Page 4 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: FSN x MGLN crossover : Fate/Night Sky

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NanayaMode View Post
    Weaken Book of Darkness = Weakened Wolkenritter Program. Simple explanation that works that makes it so that nobody needs to argue about powerlevel difference.
    Hmm....I feel as though a key word is missing its emphasis here...

Quote Originally Posted by NanayaMode View Post
    Weaken Book of Darkness = Weakened Wolkenritter Program. Simple explanation that works that makes it so that nobody needs to argue about powerlevel difference.
    There we go.

EDIT: For the record though, that's a decent solution but if it's done then people will just ask that the Wolkenwritter can eventually use their full potential.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; September 8th, 2011 at 11:28 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Well, the 1rst chapter is currently send of to the people who offered to beta for me, so lets hope I can get some feedback soon.........

Illya is best servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yay!!1!

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well the thing about power levels when crossing over is that most of the time you don't have a lot to work with. You usually have to make accurate guesses, and even then most of the time the author can fine tune the strength of the character a bit to work with his story.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I'm fine with the explanation "In this story, MGLN's mage can't do more than fight defensively against a servant, and maybe getting lucky using one of their few advantage", and that the Wolkenritter only way to match them temporary (cartridge) will be used faster than they are made. Especially if this what you think will work the best with what you had in mind. Just make clear "this is how I view the powerlevel for this story, so don't complain about that". We don't really have numbers from the Nanohaverse to compare to the various element we have in the Nasuverse after all.

But "the book of darkness is weakenned" won't work as an explanation : it already had time to recover its power, and because of its eventual completion, the Wolkie will have some power ups if you were to use that. Also, also they are created by the book of darkness, the guardian knight have linker core of their own, so they are probably autonomous and can exist on their own as long the book have a master. (They are similar to Servant in that they need a master to exist in this world, but they don't need a supply of prana)

Word of God regarding powerlevels or the outcome of X vs Y never stops people from complaining.

Heh, speaking of powerlevels:

MGLN mage vs Lancelot.

Knight of Honor on the Book of Darkness. Or the Asura.

Mwhahahahahaha. Mid-Childa: 0 Lancelot: 1

屍鬼 Ghoul
    But that's not exclusive to MGLN, it can work with almost any verse...

(@Nanaya : yes, unfortunely word of god won't be sufficient, but it should be enough for the more reasonable (I know, I'm naive when I write that ) to accept them)

Quote Originally Posted by Bki View Post
    I'm fine with the explanation "In this story, MGLN's mage can't do more than fight defensively against a servant, and maybe getting lucky using one of their few advantage", and that the Wolkenritter only way to match them temporary (cartridge) will be used faster than they are made. Especially if this what you think will work the best with what you had in mind. Just make clear "this is how I view the powerlevel for this story, so don't complain about that". We don't really have numbers from the Nanohaverse to compare to the various element we have in the Nasuverse after all.

But "the book of darkness is weakened" won't work as an explanation : it already had time to recover its power, and because of its eventual completion, the Wolkie will have some power ups if you were to use that. Also, also they are created by the book of darkness, the guardian knight have linker core of their own, so they are probably autonomous and can exist on their own as long the book have a master. (They are similar to Servant in that they need a master to exist in this world, but they don't need a supply of prana)

For all I care the BoD is preforming it's normal routine, although its mana intake has been quite low until Shirou started his magic training, because it was unable to feed on his body with Avalon interfering unlike the case of Hayate, who always had a bad constitution thanks to the book before it even activated in the period before A's.

After Shirou restores the book it will starts draining his od more actively, but Shirou will be aware of it as
    Spoiler:
    he uses it as a mystic code to store a part of his od at the end of his training so he can one day use it's accumulated power to save people, without having to hunt down other persons. Shirou only knows what the wolkrenritter know, that once the book is fully powered he can become a great mage, and so he diligently fills the book while still training in the craft his father has left him, under the guidance of his knights and under the subtle influences of the book itself. In a way he will wield the book just like Rin uses jewels, as she stores her own od into the jewels that she turned into mystic codes.

It is one of the usual functions of a orthodox mystic code after all.

Illya is best servant

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Damn you... Now I imagine Shirou using the book to cast one of the spell it has, like what Shamal do when she destroy the barrier for Signum, Vita and Zafira to escape (or some of Reinforce's spells)... Or worse, Berserk!Reinforce casting UBW...

But because of the way the book work, he will be really hax if he survives the activation. Having all the spells of the books along with massive increase in power? On top of his already broken powers? Especially if Reinforce is still alive. ("Rulebreaker for breaking her link to the corrupted defense program!")

