow?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We know that Seimei's historically recorded death was in 1005 and that TM Seimei was still alive in the early 1100s (Tamamo's death).

The Heian Singularity is set in 1008 and when Fujimaru mentions that Seimei was supposed to have died 3 years before, Kintoki has absolutely no idea where that idea came from.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Seimerlin theory lives on I guess. Hope we get to see him at least one day.