Page 7556 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 655670567456750675467551755475557556755775587561756676067656 ... LastLast
Results 151,101 to 151,120 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the World doesn't really affect Shirou's projections like that.

Did solomon created magic circuits or just magic circuit based magecraft?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Saber surviving GB was put down to Instinct + Luck.
    That's because Gae Bolg specifically calls for a Luck check, though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Instinct is essentially combat future sight so, like all time-traveling abilities, it fucks around with causality.
    If that was true, it wouldn't lead to Saber getting punk'd by Deermud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Then y'all need to go back to the OG Fate lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, I literally found you the Nasu interview where the man himself said UBW cannot project Divine Construct.
    I will post it again just for you.

Also, your understanding of Shirou's projection is incorrect.
    UBW facilitates Shirou to make a really precise projection.
    How long the projection lasts depends entirely on how fast the World perceives the fake and decides to destroy it.
    None of what you posted says Instinct distorts or otherwise affects causality in any way.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

People keep on reading the Shirou cant do divine constructs in such a way as to make them super special awesome, but even in the q&a says Archers got weapons of similar performace. Who cares for a hostile planets divine bonus, take this perfectly fine man made sword and use its sword beam to deflect Excal or Ea.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Just want to confirm it but Musashi (male) is the narrator for all of Shimousa correct? (more specifically the part at the end with Douman)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Just want to confirm it but Musashi (male) is the narrator for all of Shimousa correct? (more specifically the part at the end with Douman)
    yes

He even gets a design in the manga:

Blog Entries
    Okay, so Divine constructs are non-replicable, I'll accept that much. Why though? Is there an actual, logical reason that has also been stated, does anyone have good enough logic to make this the case, or did Nasu just wake up and decide: "Nah he can't lol"?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    It's probably that Shirou can't understand them, and it's an uphill battle for any human to replicate that level of Mystery. I mean, consider what Muramasa had to do to create his Tsumukari Muramasa, a Demon blade, which is one step below the Divine.

- - - Updated - - -

Remake
    Also, for people who are in the know about the Tsuki remake, but would Arc's Luminous Body be weak to Ea's anti-texture/world effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    The wiki being the wiki, it claims that Shiki Tohno can have retrocognition and precognition, as in he can have visions of the past and the future in extremely specific circumstances related to death.
    It's not as specific as retro or precog. It's just his ESP lets his brain connect more easily and therefore see past experiences or thoughts.
    "The brain is an organ that manages reception and transmission. Since every person's brain is made from a different blueprint, we have to communicate our feelings through language. But if two brains are precisely the same, thought will be transmitted without the need for language.
    To put it in the previous terms, since the brain's channel is on the same frequency, the electric signal is received.
    Since your brain is superior to others', you connect to the bodies close to you."

"…… It can't be. I don't have any twin."
    "I know. But in your case, it doesn't need to be a twin.
    It's not like you are merging with them, but more like you have similar brains. Since your brain has many channels, there is no need for you to be identical twins.
    Simply the same roots, a similar body… that's probably all that is needed for you to be drawn in.
    Probably a sibling with the same parents… Well, I suppose an exception could be made in the case of organ transplants; the 'flesh' might pull on your mind in that case."
    Ciel here is underestimating Shiki's ability to connect since:

Nrvnqsr crouches.
    It's the action of a predator preparing to pounce on his prey.

"Oh, I forget to tell you one more thing, Nrvnqsr."
    Her voice flows like the wind before that.
    "It may be a little late, but he's killed me once before."
    "Wh----at?"
    This time, it's for real.
    In his astonishment, Nrvnqsr loses sight of his identity.

For a moment,
    his entranced thoughts flow into my mind like a curse.
    Also to show it isn't just linked to "death"
    ---Thump.
    My heartbeat, and this dark dizziness.
    ...... What is this?
    This unknown scenery, these memories I've never had, they start to fill my vision.
    https://lparchive.org/Tsukihime/Update%2041/
    If you read from that section on, you can see that maybe this is from Roa's memories and therefore foreshadowing Shiki's connection with Roa!SHIKI. But considering how Roa's memory is framed in Endless Stone, this scene seems like an Shiki's mind is following Arc's past for an extended period of time compared to Roa's single moment.

Ryougi's ability before the accident was this:
    That familiar female voice... This someone is without a doubt the counsellor.
    "What do you mean, how to use these eyes...?"
    "Well, it will only be a little better than now, but I suppose it's better than nothing. Your mystic eyes that can conceive another's death by just looking are the first since the time of the Celtic gods. Erasing them is too wasteful."
    It's called Balor. The lady adds some incomprehensible words.
    "Mystic eyes are normally the result of you bringing about some kind of augmentation effect for your eyes through spiritual surgery. But in your case, I think they came about naturally. An ability you originally had was brought to the fore by the accident. By the sounds of it, it seemed that the child called Shiki was always seeing to the heart of everything."
    ... She talks as if she knows.
    Actually, as she said, Shiki had always been gazing at a far-off location. I think that even while looking at a person, she saw not the exterior, but that person's core.
    Although Shiki herself wasn't aware of it.
    "Well, you see, that was definitely a control mechanism Shiki used unconsciously. You shouldn't try to look at exteriors.
    Every object has flaws. The fancy of wishing everything could be taken apart and remade only exists because there's no such thing as a perfect object.
    Last edited by You; September 22nd, 2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    That's because Gae Bolg specifically calls for a Luck check, though

- - - Updated - - -

If that was true, it wouldn't lead to Saber getting punk'd by Deermud.