Ill just quickly add this.

Rulebreaker is not an instant fix everything. The only thing it can do is Break stuff, as in destroying the magic that forms the contract or construct.

rulebreakering the BoD or Reinforce will ether kill them or just break their connection to Shirou, and neither are quite useful for your dear protagonist. For the sake of not spoiling anything more I will have to refrain from saying more on this matter, as you all know what influence i will have on the fic, and most of you already seem to know how much it can influence the balance.

Illya is best servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, Rulebreaker "returns things to the state before the contract/magic existed", but it has limits, so it can yank command seals, but not unmake Servants. A similar thing happens with the Book of Darkness, so it (Rule Breaker) won't be any more useful against it than it is against Gate of Babylon or Unlimited Blade Works.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Rulebreaker probably can't return the Book of Darkness to the Tome of the Night Sky. If it were just a matter of a single spell, that would be workable, but the changes are probably much deeper than that. Besides, that would be too easy (and too tragic, since it would be far too late.)

RB would not kill the Wolkenritter, though it might sever them from the Book of Darkness.

This wouldn't be the same as cutting a Servant off from a master, since the Wolkenritter recover mana like living beings. However, when Reinforce Ein cut them out of herself, she did so in such a way that Hayate became the new center for the Wolkenritter's restoration program. Which means that so long as Hayate lives and the program endures (it's begun to fade a lot after 10 years), they heal very fast and resurrect from death. But they could continue living normally even if Hayate died.

Cutting Hayate away from the Book of Darkness would either cause it to go immediately berserk with whatever power it currently possesses, or else just disappear to choose a new master.

Chapter one:

updating to v2---------

Fate/Night Sky

Family (I)

He came on the same day Shirou could eat without help for the first time, as the nurses finally removed the last bandages which had covered most of his body, along with almost all of his face. The doctors had been surprised, as smooth skin was exposed to the air where burn marks would have been expected. In the end the staff simply had been rejoiced that the wounds had been far less grave then they originally thought, before they left the boy alone so they could tend to the next patient.

The boy was not alone in the room, as other children his age filled the beds around him. Most of them were still in a deep sleep, and all of them were still covered in bandages, making him the sole exception in a room filled with pain and despair.

For he was empty, feeling neither loss nor sadness. He was like a newborn child, his memories of his previous life wiped clean. He didn't remember anyone he should mourn for, nor did he know anything that should be of importance to him.

Eventually he started to worry what would happen to him, before a stranger walked into the hall. His wrinkly coat and uncombed hair stuck out against the neatly dressed nurses and doctors.

"Hello. You must be Shirou-kun." The man addressed him as he walked towards the child. He tried to smile disarmingly at the confused Shirou, but it seemed like the man had no experience with smiling at all. His voice might have come off as a bit suspicious, but Shirou thought he still sounded very kind.

It felt as though they had met before, but Shirou's head still hurt as he tried to remember things. He quickly squashed his attempts to remember as the stranger suddenly spoke up, breaking his silent observation of Shirou.

"I'll ask you directly. Which would you prefer? To go to an orphanage, or to be adopted by this man, who you've never seen before?"

"Heh?" The boy was stunned ,as he tried to understand the statement the adult had so casually dropped onto him.

"Well, which do you prefer? If you want to, you can walk out of this place with me. Or you can stay and wait for anybody else to pick you up…."

"Are you perhaps a relative of mine?" The child guessed, as he tried to grasp the situation he had suddenly gotten himself into.

"No, I am just a stranger who just came to this town."The man looked unreliable and scruffy, with eyes which barely held any light. He looked like a person who had no future left for him

"I'll come with you."

Shirou saw no difference between a stranger and an orphanage he didn't know. The man smiled, tension leaving his body as he let out a sigh in relief.

"I see, that's good. I think you should quickly get ready now. You should get used to your new place as fast as you can." The man awkwardly started packing the boy's belongings, clearly showing he had little experience with neatly packing his own belongings. As he tries to close the bag, he suddenly turned back to the boy.

"Oh, I forgot to mention something important." he suddenly stated. "I have to tell you one thing before you come with me.It must be kept at all costs, understood?" Shirou simply nodded at the man. In response the man gave a small smile before continuing, leaning forward so no-one else could hear.

“To start off with, I'm a magician." He says it in a serious, exaggerated tone, as his face stays complete neutral.

"Wow, you're awesome." the boy said in a reverent whisper, the first thought that came to mind slipping out of his mouth. For whatever reason, he felt that he could believe this man's words. As if the existence of magic was natural to the boy.

