Page 7603 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 660371037503755375937598760176027603760476057608761376537703 ... LastLast
Results 152,041 to 152,060 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    how does precense concealment work, outside of like EX

Is it like a 'perception filter' to use a term, or is it just 'hide good' or what
    Depends on the Servant.

It is probably better to think of 'Presence Concealment' a bit more generically. The skill itself has no meaning beyond 'this is how well they can stealth', essentially.

There is some leeway to this, because in all likelihood, the Assassin Servant container itself probably carries some degree of granting the skill itself, at least if things work as according to ye olden ways.

To provide an example: In Fate/EXTRA (which luckily enough for you, I'm replaying at the moment), there's a whole section where Hakuno has to figure out how Li's Presence Concealment works by using a bunch of traps. One is against Presence Concealment through 'tools', one is against Presence Concealment through Magecraft, and one is against Presence Concealment through the martial arts.

Naturally, the last one is the one that works against Li. He is perhaps not the best example, though, on second thought, since his martial arts are super special and what-not. Still, even without knowing that beforehand, the plan with the traps was something that they came up without considering his identity. I.E, they thought it would have worked on any Assassin.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 17th, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

Is it like a 'perception filter' to use a term, or is it just 'hide good' or what
    Usually more the former. If you read the kanji literally it'd be like "sensation/hint [of someone sneaking around] cut-off". It won't make you invisible in plain view (unless your special rank does exactly that), but it helps stealth in that anything that would give a "hint" to the target of you sneaking around is "cut-off", or at the very least muddied. Basically, you have to "roll" much higher on your perception check to notice someone sneaking (going slightly back to the dnd thing, let's say if you had to normally roll a 12 on a 20-sided dice to notice someone sneaking, if they had PC you have to roll a 20 instead). So your actual "physical" sneaking skills don't matter as much because you have a magical skill that gives you a huge bonus to your stealth skill. Sometimes it might even be that your stealth skill becomes so high that they can't roll a successful perception check on you at all (like rolling 21 on a d20).

Basically, yeah, it's just a magical boost to your stealth skill is the easiest way to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Depends on the Servant.

It is probably better to think of 'Presence Concealment' a bit more generically. The skill itself has no meaning beyond 'this is how well they can stealth', essentially.

There is some leeway to this, because in all likelihood, the Assassin Servant container itself probably carries some degree of granting the skill itself, at least if things work as according to ye olden ways.

To provide an example: In Fate/EXTRA (which luckily enough for you, I'm replaying at the moment), there's a whole section where Hakuno has to figure out how Li's Presence Concealment works by using a bunch of traps. One is against Presence Concealment through 'tools', one is against Presence Concealment through Magecraft, and one is against Presence Concealment through the martial arts.

Naturally, the last one is the one that works against Li. He is perhaps not the best example, though, on second thought, since his martial arts are super special and what-not. Still, even without knowing that beforehand, the plan with the traps was something that they came up without considering his identity. I.E, they thought it would have worked on any Assassin.
    Hope you got cheats, extra was the game i had to use cheats to just bare through the dialogue lol

Do we actually have any indication of its usage outside of shuwen and the other EX? i cant recall any specifics of it in use anywhere honestly

(to both of you)

True Assassin in HF.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    False Assassin in FSF.

This should give you a good idea.

Presence Concealment: A+

The greatest weapon of the Assassin class is Presence Concealment. When this power is activated, it is possible to completely cut off one's presence. When Hassan is thus concealed, it is impossible even for a Servant to sense his presence. One would not be able to tell if Hassan was approaching, if he had already left the area, or if he had even been there in the first place... Thus, Hassan is able to gather intelligence with impunity. Security systems of any kind are meaningless before him.

Also, Hassan-i Sabbāh is a being created from the nineteen people that inherited the name. When Assassin is summoned, one of those nineteen individuals will appear. Naturally, Assassin's abilities and Noble Phantasms change depending on which Hassan is summoned. However, the excellent Presence Concealment skill is a class ability, so it is shared by all Assassins. As described above, each Hassan has removed his or her nose and skin to create a faceless appearance, which carries the significance of being "nobody." It is hypothesized that the anonymity of being "nobody," the elimination of the self, also influences Presence Concealment's ability to "hide oneself." Incidentally, the nineteen Hassans each have unique personalities, so the reader should take care to remember that they are not emotionless fighting machines.