- - - Updated - - -

None of what you posted says Instinct distorts or otherwise affects causality in any way.
    I mean her Instinct skill says she could recognize GB in part due to it so I wouldn't dismiss it as completely irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Okay, so Divine constructs are non-replicable, I'll accept that much. Why though? Is there an actual, logical reason that has also been stated, does anyone have good enough logic to make this the case, or did Nasu just wake up and decide: "Nah he can't lol"?
    The actual details of the mechanics involved aren't given, but there's no real need to speculate when Shirou/Archer can't and won't project Divine Constructs.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    I mean it's quite possible that divine constructs have the same knockback as we saw with Tsumukari Muramasa and Emiya is just not willing to consider sacrificing himself for something like that. Alternatively perhaps it's a limit the world places on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    yes

He even gets a design in the manga:

Cheers. And just checking but he's a human and not a servant correct?

Also I remember hearing Lady Kannon bought up by female Musashi. Do we know much about Fate's version of Kannon? I'm really hoping they don't mix her with the virgin Mary just to make fem-Musashi more special.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't the whole point of UBW not being bound to the limits of the world, and yes Shirou/Archer?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of UBW not being bound to the limits of the world, and yes Shirou/Archer?
    UBW's weird Projection stuff aside, it was given a limit of Divine Constructs as being things it couldn't replicate. Why/how is ultimately not that much of a discussion (since it's probably a smaller part of non-gods/Divine Spirits not being able to use Divine/Divinity related stuff without suffering disastrous consequences e.g. Muramasa and Ashwatthama) when Archer has stuff he can project that would be similar in function and can do the job for him.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'd just stick with the old explanation we came up with- that they could, superficially, copy some weapons, put their lives on the line, and end up with something that's workable garbage. Excalipoor. Crapcalibur.

Nowhere near the true majesty or concept the real thing carries, and if he looked at the real one his shit copy would crumple like tinfoil, but if he needs to, he can basically kill himself to make the fairy sword. A true god's weapon/tool, on the other hand, is completely out of his league.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Nah man, we just need a Gurren Lagann crossover. Archer believes in the Shirou that believes in him, rejects common sense, makes the impossible possible and fuck I have no punchline.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Anyone knows where I can read whatever it is the moon's deal is? I basically only know there's some deal with the moon and whatever I can guess about it from what's in Notes, but is there a legit entry talking in more or less detail about it?

I know there's some stuff in Extra I think? but I thought the other stuff is probably in Tsukihime because, you know, Tsuki, but nop.
    Sorry everyone, my smile now

works I've gone through:
    Fate/Stay Night [VN]
    Kara no Kyoukai (first 5 movies)
    Fate/Hollow Ataxia
    Fate/Zero [Anime]
    F/GO (all of part 1)
    Tsukihime (and plus+disk)
    Notes.
    Kagetsu Tohya
    Fate/Apocrypha

Hey Emiya, I showed you mine, so you show me yours" - a seaweed

Theirs multiple different things going on in the moon depending on the Universe. Extraverse has aliens turn it into a supercomputer using crystals that makes a virtual reality Grail war to decide who helps it beat the Alien superweapon who defeated the Gods and plans to do the same to the rest of civilization. Tsukihime (and Fate) has the strongest lifeform of the moon come to Earth on Gaia's request to help manage the monkeys making a mess of things, and thus creating vampires in its image including one of the strongest beings in Nasuverse, but gets dealt with by the Second Magic user beaming it using power borrowed from parallel worlds.

Quite a bit of this is Interview only, or small tidbits talked about throughout the Nasuverse pieced together over the years.
    Last edited by Wishy-Washy; September 23rd, 2021 at 07:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombames View Post
    Anyone knows where I can read whatever it is the moon's deal is? I basically only know there's some deal with the moon and whatever I can guess about it from what's in Notes, but is there a legit entry talking in more or less detail about it?

I know there's some stuff in Extra I think? but I thought the other stuff is probably in Tsukihime because, you know, Tsuki, but nop.
    You aren't exactly being very specific here.

In any case, as one would expect of a company named after it, the moon features heavily in many stories. It serves as the setting for Fate/Extra (in a roundabout way, though). Tsuki no Sango is perhaps the work that most directly involves the moon. There's also a lot of information about Crimson Moon (aka, TYPE-MOON, the Ultimate One of the Moon) spread around in supplementary stories and material pertaining to Tsukihime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombames View Post

Curtain 1: The moon is a dude who struck a deal with the CEO of Hotel Earth to offer his tech for some new security robots to be built, but is secretly trying to orchestrate a takeover of Hotel Earth to rebrand it as a branch of his own Luna Resort, except both the CEO and the hotel guests thought he was pretty sus and kept him at arm's length until an old man kicked him out of the hotel and back to the moon, where he sits waiting for one of the robots to get as good at being him as himself.

Curtain 2: The moon is an avant-garde case for a supercomputer designed by voyeuristic aliens to record everything that ever happens on Earth, and hacker wizards from Earth found a way to plug themselves into its deathmatch-themed Matrix.

Curtain 3: The moon is a rock where people of the future used to live.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Different stories due to different owners (or "brains") of the moon.

Sometimes it's a vampire. Sometimes it's an alien supercomputer. And sometimes it's a silicone girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.