-----------------

From that day on, the boy was named Emiya Shirou, as he lived with his new father, Emiya Kiritsugu, in an old, Japanese-styled home on the outskirts of Fuyuki. For a child of Shirou's age, the house was huge, and the two of them could barely fill the house with life. Yet the boy loved the place.

For months he would plead with his father to instruct him in magecraft, only for the man to refuse. The boy was driven by a great need, the desire to imitate the hero who had saved him, and his desire to become a magician himself, so that he one day could use the same powers to save others. In the end the man gave in, and started to instruct the boy in the very basics of magecraft, while putting the boy through strenuous workouts to prepare his body.

The man had no ambition to turn the boy into a magus, but the boy pushed himself to the limit, trying to reach the boundaries his father had set for him. The boy hung onto his words as he explained the cardinal rule to being a magus.

"To be a magus is to walk with death. You must accept that to practice magecraft."

The boy who had lost all fear for his own death in the fire took those words to heart.

After the boy was able to live on his own, the man started to leave the house on a regular basis, telling the boy that he would 'travel the world'. The man would be gone for days, weeks, and a few times he would stay away for over six months. Sometimes he was alone, and sometimes the daughter of his father's friend watched him while his father journeyed across the world.

The boy never complained, for when the man returned he would tell him stories of his journeys. and so the boy waited patiently for the man's return every time, the loneliness fading away whenever the man returned from his journey.

During those months the boy's dreams were filled with wonderful and terrible things. Sometimes he walked through the fire in which he had been reforged. In others he dreamed of an object he couldn't recognize, but which somehow resembled a sword, as blue and gold shades slowly displaying themselfes in formt of him.

On a few occasions he dreamed of the smell of ink and paper, as his ears pick up the sound of metal chains rustling around him. But his eyes only saw the darkness in front of him, a small light on the horizon just yet out of his reach.

It would have been nice if those simple days would continue forever……..

-----------

"When I was a child, I wanted to be a superhero." The man confessed as they sat outside. Although it was winter, the cold didn't quite reach them as they watched the full moon from the patio.

"What? What do you mean by 'wanted'? Did you give up?" Shirou asked, as he looked up at the man.

Kiritsugu laughed apologetically and looked up at the sky.

"Yes, unfortunately. Being a hero is a time-limited thing, and it becomes hard to call yourself that when you grow up. I wish I'd found that out earlier."

"I see. Then I guess it couldn't be helped." Shirou solemnly stated.

"Yeah. It really couldn't be helped."

"Yes, it can't be helped, so then I'll take your place." The boy continued, his voice rising, full of conviction, as a surprised Kiritsugu turned back to look at him. "It's impossible since you're an adult, but it should be all right for me. Let me take on your dream!"

They boy looked Kiritsugu in the eyes, his own eyes unwavering as he made the most important promise of his life.

"I'll make it come true."

Kiritsugu smiled, his shoulders slumping slightly, as if he felt an enormous burden be lifted from them, as if he was finally released from his fate.

"Thank you, I feel relieved hearing that. "

Shirou smiled at his father, who simply sat with his eyes closed, as if he was asleep. He looked so in peace that Shirou didn't dare to wake him up.

After that fateful night, Emiya Shirou was alone once more.

AN: The first chapter of this fix. This is mostly based on the first chapter of the original novel, as I prepare the setting where the story will take place. As the chapter title states, it describes the first family that Emiya Shirou has known, and how it has formed him into the man we all know. I decided to end the chapter here as he once again remains the sole survivor of his family.

Next chapter will be the start of the real story, as Shirou struggles to continue using his magecraft on his own, without knowing what he is doing at all.It's a good thing that a certain part of him does know what it is doing though, as it prepares to make its reappearance into the material world. Isn't it great that Shirou's one true magic is partly based on 'projecting that what lies inside his own mind?'
    Last edited by fraggle; February 25th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

Illya is best servant

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    @Fraggle: ...You didn't use the edited version of the Author's Notes section. I SEE TYPOS.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

That's because I rewrote the A.N while riding the train home , so I rushed it a little >_>

Illya is best servant

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I think it's a bit short, especially since this is mostly a retelling, but this is necessary and the addition you made are good, and I can understand why you choose to end the chapter where you did.

Well, up next is Family(II), so you could say I'm just splitting up the chapters into shorter ones so I can continue posting them in short time, that way I'll get more feedback and I will be able to correct any mistakes I might make concerning implausibilities.

Illya is best servant

Yeah, short but necessary. Next chapters the good stuff.

Great so far. Gimme the good stuff!
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!