Each "Hassan" is not quite a Heroic Spirit, but rather merely a wraith (Heroic Spirits are heroes that have left their names in history, and assassins have no names). In comparison to the other Servants, Assassin's combat ability is lacking. However, the outlook changes if Assassin uses Presence Containment to acquire a perfect killing opportunity. Even if the first blow fails to defeat the enemy, Assassin can conceal himself again with Presence Concealment, and vigilantly await a new opportunity. As a matter of fact, even the formidable Cu Chulainn was easily defeated when he faced Hassan.

Nonetheless, there are weaknesses. In the moment that the user launches an attack, the rank of Presence Concealment dramatically decreases. A normal person would fail to notice the killing intent and be sent to the world beyond. However, Hassan's opponents are Servants. For example, with Artoria's Instinct, it is possible to sense the presence of a trap and respond to it. Strategic planning on the Master's part is essential to make the best use of this crafty Servant.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    each Hassan has removed his or her nose and skin to create a faceless appearance,
    Meanwhile FGO whacks 100-Faced with the waifu stick smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

It is not FGO's fault.

They have been slowly ret-coning the face-shaving clause since Fate Zero.
    Both the Waifu Hundred Face and Chibi Hundred Face were all first revealed in Zero Materials I believe.

The conspiracy has been insidious.

Serenity too.

US Friend Code
    Serenity's noted to be an exception because her thing was seducing people then poisoning them. Hard to do that if your face is mutilated.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Serenity's noted to be an exception because her thing was seducing people then poisoning them. Hard to do that if your face is mutilated.
    Little did you know her true Noble Phantasm is actually the Ultimate Butterface at EX rank.

It masks your presence and your magical energy emissions and such. You're not hidden visually at all, which is why you can have something like Kiritsugu sees Assassin in Fate/Zero just hanging around.

Basically it helps with hiding some, but its mainly a prevention of just easily being felt and sensed by others via magic so you don't get auto caught. The rest is you better be able to actually sneak well.

One should note that Sphere Boundary is way better than, and works on different mechanics than Presence Concealment. Hence you can't actually see Li at all and he can even walk up to you and punch you and you don't even know he's there. Aligning with the world and vibing and all that.

US Friend Code
    How strong is False Assassin compared to other Hassans? Are there limitations to her using others' Zabaniyas?

Some of her Zabaniya are stronger than the real ones, some are weaker.

US Friend Code
    I see. But does she suffer any drawbacks from using multiple of those at once?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I recently wonder if gods actually bear other gods in the Nasuverse.
    Like is Ishtar daughter of An in a human sense or is she his daughter, because she was created by the belief he had a daughter?

edit: while i am on it, any new info on Faker's ??? skill? fandom says Oblivion Prevention, but I cant find stuff about that yet
    Last edited by DelRey; January 18th, 2022 at 08:40 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I recently wonder if gods actually bear other gods in the Nasuverse.
    Like is Ishtar daughter of An in a human sense or is she his daughter, because she was created by the belief he had a daughter?

edit: while i am on it, any new info on Faker's ??? skill? fandom says Oblivion Prevention, but I cant find stuff about that yet
    Her last profile bit opened today.

Her Saint Graph is mixed with MNEMOSYNE, the Autonomous Observational Existance Verification System built by Chaldea. The percentage of MNEMOSYNE in her is derisory, but due to that, she gained the Pretender Class, and had her parameters and Skills partially altered.

* Territory Construction: EX
    MNEMOSYNE's Skill. Due to being an Autonomous Observational Existance Verification System, she's practically a type of workshop, in a sense.

Hephaestion mixed with MNEMOSYNE can operate this "workshop's" features inside herself.

* Oblivion Negation: EX
    A skill mostly similar to Oblivion Correction. The system named after the memory goddess Mnemosyne enables her to almost perfectly carry over her memories from previous summons, although this feature is limited to when she's summoned by the Chaldea Summoning Model.
    What we get from this is that both Pretenders we have so far are hybrids, and one of them only gained the Pretender Class when she became a hybrid.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    And the time is about right. The Holy Grail has finally moved into action and the void has just opened.
    This curse is the contents of the Holy Grail, the Third Element which keeps us Servants in this world.
    This is what you splashed me with ten years ago.
    Is the 'third element' here just the translation for 'third magic'? And what does Gil mean that it's a curse; is that just referring to Angra's influence or just in general?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow thank you comun.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    2 questions:
    1. In terms of Ciel, she only has regeneration, so long as Roa has reincarnation, right? In other words, in the event(s) that Roa's reincarnation is broken, so goes Ciel's regeneration, correct?
    2. IIRC, there's an in-joke that, generally speaking, mages are terrible at modern computer technology. How is the average Church agent in this regard?